Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Space 34 : The Grand Opening : 4.12.02

biznation00

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello,

I rarely do this kind of posts, but I think it is needed to do some suggestions.

Club Space was a great club. The venue was great and the vibe was very nice. The only thing I never liked, still do not, is that they always have the same guys playing over and over. I do know that Miami is a house/progressive scene but this does not mean that there are no trance followers out there in space. In this kind of business, you need variety to succeed, in my opinion, of course.

I sometimes see Space as a rollercoaster ride, going up and down. When they purporse it, they do things well, but when they do not, it kinda sucks. Space34 did extremly well at the WMC. Their line up was the best I have seen in USA so far, so I was very impressed. The Venue kicked as as well. I was really happy, and very proud of their WMC events.

My suggestion to Space is to bring more big name djs. Take the example of Club Glow in DC, or Roxy and ARC in NY, or Viva, in Toronto, Canada. Of course, this needs promoters/dj booking agencies. Space needs promoters/bookers that would be able throw parties here in Miami and have 34 to host these parties. Club Glow (http://www.clubglow.com) has Armin van Buuren and Ferry Corsten as bi-monthly residents, Made Events (http://www.madeevents.com) has Paul van Dyk as bi-montly resident (again since the Twilo shutdown) at Roxy, and Temporal Rythm (http://www.temporalrhythm.com)have thrown parties at Viva Nightclub in Toronto with DJs as: Johan Gielen, Marco V, John 'OO' Fleming, and so on. Why can't Space do this?? is it so hard??

I reckon if Space's people would put a little bit more of effort they can make it a nicer place of what they alredy are.

this is all, for now.

all the best,

xxx

Arturo

Originally posted by djfrosty

As the old saying goes... if it's not broke, don't fix it.

I'm not saying to fix it. I'm just saying give the trance a chance. once. Make a schedule with twice a month trance nights. It is not so hard you know...

all the best,

arturo

Guest saleen351

I wish oscar g would pack up and move to europe for a year.. Within 2 months people would be begging LP to lure him back.. Oscar is a local deep dish, he is a local pvd, he is a local anthony papa, etc...

hes up there with any of them.. I'll fucking proove it in a sec, but miami is huge up on euro trash djs with big names, and the same talent level as oscar...

So i say keep it the same except the nyc jocks need to get booked. and of course the patio at 6am is horrid...

just today a club owner emailed me. Said he went to the space DT party and to quote him "oscar was the best part of the entire night"

He wants oscar at his club.... Og has a copy ask him for proof.

can get into which club, or where its at, but i don't know this club owner or his club, but he knew i did a party with him, so he pmed me..

just my 2 cents...

ps i have many space 34 track requests... Took oscar a year to play a track that i've been begging for.. Robbie Troncos The train

:eek: :eek:

Originally posted by saleen351

I wish oscar g would pack up and move to europe for a year.. Within 2 months people would be begging LP to lure him back.. Oscar is a local deep dish, he is a local pvd, he is a local anthony papa, etc...

hes up there with any of them.. I'll fucking proove it in a sec, but miami is huge up on euro trash djs with big names, and the same talent level as oscar...

So i say keep it the same except the nyc jocks need to get booked. and of course the patio at 6am is horrid...

just today a club owner emailed me. Said he went to the space DT party and to quote him "oscar was the best part of the entire night"

He wants oscar at his club.... Og has a copy ask him for proof.

can get into which club, or where its at, but i don't know this club owner or his club, but he knew i did a party with him, so he pmed me..

just my 2 cents...

ps i have many space 34 track requests... Took oscar a year to play a track that i've been begging for.. Robbie Troncos The train

:eek: :eek:

hello Saleen,

just to make it clear, I never said Oscar G was bad or so, nor to have him removed from their lineup. I just made some suggestion for a single night. I know, from what I heard and read, that Oscar G is a great DJ. However, the music he plays, I do not like, Unfortunately.

by the way, what do you mean with this "but miami is huge up on euro trash djs"?? I get 2 meaning. either miami is filled with big djs coming from europe (where are them? I never see them) or that djs in miami plays "euro trash" music.

all the best,

arturo

Quick solution rotate saturdays

Month of May (For Example lol)

1st Saturday Deep Dish

2nd Saturday Armin Van Buuren

3rd Saturday Howells

4th Marco V

You will get everyone who goes to space just because its space and you will get the followers of dj and you wont be at such a risk of loosing out.

But anyway, things aint looking good for my apperance at Space 34 (DAMN), Gonna have to hit the bottle and see what happens.

Guest saleen351

Ok i'm gonna give you club experts some real insight here.

Pay attention...

There is a reason, and some of them I can't post on here, but you can find this on this CP message board (posted by space djs, and employees you guys just never read into or see them), but the djs at space have a style, and when the tiestos come here, they ruin the party they built up. Didn't you guys notice how few guests were booked in the last few months. It was done for a reason... The clubs music, was all over the joint with trance, tech, house, progressive etc... Tempts in Nj is Tempts since its the same dj, same music style etc.... Space was loosing its main party which is og and roland... So they kicked out the guests and did many nights where they pushed their party and music.. Made it stable and made it a guaranteed good time.. Thats the main reason you won't get your requests, and also the fact that trance djs don't pull on friday nights, so booking them on sat night is not smart, It messes with the flow of the space party..

Whens the last guest dj to spin for JP? Or tsettos? Or DT? When they do spin for DT its dead...

NYC jocks will feed off of oscar g, HENCE WHY I SAY BOOK THEM... I WOULDN'T DARE PUSH for mistress barabra at space, even though for me, it would be sick..

look at the dj i posted about, its sheldon romero, a more "drummier" version of og... 80% of the crowd would not know og wasn't in the booth. hence why it works in the frame of the space party.. but marco v on a sat night fucks it all up...

Originally posted by saleen351

Ok i'm gonna give you club experts some real insight here.

Pay attention...

There is a reason, and some of them I can't post on here, but the djs at space have a style, and when the tiestos come here, they ruin the party they built up. Didn't you guys notice how few guests were booked in the last few months. It was done for a reason... The clubs music, was all over the joint with trance, tech, house, progressive etc... Tempts in Nj is Tempts since its the same dj, same music style etc.... Space was loosing its main party which is og and roland... So they kicked out the guests and did many nights where they pushed their party and music.. Made it stable and made it a guaranteed good time.. Thats the main reason you won't get your requests, and also the fact that trance djs don't pull on friday nights, so booking them on sat night is not smart, It messes with the flow of the space party..

Whens the last guest dj to spin for JP? Or tsettos? Or DT? When they do spin for DT its dead...

good point

You've got a valid point there, Saleen.

People expect "Well, if I go to Space on Saturday, I know I am going to hear house or a variant of it", hence the guests all being people like Steve Lawler, Danny Tenaglia, Danny Howells, Deep Dish, etc..

When Space did book a trance DJ, they opened on a Friday most of the time...which I think will work if promoted properly. PvD will pack the house on a Friday, I can guarantee that...which will enable tranceheads to get their fix, without disrupting the flow of the Saturday party.

While some on and off the board would welcome the variety of having a trance DJ on a Saturday, the majority of people on and off this board are a stodgy bunch, they get all bunched up when what they expect isn't there...put Marco V on a Saturday as a guest DJ, watch the househeads on here blow up...statements like "I don't like trance, so I showed up at Space 34 at 7 AM, when I knew Marco would be off and Oscar back on" would be heard...

I think having a regular trance night at Space won't work...not enough people will show for a venue that size. Opening it up every so often on a Friday for special guest trance DJs, would work...big ones like PvD, Tiësto and such would pack the place, and it wouldn't be a big deal if Marco V played to a crowd of 500 people on a Friday...they could take the hit since their moneymaker on Saturday was still going strong..

Guest saleen351

my pt is valid, since someone sat me down and explained it to me... That someone being a major player in the club world..

Anways, the occasional guest dj won't kill space, gives og time to take a week off, or go around the world.. But if you look at 90% of the djs you guys posted about, you'd be an idiot to book them.

A tsettos or a sheldon will bring the nyc element to space, low cost, and some decent pulling power, but it doesn't matter, it would be in conjuction with the current space party frame work.. Oscar is still the main dj on the night a tsettos or sheldon would spin. Think of it that they are a duo that night. Thus nothing has been changed... But to the few nj or nyc house heads, plenty has changed... Thus why DT is at space and not level.

I think you will all be happy with what is in store at 34...

For you Trance lovers....

You must understand that Saturdays have been built on a solid House music foundation (hence the name "Housessions") This format allows us to incorporate some of the best DJs in the world into our Saturday night party on a regular basis...(D.T., Deep Dish, Lawler, Howells, Tom Stephan...etc.) This format has kept our party strong for nearly 3 years now....to throw in a Tiesto or P.V.D. would simply not make sense.....

As you probably recall, Space had a Friday Trance night for a very long time...but could not continue due to lack of support from the local Trance audience....It seems as if they will come out for the mega-superstar DJs, but will not bother with supporting a weekly party...(which IMHO makes it seem like a scene based more on hype and theatrics than music)

For this reason, and to satisfy all the different tastes and lead the way, as far as music, in this town ...Space34 will offer special events on several Fridays that will cater to these different tastes and satisfy the picky Trance audience....Expect to see all your favorite Trance big-shots stopping in a couple times a month on a Friday night...

For the rest of you....

I can't wait for Saturday!!! I hope to see you guys there...It's going to be fun getting a fresh start...Expect the unexpected...HOUSE MUSIC IS ALIVE AND WELL!!! I can't wait to get my hands on that banging system....HERE WE GO!

"HOUSESSIONS version 2.0"

HOUSE IS A FEELING!:D

O.G.

(CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE NICE THINGS THE PROFESSOR HAD TO SAY :))

Saleen is right about one thing. CONSISTANCY!!

Think about this.. Try puttin' Tom Stephan or even a Steve Lawler @ Spi on a Saturday night (Acosta's night) & see what happens. Now try that 2 weeks out of the month & see how things start to change. My point is, that breaks the consistency of the whole party. Some peepz go to Spi becuz they know to expect Trance & Trance is what they want. Now add that same formula to Space House Sessions.

We've experimented on Saturdays before @ Space. Well not exactly with trance, but with "B" class djs that push beyond the limits of the House genre & its never faired well. Another example was Revolution Fridays @ Spin, back when we were involved. Same concept & where are we now with Spin?? All it takes are 2 bad weeks of inconsistancy in a month & alot changes. You'd be surprised...

Now about Space not bringin' talent, are you kiddin' me?? let's get into that for a sec. & lets talk about the Trance guys Space has brought down in the last 6 months to a year... We've booked John 00 Fleming, Judge Jules, Scott Bond, Guy Ornadel, Taucher, Johan Gielen, Christopher Lawrence, Alex Gold, Evolution, Voyager, the list goes on & on but many of their turnouts don't. Btw, they are all "B" class djs, just the way you like em'. Now what about our quarterly residents- PVD, Tiesto & Picotto (now these guys turn it out). Have you forgotten that each of those guys play 4 times a year @ Space?? The sad reality of it all is that some peepz suggest bringin' in this guy & that guy, but when he's down, who really shows up??

How about Space's promoters/bookings?? We give you at least 2 guests a month, at least!! & we like to think we have a solid marketing/promotions team. If you haven't seen many guests lately it's becuz before & after conference, not many quality djs are available. Aside from Feb & April we book our asses off!! Name me an "A" or "B" class dj you haven't seen @ Space or in Miami for that matter. We're pretty lucky to have such a fortunate scene here in Miami & Space has always pushed the trend in bookin' international & US talent. No one books more.

Now aside from the trance quarterly residents we give you the House Sessions residents- Deep Dish, Danny T, Steve Lawler, Danny Howells, Tom Stephan, Saeed & Palash, Behrouz. Isn't that enuff?? Name me another club in the U.S. who has near the caliber quarterly residents as Space. I'm not sayin' we're superior to anyone, but we work pretty hard at makin' Space what it is today. I mean, after all, Dance Star 2003 gave us the "Best Club/Venue" award & the 2003 Club Show Awards gave us the "Best Sound System" award. Not to mention Oscar G got "Best club resident". All this @ the old Venue. The bottom line is that some of us don't know how good we have it.

Well, like I said b4, the Saturday nights are formatted around House (hence the name House Sessions), therefore "it is what it is". Look for Trance & Techno on Fridays from time to time, now your only worry should be your agenda. We'll keep bringin' it, just don't baby sit the neighbor's hamster when Marco V comes to town...:rolleyes:

Good day...

As far as trance DJs go, it's funny how a lot of people want them, then all of the sudden, they do have to babysit the neighbor's hamster when the night comes. Then you've got the situation where you've got 300 people on the dancefloor, 295 of them can't even name the DJ.

I think 95% of the fri parties will loose money at Space

Im mean even MP only had a few hundred people last time he played on a Fri.

And to all you trance whores there were only about 200 people tops at Maze when your beloved AVB played.

It's just smart for Space to stay away from trance IMO.:idea:

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

if ur gonna do ANY trance parties at Space...one suggestion:

NO PVD...PVD IS THE TRANCE EQUIVALENT TO BELLINI!!! (IMO) :tongue:

Your right Matas

I might go to some trance shows but never ever ever PVD again.