Clubplanet Nightlife Community

>>RAVE or CLUB?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by t0nythelover

raves have the coolest people. my friend lost his glasses dancing and like 15 people stopped dancing and busted out the glowsticks to help find them. definitely a great experience, maybe thats why i go out so much.

THAT'S SOOOO AWESOME!!!!! :D

Rave or Club......rave 1998. I wish I was more exposed to the scene earlier, especially since so many good parties and clubs were around right in my own backyard!!! My older brother was such a little candy raver and my older sisters had gone to some legendary parties w/fuckin' map points (early 90s). But I never had a strong desire b/c I didn't know what i was missing except to see my brother become an e-tard for awhile.:balloon:

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

hey did you go to The Orb @ The Hammerstein Ballroom in 1997?

WoW!!! that was SOME NIGHT!!! :eek:

No my Orb experience was back in 93 or 94. That shit was crazy, they had a gravational bong. I hung out in the basement mostly, first time i ever heard "I am ready by Josh Wink"

Wow that was fun.

Originally posted by FlipsSOE

if so, my first experience was in 94 at infiniti's on bell blvd in bayside, where a relatively unknown dj skribble started spinning ( in the midst of ybt breaking up).

OMG! infiniti's was my first back in 1993. that place is a korean hooker joint now! ;)

otherwise,

First [real] club: Limelight 1996.

First rave: The Wave in Staten Island, 1999.

First - rave....boatyard village and fantasy ranch back in Tampa. Also Parthenon, which was a club, but advertised as a rave night.

Doesn't really matter anyhow.....according to congress, any club that has drug use taking place in it is a rave anyway....

Originally posted by kitty19

OMG! infiniti's was my first back in 1993. that place is a korean hooker joint now! ;)

otherwise,

First [real] club: Limelight 1996.

First rave: The Wave in Staten Island, 1999.

I remember infiniti but never went there. didnt it also turn out to be a couple of failed korean clubs? Korean hooker joint=Standbar??

club

one of these... i forget...Limelight/RedZone/Palladium:rolleyes:

Originally posted by vizualbyte

I remember infiniti but never went there. didnt it also turn out to be a couple of failed korean clubs? Korean hooker joint=Standbar??

haha, so it then became like this heavy metal joint for awhile.

then it became several failed korean joints.

yea, now it's a "standbar" but on several occasions i've seen the male patrons walking out with .... :eek:

Originally posted by quoth

Rave 1st- April Foolz 2 1998 in PA

1st Club- The Tunnel 1999

What did you thinf of April Foolz? Music was ok, Heat and over crowding SUCKED. Also when you see people smoking crack right in front of you, (as I did at AF 2) the party can not be that good.

Did you go to any more partys after that? If that was my first party I think I wouldnt of wwent to another one ever.