Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Clubbers, Ravers, both??

You are correct, MUSIC is better. Personally I think the lineups need some diversity. I go to raves only when I want to see a certain DJ our if a group of friends are going. Same with clubs, I go for the music, Went to Exit hated it. Never been to factory+ I will make it one day. Arc/Vinyl I would go every week, but I make it to see Danny at least once a month.

I don't go to any clubs where you dress have to dress up or look nice. I go out to DANCE, and meet people. Inever get drees up to go out to a club, why would you, you go to a club to DANCE.

Rocksteady next time you come down to NYC, you need to go see DANNY T on a friday, at ARC you wont be dissappointed.

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

raves are much better than clubs for the most part, but they need to throw some 18+ parties to get a less kandi vibe IMHO

clubs are usally 3/4 - people there to score, drink, or fight 1/4 - music

raves its more 1/2 and 1/2

i went to exit once on a regular friday night...not only does tony draper suck balls and trainwrecked 10 times, but even tho the music in the red room was good, the dj had no talent at all. give me something real. he wasn't even beat matching. puh leez! music at raves are so much better. plus the music is louder. i couldnt even hear it at exit. are other clubs better?

LOL about kandi ravers. it seems like more people go to clubs to get fucked up though, even tho raves have a more diverse choice of drugs. (not that i do any)

I started out going to raves, but recently I've been going to alot more clubs. I hate the fact that alot of younger kids attend parties.. it totally sucks..thinking about it tho, i would love to attend another party, but these days all my friends are swayed by the club scene..

its so funny tho. b/c i'm such a bitter person at clubs-- i hate the dress code, and i'm always looking for a good vive whenever i am out. raves have it hands down-- the experience in and of itself is amazing.

either way tho, i'm out dancing, and in the end thats all that matters!!:D :D

Karimsa, housedog :laugh: can't agree more.

Originally posted by rocksteadyact

clubs are usally 3/4 - people there to score, drink, or fight 1/4 - music. raves its more 1/2 and 1/2

The picking up and drinking part is so true...fighting is an end-product. What ever happened to going out just for the music and for a good vibe? I still do. Parties use to be all for the music and all for the dancing. Kids didn't treat other kats like shit--they were actually <<shock>> nice and friendly! The last party I went to had an awwwwesome vibe and the people were all for the music...reminded me of why I like to stay w/the low-key, non-commerical parties. For clubs, I love arc.

hmm, Well i dont Understand the VIBe factor at Party's Cause i dont think i have seen a REAL Vibe at a party since maybe 96" it really All died then, i tihnk it actually died alot earlier, As for clubs, CLUBS 10-6 years ago would fucking blow away any RAVE" u have ever been to,

with "raves" i liked the Venue aspect, Dancing in a Abanded Church, a subway terminal, a warehouse, a Train Yard, THATS COOL, lol but party's today are at CLUBS, MOSTLY, and its like the same 20 Dj's at every party with the same 20 Headliners at Every party, i hear better music in the NY clubs then i do at any party nowaday's it use to be backwords but The party scene sucks NOW, as well does mos of the club scene, NY is very loungey, n small now, on a NY Scale

Sorry but i think VIBE is the shelter at 7am, on a sunday morning!

not 2500 fucked up kids screaming to Space girl,

?:rolleyes: oly

Originally posted by rocksteadyct

raves are much better than clubs for the most part, but they need to throw some 18+ parties to get a less kandi vibe IMHO

clubs are usally 3/4 - people there to score, drink, or fight 1/4 - music

raves its more 1/2 and 1/2

I agree 100%...

i'll go to clubs, raves, lounges... whatever... aslong as its going to be fun... but lately the club scene fell on its face and even when something good is booked, the night hasn't been that great anyway (IMO)...

I've never heard anyone say a rave had no "vibe"...

Originally posted by jaysea

with "raves" i liked the Venue aspect, Dancing in a Abanded Church, a subway terminal, a warehouse, a Train Yard, THATS COOL, lol but party's today are at CLUBS, MOSTLY, and its like the same 20 Dj's at every party with the same 20 Headliners at Every party

this is because the cops shut anything down before it starts if its not all paid up to the city... and as far as the same 20 djs... thats because people only come out for them... if they book smaller acts, a lot of times they lose money... its a shame...

Originally posted by joeg

this is because the cops shut anything down before it starts if its not all paid up to the city... and as far as the same 20 djs... thats because people only come out for them... if they book smaller acts, a lot of times they lose money... its a shame...

I've never heard anyone say a rave had no "vibe"...

:aright:

you are so right

hmm, Well i dont Understand the VIBe factor at Party's Cause i dont think i have seen a REAL Vibe at a party since maybe 96" it really All died then, i tihnk it actually died alot earlier, As for clubs, CLUBS 10-6 years ago would fucking blow away any RAVE" u have ever been to,

Dude, I know a real good therapist that can help you LET GO OF THE PAST!

want her number?

-iliana

:blank:

with "raves" i liked the Venue aspect, Dancing in a Abanded Church, a subway terminal, a warehouse, a Train Yard, THATS COOL, lol but party's today are at CLUBS, MOSTLY, and its like the same 20 Dj's at every party with the same 20 Headliners at Every party, i hear better music in the NY clubs then i do at any party nowaday's it use to be backwords but The party scene sucks NOW, as well does mos of the club scene, NY is very loungey, n small now, on a NY Scale

Sorry but i think VIBE is the shelter at 7am, on a sunday morning!

not 2500 fucked up kids screaming to Space girl,

?:rolleyes: oly

I personally prefer parties...but I will go a club if I like who's playing...

Ive been going out for MANY years (clubs & raves) ...& I can still find A REAL ViBE @ EVERY party I go to...

...if you go to any party with a positive attitude i guarantee you will see that this culture is still quite amazing even if the venues arent as "COOL" as they used to be... ;)

Can you go into detail on this? I grew up in Jersey too, I didnt have a need I wanted to go to a party(rave)

Originally posted by richiemarvisi

Yeah, what he said. Being that I grew up in Jersey right across the hudson, I never had a need to go to a rave.

Bitch,

i have let go of the past, i know of a lot of great thing to do now, and im having a blast, its just as far as party's go, i havent had fun at one since 97, except for Countdown 9, in CT

and i had a blast at Universe at speed, like 4-5 years ago, and LAst new years at Luna with paul johnson> best 3 hours of my life that party was, lol

oly

Bitch,

i have let go of the past, i know of a lot of great thing to do now, and im having a blast, its just as far as party's go, i havent had fun at one since 97, except for Countdown 9, in CT

and i had a blast at Universe at speed, like 4-5 years ago, and LAst new years at Luna with paul johnson> best 3 hours of my life that party was, lol

oly

For someone who knows "alot of great things to do now" and hasn't experienced fun since "97" is lost in denial and contradictions..don't you think?? :confused:

-iliana

:cool:

Originally posted by housedog

Can you go into detail on this? I grew up in Jersey too, I didnt have a need I wanted to go to a party(rave)

I grew up in the fort Lee area, so the city was literally right there and staring us in the face every day. I dont know where in Jersey youre from, but being that close leaves you with no desire to seek out many other venues besides NYC venues. Sure there were lots of house parties etc. around my way and to be truthful, I never really knew any ravers in my hood(Englewood Cliffs-Union City) The closest thing to a rave i ever went to was a party thrown in a wharehouse in Paterson. The crowd was your general mix from that area wich covered the spectrum, but no glowsticks or trance music.