Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Space 34 : The Grand Opening : 4.12.02

biznation00

Originally posted by arturob

I'm not saying to fix it. I'm just saying give the trance a chance. once. Make a schedule with twice a month trance nights. It is not so hard you know...

all the best,

arturo

dont you ever see the flyers when tiesto, pvd, edgar, padilla etc are performing at space????

just cuz they dont have a resident trance dj set in stone, doesnt mean they dont play trance!!!! Additionally, hang out in the blue room late nite, i think oscar might be able to trance you w/o playing trance@@@@;)

PS where were all these people when the final months prevailed for trancemisssions!!!:confused:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by beatfriek

dont you ever see the flyers when tiesto, pvd, edgar, padilla etc are performing at space????

just cuz they dont have a resident trance dj set in stone, doesnt mean they dont play trance!!!! Additionally, hang out in the blue room late nite, i think oscar might be able to trance you w/o playing trance@@@@;)

PS where were all these people when the final months prevailed for trancemisssions!!!:confused:

last year, i know this.. I started going to space early this year as I became 21, thats why I never went before.

all the best,

art

Lets put things in perspective. I don’t care who you put in Space ,or any other club on a Friday. it simply will be a challenge.. this has been proven time and time again. It has NOTHING to do with the genre of music, and is more a reflection of economics. the likelyhood of someone going out both Friday and Saturday is remote.

Yes. we know house sessions is built around a theme, and Oscar built that from the ground up. no one can deny that, and you sure as hell have to appreciate it. :cool:

however if you are going to offer a HIP – Hop format, as a complement to house sessions. where is the harm in doing the same for trance or techno? I believe Dekean alluded to this in his post.

the argument "where was the trance audience on Fridays" is flawed imo, and quite frankly if you put house sessions on Friday .it would have the same results as transmissions. again it has nothing to do with the genre of music, the level of talent of the DJ, etc. is has to do with economics plain and simple. the days of Friday and Saturday being equal in their ability to draw sufficient crowds is over.

if I'm wrong then try putting house sessions on Friday, and transmissions on Saturday. then review the results and tell me I’m wrong.

Know one is saying in my assessment .ditich house sessions. it would seem to me, people are asking for more of a choice. considering Space 34 is about the size of a football field. what would be the harm in at least trying it out?? any way that’s my two pennies, carry on with the debate.

:D

Originally posted by sobeton

Lets put things in perspective. I don’t care who you put in Space ,or any other club on a Friday. it simply will be a challenge.. this has been proven time and time again. It has NOTHING to do with the genre of music, and is more a reflection of economics. the likelyhood of someone going out both Friday and Saturday is remote.

Yes. we know house sessions is built around a theme, and Oscar built that from the ground up. no one can deny that, and you sure as hell have to appreciate it. :cool:

however if you are going to offer a HIP – Hop format, as a complement to house sessions. where is the harm in doing the same for trance or techno? I believe Dekean alluded to this in his post.

the argument "where was the trance audience on Fridays" is flawed imo, and quite frankly if you put house sessions on Friday .it would have the same results as transmissions. again it has nothing to do with the genre of music, the level of talent of the DJ, etc. is has to do with economics plain and simple. the days of Friday and Saturday being equal in their ability to draw sufficient crowds is over.

if I'm wrong then try putting house sessions on Friday, and transmissions on Saturday. then review the results and tell me I’m wrong.

No is saying in my assessment .ditich house sessions. it would seem to me, people are asking for more of a choice. considering Space 34 is about the size of a football field. what would be the harm in at least trying it out?? any way that’s my two pennies, carry on with the debate.

:D

good points tony I think your right.

but since I like house I like the way Space is now

well except for the big :cheese::laugh:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by mrmatas2277

i heard...that at the closing party...Oscar played trance...i dont wanna start any rumors...but i will leave it to him to defend himself on this claim...:tongue:

I'm scheduling a sit down with the bosses, to discuss og throwing trance down when LP walked in the booth... :blown: :blown: :blown:

You guys are all SO Right, I totally agree with all of and especially Tony. God couldnt even pack space on a friday and all the die hard trance/techno lovers are few and far between here. Also Half the people who go out Sautrdays just go out. We KNow That.

My point was Yes "Houseseesions" is your party now and its succesful but does anyone rememeber where House began in the red room as a seperate ROOM. Oscar Tore it Up there While Edgar through it down in the other room. I do remeber Nights where NO ONE was even in the Red Room.

Y Can't That be possible I agree Trance is on a Low here, but it Aint That low that we cant beat out the hip hop crowd around 5 and Can have a 1 to 4 session on the the terrace.

Originally posted by djdekan

Y Can't That be possible I agree Trance is on a Low here, but it Aint That low that we cant beat out the hip hop crowd around 5 and Can have a 1 to 4 session on the the terrace.

i am with ya on beating out the hip hop crowd around 5 am from Space 34:aright:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mr. Trees, are you trying to start shit?

Anyone that has been to Space afterhours in the last 3 years knows that I have never been afraid to experiment with different genres including techno and trance....I may pitch them down a bit to fit within my format but I am definitely open to them....

Saleen....

I think you had one too many by that point in the night;)

Tony....

I agree with your points....and as far as my post...I was definitely not trying to imply that one genre is superior to another, nor that the style of music or DJ was the reason for it's demise.....I was simply trying to explain why we do what we do on Saturdays....and why that allows us to create an enviroment ,where the DJs I mentioned, can come in and do well with a Miami crowd that is usually very picky...

As far as Hip-Hop being played....well that boils down to the bottom-line.....Beleive it or not, on most nights, that Hip-Hop room generates more income than the main room!!!

As far as the argument "where was the trance audience on Fridays"...I think it is valid to a certain extent....I totally agree that the economy has had a huge impact on the ability of clubs to have multiple succesful nights....but....considering that there is only one other club/dj in town (GA @ Level then Spin/Spi) who plays Trance (other than the super-commercial Iguana's of the world) You would think there would be enough of a demand to maintain a Trance night going with a great Trance resident (Edgar V.) and the best in Trance guest DJs....but for some reason, these people would rather go to a club, with music they don't necessarily like (mine;)) just because it is crowded...or is the "happening place"

It all goes back to my OLD argument which is...it seems like most people will bitch about wanting different styles and different DJs ...but when a club goes out on a limb and offers it to them ...NOBODY SHOWS UP!!!!

STRYKE @ RED (TECHNO)

EDGAR V. @ SPACE, BILLBOARD, LIQUID, OXYGEN (TRANCE)

BIG DJ LITTLE CLUB (GOOD MUSIC ACROSS THE BOARD)

CHRIS & MONO @ P.M. SESSIONS (DEEP, TECH HOUSE)

DHM @ AQUABOOTY (DEEP HOUSE)

ARIEL BAUND @ SPI (PROGRESSIVE)

RALPH FALCON & JIMMY T. @ RAIN (TRIBAL)

JON COWAN & LUIS DIAZ @ NERVE (PROGRESSIVE)

MENG @ SPI (BREAKBEAT)

DAVID PADILLA @ LEVEL (TRANCE)

These are all examples of the best DJs Miami has to offer, playing all different genres, but what do all these parties have in common?

NOBODY SHOWED UP!!!!

Don't get me wrong though Tony....I saw you and Dekan there every Friday I was there supporting my man EV...but you know what I mean....

great now you guys got me ranting again....

:mad:

Guest saleen351

well og, you just prooved my point, There is not one nyc house party in florida... But since space is talking to my man sheldon romero, hopefully it happens... ;) Book em, and the guidos and mics will come...

I totally agree...

I can name a few more...

Confucius @ Spi and Red

HYBRID @ Lola

Satoshi @ Lola

Three and Mr C @ Maze

people even showed up to Miguel Migs upstairs at maze...and he sucked ( he was sick but so what)

DHM was wayyyy better. People showed cause someone told them it was hip to be at Miguel Migs

I can't see why Space packs it in every weekend. I cant deal with the crowds, prices, lines...attitudes.

Guest saleen351

this entire post sums up why nerve won't make it... you would have to have a guest dj every week for a entire year to make any profit, and even then, one day a week and you are in serious trouble especially after steve dash charges you 80k a year to tune your system, or it goes to hell....

Originally posted by thephoenix

such a shame if it doesn't cause it is designed cool, great sound, away from all the other clubs, great music.

tell you what, I will keep going to Nerve and Maze.

you guys can have Space...

I can see your point about the crowd but OG is the man

99% of these so called "super star DJ" are never as good as OG.

Oscar > I agree with your points to an extent.:D however the trance and techno audience is smaller then the house audience and hip-hop audience. is a trance and techno audience enough to pack a club on an off night such as Friday? the answer as we know is no. is the trance and/or techno audience enough, to pack a club on a Saturday? well that is somewhat debatable.

my additional points on the subject ……………………..

I think what is still getting lost in all this debate. is if you have a venue big enough, to accommodate a large enough amount of people. then why not segment things out a bit, allowing everybody to get a taste of everything.

For example :how cool would it be to have something like this:

Main Room: House Sessions

Red Room: Hip- Hop

Terrace: Trance (1- 4) Techno (4- 7) House (7- close)

Several genres of music all under one roof.

In doing something like this. the principal theme house sessions is maintained, and other genres of music are also offered as an option.

Also in doing something like this, it is quite possible. that some Hip-hop, trance, or techno fan. who might not have ever stepped into Space for house sessions; on there own accord. now may make that step and check house sessions out. this same philosophy can also be applied to house session’s fans.

I would never not want to see house sessions, be a part of Space. Just make the party bigger and more diversified. :)

Everybody needs are addressed. LP makes tons of money, and would probably connor the Saturday nite market…. I mean really! why would I go to any other club? when every type of music I want to hear, is all under one roof at Space.

GIVE ME MY MUTHAFUCKIN TECHNO DAMNIT!!!!

I don't want to have to travel to Detroit or France to hear a fuckin import techno DJ.

To anyone who says we don't have a techno scene, I better see all of you supporting Stryke @ Maze on the 2nd of May wether or not he will play Techno that night is up to him, but if you don't support your locals you are never going to see someone else here.

New York has an experimental techno night on a tuesday up there. We could not get away with that here if it was fuckin' conference .. I hope one day that does change.

Music is the basis of all reality ...

the # 1 problem in miami is there is no coordination between venues. i know it's a competition, but everyone is competing for a small slice of what the pie once was. too many conflicting events drawing and dividing from the same small (and getting smaller) crowd.

if space made sasha and digweed quarterly residencies they would completely corner the market adding in what they already hold. space will be the only large club to survive. ...and to be honest, that's the only large club miami needs. the "music" scene is going to move into the smaller venues as this town, as well as many others, do not pull the #'s to support "music". the entire economics of the scene have to change. it's already starting w/ the easy access to numerous guestlists and open bars. it's finally going to work again when they lower prices. you will make more money by having $10 cover and $4-6 drinks all night long than 500 guestlist spots an 2 hours open bar. at this point, space's popularity allows them to stick it to us w/ high prices. but no other venue in miami can or should expect the same.