Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Connecticut Clubs

Hi, I'm from Danbury, CT, but I go to school out in Long Island. I was wondering what people think of the CT nightlife scene. There're some good places (Gothem, 11, Liquid, etc.) all over the state. I can recall many good nights spent in Hartford,New Haven, and my fav SoNo (South Norwalk.) Also I was wondering if anyone has been to the Terrace Club in Stamford. Thanks

I'm a fan

I'm not a big fan of the scene here in CT. If you just want a night out with friends, then there are decent places to go, but if you want a real night of clubbing with the best music in the best venues and people who know and love that music then you have to get out of CT. Maybe if NYC wasn't so close I wouldn't be so critical, but why bother with CT? The 2am curfew and obnoxious blue laws don't help the CT scene out either. I thought Hartford might get something going a few years ago with velvet getting johnathan peters and insomnia and system were decent afterhours, but the bottom line is not enough people know, love, and respect the music enough in CT to get a good scene going, in my opinion.

Originally posted by bombardjef

I'm not a big fan of the scene here in CT. If you just want a night out with friends, then there are decent places to go, but if you want a real night of clubbing with the best music in the best venues and people who know and love that music then you have to get out of CT. Maybe if NYC wasn't so close I wouldn't be so critical, but why bother with CT? The 2am curfew and obnoxious blue laws don't help the CT scene out either. I thought Hartford might get something going a few years ago with velvet getting johnathan peters and insomnia and system were decent afterhours, but the bottom line is not enough people know, love, and respect the music enough in CT to get a good scene going, in my opinion.

I have to agree with the above. Hartford at one point might have been going in the right direction with Velvet. Even now with places like Vado and Blu in Hartford.. it's still a ghost town and this is our Capitol? I used to live in Stamford and frequented Premeire ( now Mor) on Friday nights. For a small club.. it's the best CT has to offer for nightlife and music. Be lucky you do not live anywhere near the mass line as I do. Nightlife is non-existing so I make my monthly run to the city to hang with friends.

Originally posted by bombardjef

My thoughts exactly! I think living so close to NYC I am spoiled. In the New Haven and SONO area, i have always been dissappoionted with the music...very very commercial. But then again, its mostly a college age bar crowd.

My early clubbing days were spent up in Hartford and with the only after hours club in CT (Vibe (formerly Insomnia) left closing its doors forever at the end of this month, i think we can pretty much say, whatever is left of the scene is D-E-A-D.

i go out in CT sometimes for a change but i find the people in stamford tend to be very cheesy. premiere was the epitome of a cheesy club. art bar was terrible, now it is a thirsty turtle (which is a chain and sucks) :laugh: Temple bar is just as bad... CT just sucks. ill go to bars there when i am too lazy to find something cool to do but basically who the hell wants to leave a bar at 2 am?? the good thing about CT places is the people tend to be a little older, and its free to get in.

Originally posted by somebitch

i go out in CT sometimes for a change but i find the people in stamford tend to be very cheesy. premiere was the epitome of a cheesy club. art bar was terrible, now it is a thirsty turtle (which is a chain and sucks) :laugh: Temple bar is just as bad... CT just sucks. ill go to bars there when i am too lazy to find something cool to do but basically who the hell wants to leave a bar at 2 am?? the good thing about CT places is the people tend to be a little older, and its free to get in.

and sometimes you get to meet fine young gentleman like myelf;)

Originally posted by thehunter

Hi, I'm from Danbury, CT, but I go to school out in Long Island. I was wondering what people think of the CT nightlife scene. There're some good places (Gothem, 11, Liquid, etc.) all over the state. I can recall many good nights spent in Hartford,New Haven, and my fav SoNo (South Norwalk.) Also I was wondering if anyone has been to the Terrace Club in Stamford. Thanks

I'm a fan

you ever been to Vandome? or heard of it... fill me in... pm me

Just out of curiosity.....I wanted to go to a club in New Haven last weekend but didn't in fear that I wouldn't be able to get back to the city that night....does anyone know if there's a problem with that? How long does the metro north stay running, and are the clubs within walking distance of the stop?

BTW, Smokesum....is that Highmay on PCP in your Avatar?

Originally posted by brickhouse

Just out of curiosity.....I wanted to go to a club in New Haven last weekend but didn't in fear that I wouldn't be able to get back to the city that night....does anyone know if there's a problem with that? How long does the metro north stay running, and are the clubs within walking distance of the stop?

metro north stops running at 1:30 or something... it is really annoying, that is why i never take the train anywhere.

Soon Danbury will have an afterhours spot in N.Y right on the border. The people who own 11 Ives are opening a club in Brewster, N.Y called 11 West. If you are from the area you should def come and check out 11 there D.J's are all from N.Y or New Haven and there lightshow is incredible. No offence to Hartford area but it's all weak people! Stamford and Norwalk are nice but it gets old looking at the same people every weekend. Stamford used to be alot better! We are all lucky to be so close to the city that it shouldn't even matter what's in C.T.

Originally posted by brickhouse

There is nothing within walking distance from the N. Haven train station.. you will have to cab it to where ever you are going. Van Dome... nope. Try Gothem or the Neat lounge.. only two places even worth going to period.

Hey freshl7freshl7, I live in Danbury. I love 11 and i cant wait for a new venue to open up. I know one of the dancers there and am gonna try and spin there over the summer. Its always a great crowd and the people there are really nice. Its a shame Danbury doesnt have any other good places. There used to be that Plasma place but it was only open for like a week and its had 10 different names since. Is what used to be Mannequins, but now Fu-bar ever open?

:):eek:

Originally posted by snappy139

There is nothing within walking distance from the N. Haven train station.. you will have to cab it to where ever you are going. Van Dome... nope. Try Gothem or the Neat lounge.. only two places even worth going to period.

Actually, I was looking to head to Funktion since they have a breaks night......it would be nice to actually dance to breaks once in a while (not to mention that my favorite DJ in the world spun there last weekend ARGH). However, since I don't have a car, it's a really big pain in the ass....

i used to live up in CT and i can tell you that i prefer the CT scene over the Jersey scene...

lived in New Haven and went out in New Haven, SoNo, and Stamford, and when my ex moved to West Hartford, we did that quite a bit too.

i like how i can go down a main street and have my pick of bar/lounge/or small club.

i Jersey, i'm stuck at wherever i've chosen to go for the night.

in the end... if you're close enough to the city, that's still the place to be.