Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Space 34 : The Grand Opening : 4.12.02

biznation00

It's funny when no one shows up, yet you get 300 people here saying that they will...and then you get 20 at best. I'll admit, I'm guilty of not showing up sometimes, but in my defense I usually have an excuse. But sometimes I hear bullshit like "man, I got so fucked up the night before, I couldn't even think about it!" or "My neighbor's hamster had to go to the hospital, so...."

James has a valid point, Miami only needs one mega-club, and those needs are seen to by Space, despite what anyone from Level or crobar has to say. Both of those places aren't even in the same league as Space.

crobar and Level do nothing these days but steal from the smaller places like Nerve and Maze...well maze isn't small, but you get my point. People go to both because they're big and glitzy...if both clubs vanished, there'd be 300 people at Nerve on a Saturday for Jon and Luis.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another point. you have the venue you have the audience.now how do you get the other wanders into the picture ? ding ! you offer what the smaller venues offer ; adding that to what you already have. now you have just connored the market. supply and demand !

nice to see that space added zabiela to the lawler night in may. that should be really good. i'd like to see james out on the terrace. have him open the main room. and roland open the terrace, then have lawler take over the main room, move james onto the terrace. then have oscar take over the main room and have lawler close the terrace. now that would be a kick ass night!

Guest brwneydtrouble

Well, I have to agree that the Trance/Techno audience has been dwindling. I have tried MANY times to go out to see Acosta at Spi and Edgar V at Oxygen, but since I am a regular at Space, and then afterhours on Sunday, that means that I would be up for more than 36 hours straight!! (I do have things to do on Saturdays...)

I think that having trance/techno on the patio is not the best idea, being that when I want to hear trance, I want it dark, to let loose and go crazy. I dunno about everyone else.

What I do have to say, is that the local DJ's have to be the nicest, coolest guys around. Roly, super cool, Edgar, you da man, and Oscar, haven't had a chance to really talk to you, but you seem very down to earth. David Padilla, one cool cat, thanks for that favor babe. ;)

I just hope that I will continue to have as great a time every weekend, as I have these past two Saturdays. Meeting all you guys, and having a great time.

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

I think that having trance/techno on the patio is not the best idea, being that when I want to hear trance, I want it dark, to let loose and go crazy. I dunno about everyone else.

you can't get down under the stars ?? :D by the way where you saturday young lady ? :(

To those people complaing about not enough trance, this friday you got edgar v at crobar and on saturday you got lange, you wanna see more trance acts here support those nights and attend these events. HOw you gonna expect any promoter to get trance acts when nobody goes out there and supports them when they do bring in somebody. And one thing whoever is promoting for spi, do your job well and get people to know whats going on in your venue, build your website, get somebody in here hyping your events, and whatever else you have to do to make people want to come to your place and know whats going on there.

As for me friday im at crobar supporting crobar when they book edgar v and on sat. im gonna make the effort of going to spi and space because I love trance and want more acts to come here, but my saturday nights are usually reserved for space as they've managed to make me a resident there with the constant quality nights they have.

Originally posted by james954

nice to see that space added zabiela to the lawler night in may. that should be really good. i'd like to see james out on the terrace. have him open the main room. and roland open the terrace, then have lawler take over the main room, move james onto the terrace. then have oscar take over the main room and have lawler close the terrace. now that would be a kick ass night!

Props to LP ... James Zabiela kicks some arse ... however LP wants to move DJs around will work ... :D :D :hat:

Originally posted by saleen351

James Zabiela=eurotrash...

i didnt like him much, mainly b/c i hadnt heard him spin...but i went to the Hooj party (or as Saleen would say "Euro-trash party) the Monday of WMC and he def. impressed me...didnt get to hear more of him, cuz Sander K was going off in the room next to him...but i will def. catch him at Space when he comes down here...

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by mrmatas2277

i didnt like him much, mainly b/c i hadnt heard him spin...but i went to the Hooj party (or as Saleen would say "Euro-trash party) the Monday of WMC and he def. impressed me...didnt get to hear more of him, cuz Sander K was going off in the room next to him...but i will def. catch him at Space when he comes down here...

saw him at crobar.... nothing special.... and the fact they hang british flags everywhere when he spun pissed me off....

Originally posted by sobeton

Oscar > I agree with your points to an extent.:D however the trance and techno audience is smaller then the house audience and hip-hop audience. is a trance and techno audience enough to pack a club on an off night such as Friday? the answer as we know is no. is the trance and/or techno audience enough, to pack a club on a Saturday? well that is somewhat debatable.

my additional points on the subject ……………………..

I think what is still getting lost in all this debate. is if you have a venue big enough, to accommodate a large enough amount of people. then why not segment things out a bit, allowing everybody to get a taste of everything.

For example :how cool would it be to have something like this:

Main Room: House Sessions

Red Room: Hip- Hop

Terrace: Trance (1- 4) Techno (4- 7) House (7- close)

Several genres of music all under one roof.

In doing something like this. the principal theme house sessions is maintained, and other genres of music are also offered as an option.

Also in doing something like this, it is quite possible. that some Hip-hop, trance, or techno fan. who might not have ever stepped into Space for house sessions; on there own accord. now may make that step and check house sessions out. this same philosophy can also be applied to house session’s fans.

I would never not want to see house sessions, be a part of Space. Just make the party bigger and more diversified. :)

Everybody needs are addressed. LP makes tons of money, and would probably connor the Saturday nite market…. I mean really! why would I go to any other club? when every type of music I want to hear, is all under one roof at Space.

THAT WOULDN'T BE A BAD IDEA...

MAYBE NOT IN THAT PARTICULAR ORDER

BUT THAT SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA..

IF SPACE WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT ON FRIDAYS (ROTATING THE MUSIC IN EACH ROOM) & NOT TOUCH HOUSESESIONS..... SPACE WOULD BE THE PLACE TO BE....(ON THE WEEKEND) AS IF IT ISN'T ALREADY.... AT LEAST FRIDAY MAY COME ALIVE AGAIN....

THAT WAY THEY PLAY A DIFFERENT KIND OF MUSIC

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by thephoenix

or "Hot For Teacher" done as lounge music....

yea, i have, type richard cheese into a muisc search engine... you'll find all his tracks...

heard a bunch of them on DJlex.com - 80's hits

...not to bad...and with a good buzzz...would be funnier than hell.

I think the album is was from was called 80 lounge cover...bobby burbank.

I am going to buy the cd and give it as gifts this christmas!

do you have a copy? Can I dupe it till find it?

Guest brwneydtrouble
Originally posted by sobeton

you can't get down under the stars ?? :D by the way where you saturday young lady ? :(

Its just that the vibe in the patio from 1-4 is too slow, too chill. I usually just go there to get away from the constant pounding of the blue room. Actually, my favorite time to get down is just before sunrise in the patio.

And as for Saturday, I was EVERYWHERE. We got to space at 12:30am, and I was there till 11:30am on sunday. I was bouncing all over the place. I didn't see YOU anywhere.....:shake:

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

And as for Saturday, I was EVERYWHERE. We got to space at 12:30am, and I was there till 11:30am on sunday. I was bouncing all over the place. I didn't see YOU anywhere.....:shake:

he was inside the speaker box in the blue room...WHERE HE USUALLY IS!!!:tongue: