Clubplanet Nightlife Community

***ATTN: Palladium Clubkids***

I have recently read an article about the club in a magazine. The pictures they showed made the club look UNBELIVEABLE....

How was it? What were the parties like, what are some of your experiences there?

I haven't had a chance to check it out myself, but those that did, please share! I'd love to find out about it. Thanks!

The vibe was like no other...You didnt mind spending your entire sunday in da club!...It kinda felt like you were in your own living room. Awsome crowd, gay but plenty of girls....At times difficult to get in if Daryl or Fernando were being bitches...But when you walked in and saw the staircase leading up to the main floor, you knew you were in for a looong and great night......simply the best in my opinion........

QUOTE]Originally posted by dolik

I have recently read an article about the club in a magazine. The pictures they showed made the club look UNBELIVEABLE....

How was it? What were the parties like, what are some of your experiences there?

I haven't had a chance to check it out myself, but those that did, please share! I'd love to find out about it. Thanks!

I remember one of the selling points was that it was the place where they shot "Club MTV"...

What ever happened to DJ Charlie Cassanova?

One memory that sticks from that place is one night back in '93 when they stopped the music and turned out all the lights. Then all of a sudden glow necklaces (remember those?) started raining down from the upper levels. After the scramble to grab them they threw on "O Fortuna" and the place turned upside down. Then if memory serves me correctly they followed it with the techno remix of "Hey Jude"! I remember when the place closed at 4am or so I thought that was so late to be out. Ahh to be 18 again:D

Me memories of Paladium, are mostly of Hip Hop. I seen Special ed, KRS ONE (hardcore), onyx ,run dmc, slick rick, whodini. There must be more. From the club nights I remember MC ROMEO (Damm i forgot his whole name), the lights were crazy and the room at the top of the bleachers and the room by the mens room.

The song I remember most is " Its gonna be a lovely day for you and me just wait and see. It's gonna be a lovely day for you and me just wait and see"

memories :D

some shady sit that sticks out is when Onyx was performing the whole dance floor turned into a mosh pit, shit was crazy. I also seen a fight in there where 30 to 40 asians( they were all up in there like exit) were chasing 2 guys around the club and beeating them up. Last but not least, we had a beeper for our car (if it went off someone was in it) it went off so my friend and I rush out the club and to the lot closet to the club. They were like what the f*ck, nothin was gone from the car but they went in it. Then when we left there was a guy waitng for us and he went ahead of us and lewt the other guys know we were coming. They never got shit thiugh

my earliest memories of Palladium were two completely different outings,

one was 92, I saw Slayer there on a Wednesday night, they rocked the place... i was so young but i got in because we knew a guy whom was tight with Kerry King, (the guitarist). That night was so insane, i left scared, cause i saw such Vicious moshing like no other!

then was 93 when my boy Frank threw down 1000 at midnight, with samples from the Exorcist thrown in!

what a great night that was

This was my first club. I too have two distinct memories of this place. First in i think 93/94 ish when it was still PALLADIUM and while their were certainly some interesting characters music was mixed pretty commercialized, by NYC underground standards and in a way kind of reminds me of most of todays clubs. Then one day Junior created ARENA. Well, words cant really do it justice you really had to be their but ill try. Starting at the door, yes it was tough to get in but this kept the crowd the best ever. They would tell unwnteds its a gay party and send them away. Me and a couple of my buddies seemed to always manage to make it though. Inside, everybody beautiful, super friendly, and not "the wall of mirrors" i once heard someone on this board used to describe lack of individuality of style and attitude on todays scene. I know i def felt privledged and special to be a part of such energy. That is after all where i'm going with this: the fucking energy in that place! Nooobody and im not exaggerating nobody stood still in that place. if you were tired and wanted to grab a drink or head to the bleachers, people didnt walk, they stomped, and once they got their, they'd find it impossible not to keep movin to the music. Ahhh, Junior used to fuck shit up there like i havent even heard anyone even come close(imho) I remember lots of us dancin around just screaming "junior" To each his own though, everyone could be just as convincing as to why their club was great and be right on. the set up and size of the place deserves another discourse, but im done so somebody else please do that.

Myke, FUCK you, FUCK tony draper, and FUCK your blatant self-promotion.

When I want your flyers wasting space in my thread, I'll tell you. Until then, get lost :blown:

I am genuienly interested in the history of Palladium and that's why the thread was started....NOT because I wanted to give exit a chance to promote itself!

Richie...I think he was referring to Myke's post, not your reply. And boston stuff is just part of his sig,,,,

Originally posted by richiemarvisi

kid was interested so i let him know! uhh as far as the boston accent, who said anything about boston??:chainsaw:

I am guessing this is directed towards me. And I have no idea why, because my post above was about the tool and the Draper flyer. Meaning it ruined the thread.

i tell you,

You preach about fucking bring back factory friday's and then move it soo fast to exit,

i think its funny, as is your "Quest" of booking SHIT>

And also Very annoying....

As i do not know you, i will not BLAST you, But REALLY

There's Promoting your party, and then theres being a fucking DORK,

Really now, lol

PALLADIUM>

Was a monster!! and it was home for a very long time, i worked the door @ Palladium in the early 90's late 80's

ARENA was only the tip of it,

Oly>

http://www.fda-online.com/projects/palladium1_large.html

Palladium.. absolutely my favorite space in NYC. It is trully a shame that it is gone. I feel priviledged to have been able to experience some of the parties held in this space. From the Engine Room, The Michael Todd Room, The Bleachers, The Booth.. It was trully one of a kind. Enjoye the link. It's a pic of the dance floor. I'll try to find some other links.

Dami

Originally posted by jaysea

i tell you,

You preach about fucking bring back factory friday's and then move it soo fast to exit,

i think its funny, as is your "Quest" of booking SHIT>

And also Very annoying....

As i do not know you, i will not BLAST you, But REALLY

There's Promoting your party, and then theres being a fucking DORK,

Really now, lol

PALLADIUM>

Was a monster!! and it was home for a very long time, i worked the door @ Palladium in the early 90's late 80's

ARENA was only the tip of it,

Oly>

...:laugh:..One of these days dude, I gotta buy you a drink...:aright:..

Originally posted by kaydup

I am guessing this is directed towards me. And I have no idea why, because my post above was about the tool and the Draper flyer. Meaning it ruined the thread.

my bad bro. since your post followed mine...you get the idea, my sincerest apoligies

Originally posted by brooklynkid

great pic! brings back many memories....

that's when a club was a CLUB:D

DAMN! I remember how great the space was but this pic really reminds of how great (even today) that place was. MORE PLEASE! Lets see some bleacher shots. I think Green Velvet could have possibly written Flash about them bleachers. Who was a naughty, naughty, kid up there???:whip2: :jar: :bj:

Originally posted by richiemarvisi

DAMN! I remember how great the space was but this pic really reminds of how great (even today) that place was. MORE PLEASE! Lets see some bleacher shots. I think Green Velvet could have possibly written Flash about them bleachers. Who was a naughty, naughty, kid up there???:whip2: :jar: :bj:

Ahhhh...the bleachers. I've lost many a brain cell and some dignity up there.

PallaDium was on East14th St,

When it closed in 96-97 ish it was Torn down, the whole building was Knocked to the ground, in its place MORE NYU dorms were built, its not actually the same building,

people think exit was palladaium, Only because the dance floors like a little similer in pics, but in life they were TOTALLY different, they just had VERY Tall ceilings and had that box look..

but looked, and were nothing ALIKE, lol

"thats why alot of the tweakers all think Earth is> ARENA Take 2, but they werent around for it then, and dont understand that ARENA was nothing like EARTH, EARTH is shit, compared to the VIBE, people, MUSIC, and VENUE that pounded the walls of palladium!

nothing else EVER like that in NY

Now thats some fucking history, LOL