Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Did anyone hear J.P in Miami?

I have always backed J.P on this board and I still love S.F on occasions but after listening to J.P in Miami in the same week of listening to Deep Dish, PVD and even D.J's from Holland that I never heard of it's obvious he is not on the same level as all these other D.J's. The night at Menage in Miami sucked on a whole it wasen't just J.P there was no A.C in the club and I didn't even like the venue after going to Opium and Crowbar and Space. Whoever missed the conference needs to go next year it was the best trip I ever took, It blows away every spring break and every other vacation spot I have been to.

Opiumm is the club that impressed me the most, but I don't see to may people talking about it. I was not that impressed with Space. These D.J's I heard from Holland were nice at Opiumm, the conference over all was sick, the only thing that sucked was the BASS all day all night at the Clevlander were I stayed I could not take a nap or sleep but I would not want to stay anywhere else there was alot of action there all week, Next year I am getting a whole floor at the Clevlander! :-)

peters wasnt good, but i think the fact that the club was so hot had a huge impact on the way i felt... we hadda do somehting so we bought a table up above the dj booth... it was just as hot up there so go figure...

Originally posted by dazed

peters wasnt good, but i think the fact that the club was so hot had a huge impact on the way i felt... we hadda do somehting so we bought a table up above the dj booth... it was just as hot up there so go figure...

Im glad all you guys you finally realized the JP Sucks!! His talent level has never been close to any of the real dj's we all know and luv. He is not even listed on the top 100 dj's. Saying JP is Talented is like saying a Louie Divito CD is good. Peace Out Ya'll:cool: :laugh:

He brings 4,000 people in every week though, just like the rest of those guys.

The difference is he can only do it in NYC.

I've seen him in DC a few times, and he played COMPLETELY different. No tech, more NYC house, and very few 10 minute + songs.

Actually the 1st time I heard him live was at Buzz on Halloween a few years ago, and I thought he was great. But he was playing trance and shit, and then my first time at SF I could not believe he was the same DJ.

I agree with many people, that you shouldn't have to wait around for a DJ to go off, like one typically does at SF until like 830. It requires way too much candy.

the reason he brings 4000 people (and that # is exadurated unless it's an event night) is that there are thousands of crackheads who have no place else to go because they still live with mommy & daddy so they can stay in that nasty place until Sunday night or they go because they are pretentious d & g wearing, follow-the-newest trend no originality having idiots so they go cause they're friends go to be seen & sniff crystal & try to be a "scenester".

What JP plays is not music, music has build-ups & break-downs & melody & harmony, the pots & pans that comes out of those speakers is far from music, it 's noise.

JP hasn't been good since 1999 & it's an insult to even compare him to dj's like PVD or Tiesto or Picotto or Cox

and before you get your panties in a bunch defending jp, i really don't care what you got to say so eat a dick

Originally posted by bassboy

He brings 4,000 people in every week though, just like the rest of those guys.

not quite. people go to factory just to go there, and most couldn't give two shits who was spinning. have JP play at some dirty small room somewhere the same night while some other shit dj is at factory and see how many people give up factory to go see JP. if this guy was any good he'd get plenty of respect internationally.....like DT for example.

Originally posted by dr0ne

not quite. people go to factory just to go there, and most couldn't give two shits who was spinning. have JP play at some dirty small room somewhere the same night while some other shit dj is at factory and see how many people give up factory to go see JP. if this guy was any good he'd get plenty of respect internationally.....like DT for example.

I agree, don't get me wrong, I still go to Factory on occasion, not like I used to back in 98-2000, but still go.

I like the club & I get to see some faces I normally wouldn't get to see but I go with no expectations, I know he's gonna suck & when he does suck I'm not disappointed.

I gotta give him classics night last year though, music was good.

I was there, it was fucking hot as balls in there.Had to pay the door guy 150 for 8 of use , than the admission 50 bucks. Then we got 2 bottle's for 600 which took 20 min for the waitress to get. LoL! Though Living Room was a better spot last year was'nt to impressed with with music! I though with all the factory shit going on he would be on point ,was the first time in like a 10 months I heard him. I'll always be a J.P fan no matter how how spins

ok well my perosnal opinion as a JP fan is that by seeing the look on his face in FL was that he really ddint even want to be there, and it wanst his place...and to me JP is a great DJ and yes i go to SF monthly adn enjoy it..and leave teh drug topic alone because there are people who still go to hear him spin..me at least..and I dont undersntad how people can go about bashing JP saying that hes nothing ..of cours ehgot his days whewn hes off...but when hes on..hes def on..if anyone been to PJ party ..the music was def on point the whole night...also i think people just on JP hating bandwagon quick either cause its cool or they hate soundfactory adn soundfactorys crowd/environemnt..that is just my opinion...so please dont start dissin..

after hearing all the djs at the wmc, i come to realize that jp is really not good at all. All the djs down there played good quality sets from begining to end, Jp spins for like 12 hours, and is good for 2 or 3 maybe. I think hes really gone downhill since the first time I heard him 2 years ago, or maybe my taste has just changed.

Its always a two-sided story with people. You have to understand, people like me, i enjoy the music he plays, i enjoy the suspense of waiting for the bangers, i enjoy the club SF in itself also.

To say JP has NO TALENT is wrong. But to say hes the best is just as wrong.

Now this whole Pots and Pans business. I would really like to understand what you people are talking about. Are you talking about the tech? If so...being a techno fan, it doesnt sound like pots and pans to me, sounds like great fucking music. But just to make all the stereotypers out there happy...I LOVE THE POTS AND PANS.

Ive heard JP out of SF, not the same. Whether it was the music, the people, the vibe, hot, cold, raining, or sunny...it doesnt matter.

Theres a certain feeling you get while in Factory (for those of us who go all the time we must be feeling it...so correct me if im wrong). Ive heard other DJ's also in Factory. It wasnt the same. Its something about that mix. That mix of JP's music, the people that go there, and everything else that contributes. Some people dont get that...and thats fine. Thats why I appreciate DT as a DJ and the music he plays, but i cant stand ARC. I guess its just not my thing.

There are some INSANE DJ's out there...to argue who is better is just stupid. Its not about who is better, its about who YOU like best.

why, if you go see him at SF all the time, would you possiblly have gone to see him in Miami considering all the other talent that was there that NEVER comes to NYC????

forget whether he's talented or not....i mean i won't even go see DT in Miami cause he's here when I want him (even though his Space event is arguably the biggest non-Ultra happening at WMC each year).

Originally posted by Teknojunkee

Ive heard JP out of SF, not the same. Whether it was the music, the people, the vibe, hot, cold, raining, or sunny...it doesnt matter.

Originally posted by crxsi211

ok well my perosnal opinion as a JP fan is that by seeing the look on his face in FL was that he really ddint even want to be there, and it wanst his place...and to me JP is a great DJ and yes i go to SF monthly adn enjoy it

This is the biggest pile of horse manure I've read on this board. A GREAT DJ is great ANYWHERE. If he's not the same outside of Factory, you need to resassess whether he is a GREAT DJ. I used to be a big JP fan, until I realized that out of an 18 hour set you hear about 4 hours of solid music and mixing. The rest of the time, the crowd has to be K'ed out or G'ed out to enjoy the noise that comes out of that system.

Hear DT, Carl Cox, Picotto, PVD etc. Those guys are always on no matter where they spin.

You'd think with age he'd get better. He's only dropped off. What a waste of 'talent'.

This past labor day weekend i met a few peeps at temptations' closing party that were visiting the NYC area from Chicago and they happen to go to SoundFactory that same weekend. They told me that they've been to vegas clubs, miami, cancun, chicago and several others. They were like there is no place like Soundfactory and that Dj that was spinning there is just pure evil. I was like i know what u mean bro. I'm a SF/JP fan an you either like it or you hate it. It's that simple.

• 3 years later...
the reason he brings 4000 people (and that # is exadurated unless it's an event night) is that there are thousands of crackheads who have no place else to go because they still live with mommy & daddy so they can stay in that nasty place until Sunday night or they go because they are pretentious d & g wearing, follow-the-newest trend no originality having idiots so they go cause they're friends go to be seen & sniff crystal & try to be a "scenester".

What JP plays is not music, music has build-ups & break-downs & melody & harmony, the pots & pans that comes out of those speakers is far from music, it 's noise.

JP hasn't been good since 1999 & it's an insult to even compare him to dj's like PVD or Tiesto or Picotto or Cox

and before you get your panties in a bunch defending jp, i really don't care what you got to say so eat a dick

ha

THATS WHY HE HAS BEEN VOTED AMERICAS NUMBER ONE DJ YU DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT SF I JUST MOVED TO MIAMI AND THE PARTIES DONT EVEN COMPARE I GO BACK AND FORTH JUST FOR A DAY TO SEE THAT MOTHERFUCKER SO YOU KNOW WHAT GO FUCK YOURSELF AND STAY THE FUCK OUT OF NYC

ha

THATS WHY HE HAS BEEN VOTED AMERICAS NUMBER ONE DJ YU DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT SF I JUST MOVED TO MIAMI AND THE PARTIES DONT EVEN COMPARE I GO BACK AND FORTH JUST FOR A DAY TO SEE THAT MOTHERFUCKER SO YOU KNOW WHAT GO FUCK YOURSELF AND STAY THE FUCK OUT OF NYC

yo this thread was started 3 years ago.. oh jeeeez!!

ha

u oh this guy sounds real tough better watch out he might rough ya up through your cp screen