Clubplanet Nightlife Community

hair experts

I have been using Thermasilk for a long time, and I need to switch shampoos, but I don't know of any other good, inexpensive ones. Can anyone recommend a good shampoo and conditioner for under $5 (I am very poor right now!)? My hair is very thick, coarse, color-treated and I heat style pretty often. I know this is a tall order, please help!

I usually share a more expensive shampoo w/ my mom that she buys from the salon, but sometimes I will use my brothers Pantene shampoo/conditioner & my hair feels so soft & nice after-Also, "Citre' Shine" shampoos & conditioners work very well...

Also,The VO5 hot oil hair treatments are only about $8 for 2 and work wonders!! So even if u aren't giving your hair constant nourishment, put one in about every now & then- they will def. revive ur hair!

• 2 weeks later...

ooooh there is this really nice one that was released in the states recently (previously only available in Europe).

it's called Garnier, very bright green bottle. it goes for under $5 -- smells good and lots of cosmetics people are raving about it. ;)

Originally posted by kitty19

ooooh there is this really nice one that was released in the states recently (previously only available in Europe).

it's called Garnier, very bright green bottle. it goes for under $5 -- smells good and lots of cosmetics people are raving about it. ;)

lol on today's daily candy? ;)

Originally posted by spinsaikel

keep in mind that pantene isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Especially for people with coarse hair.

Pantene works very well for me- I have thick, dry, curly hair. Then again, I never use a blow-dryer or anything like that.

I also like Herbal Essences, the original one, not the Fruit Fusions or what have you.

Shampoo is not something that I can go very cheap with. I use pantene smooth and sleek (the green one) and nothing else will work on my hair. That crap gets very expensive when you go through it as fast as I do since my locks are pretty long. I have tried using all those other cheaper shampoos and conditioners, but i am sorry to say that most are very crappy. They do not seem to clean my hair or condition it well. :( However, every single person's hair reacts differently to a shampoo so you may want to try the cheap stuff... it might be worth it

only pantene keeps my hair looking like jennifer aniston's:D

Originally posted by spinsaikel

keep in mind that pantene isn't all that it's cracked up to be. Especially for people with coarse hair.

.....u r 100% correct........i'm a stylist......and i will tell u....next to like prell and that other old school shit......pantene is pretty much the worst shampoo u can use.......while u may see some shiney immediate effects........it is very high in alcohol and extrememly damaging.................also.........if u have color treated hair.....i'd lay off the herbal essence as well

Originally posted by misk

...it is very high in alcohol and extrememly damaging.................also.........if u have color treated hair.....i'd lay off the herbal essence as well

:confused:

shampoos that say "color treated" dont work? what is good for color treated hair?