Clubplanet Nightlife Community

post your fav RAP albums

thehype

Not sure where you draw the line between Hip-hop and rap, and I think most people would consider these more the former than the latter, but they've got people rappin on them so its rap to me...

Aceyalone - Accepted Eclectic

Binary Star - Masters of the Universe

Handsome Boy Modeling School - So...How's Your Girl?

Stetsasonic - In Full Gear

Spooks - SIOSOS

Tribe - Low End Theory

Blood of Abraham - Future Profits

Originally posted by brickhouse

Not sure where you draw the line between Hip-hop and rap, and I think most people would consider these more the former than the latter, but they've got people rappin on them so its rap to me...

Aceyalone - Accepted Eclectic

Binary Star - Masters of the Universe

Handsome Boy Modeling School - So...How's Your Girl?

Stetsasonic - In Full Gear

Spooks - SIOSOS

Tribe - Low End Theory

Blood of Abraham - Future Profits

ive heard of like 2 of those cd's?

ready to die

illmatic

chronic 2001

mashall mathers lp

war report

Originally posted by fineones

ive heard of like 2 of those cd's?

Most of em are older....

Stetsasonic is from 1988 I think.....probably heard the track off it "Talkin All That Jazz"

Blood of Abraham is from the early 90's....Easy E co-produced the album, but it's seriously some of the smoothest shit out there...killer samples and really intelligent lyrics. Too political for a lot of peoples tastes, but if you're able to find the track "Stabbed by the Steeple", it's a classic. Tough to find the album tho....only about 5000 pressed and it's been out of print forever

Binary Star is the best hip-hop to come out of Detroit, period (yes, better than Eminem, Dilated Peoples, or Royce Da 5'9"). Those two have the best MC skills of anyone I've ever heard.

Aceyalone is an LA rapper who's been around forever but stayed underground....more similar to Del the Funky Homosapien than anyone else....some really crazy samples going on though. The title track samples Peter + the Wolf.....f'ed up

Handsome Boy Modeling School is Dan the Automator and Prince Paul with a bunch of guest MCs. Some of the tracks aren't really rap, but it's a really great album.

I'm sure Spooks and Tribe are the two you've heard of, so I'll leave those alone...

Originally posted by brickhouse

Most of em are older....

Stetsasonic is from 1988 I think.....probably heard the track off it "Talkin All That Jazz"

Blood of Abraham is from the early 90's....Easy E co-produced the album, but it's seriously some of the smoothest shit out there...killer samples and really intelligent lyrics. Too political for a lot of peoples tastes, but if you're able to find the track "Stabbed by the Steeple", it's a classic. Tough to find the album tho....only about 5000 pressed and it's been out of print forever

Binary Star is the best hip-hop to come out of Detroit, period (yes, better than Eminem, Dilated Peoples, or Royce Da 5'9"). Those two have the best MC skills of anyone I've ever heard.

Aceyalone is an LA rapper who's been around forever but stayed underground....more similar to Del the Funky Homosapien than anyone else....some really crazy samples going on though. The title track samples Peter + the Wolf.....f'ed up

Handsome Boy Modeling School is Dan the Automator and Prince Paul with a bunch of guest MCs. Some of the tracks aren't really rap, but it's a really great album.

I'm sure Spooks and Tribe are the two you've heard of, so I'll leave those alone...

\

no doubt..prince paul and del ...two of my favs..ill deffintly check them all out

jay-z- reasonable doubt

biggie- ready 2 die

wu-tang- 36 chambers

rakwon- Only built for cuban links

nas- illmatic

dr. dre- the chronic

snopp dogg- doggystyle

em- marshal mathers lp

em- eminem show

epmd- back in business

dmx-its dark and hell is hot

and most recently 50-get rich or die trying

Gza - Liquid Swords (#1)

Wu- 36 Chambers

Rae- Only Built....

Jay Z- Reasonable Doubt

2Pac- 2pacalypse Now / Me Against the World

Snoop- Doggystyle

House of Pain - Shamrocks and Shenanigans (a damn shame)

Dre- The Chronic

and here's one straight outa left field...

Project P.A.T.- Mista Dont Play...phatty album the north slept on

Originally posted by barslut

WOW , House of Pain , balls mister , balls.

haha i was gonna put that too...u got balls kidd...

PROJECT PAT is crazy ..i cant believe he has a career....im sorry ..hes just not good...whats the video with him yellin about D batteries in the beginning...hah he s funny muth afucka

I was gunna mention Big Pun's album Capital Punishment

his verse in the song 'Twins' was hot

It took me so long to learn his part in that verse

I still like Fat Joe but he's starting to get commercial to make his money... Thats the only reason his album went platinum, but whateva everyone does it to make money.

Lifestyles is a good song

Originally posted by fineones

haha i was gonna put that too...u got balls kidd...

PROJECT PAT is crazy ..i cant believe he has a career....im sorry ..hes just not good...whats the video with him yellin about D batteries in the beginning...hah he s funny muth afucka

nah for real u gottttttttta listen to Pat's last album..u will not skip a song ..guaranteed!...

as for House....i had to shout them out..shamrocks was a dope album

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

nah for real u gottttttttta listen to Pat's last album..u will not skip a song ..guaranteed!...

as for House....i had to shout them out..shamrocks was a dope album

aight ill check out pats album..but its gonna take allot ..gonna be tough haha

Originally posted by richiemarvisi

gangstaar-daily operation EPMD -buisiness as usual jeru the damaja 1st album i forget balck moon 1st album de la soul is dead

holy shit i totally 4got about Black Kastro...a.k.a. Fidel Negro...a.k.a Jeru Da Damaja...that was one ill cat..