Clubplanet Nightlife Community

groovejet reunion - this friday @ Nerve

jcbliss

In late 1994, a new dance club opened on the north side of South Beach. It's name was Groove Jet, and for over five years pioneered the nightlife environment with ground-breaking music acts, the best local resident DJs, an incredible staff, and most important the family of loyal supporters. Week in and week out the masses flocked to what was dubbed "The Only Club That Matters!", and for many the magic has not been experienced since...

For all you Groove Girls and Boy Toys, Laid Back Locals, Alternative Partiers, and everyone in between... We invite you to the family gathering...

Groove Jet...The Reunion

@

NERVE

With original resident DJs

Carlos Menedez . Carmel Ophir

LUIS DIAZ

and

Jon Cowan

NERVE

247 23rd Street

Miami Beach

305-695-8697

this night is going to be off the hook! we have all the old bar staff, all the old faces and all the old tunes.. lets take a stroll down memory lane and support us this friday at Nerve for GROOVEJET - jagor anybody?? LOL

Originally posted by absolutv

but he spun groove jet often. right?

not very often at all... on the very rare occasion he would cover for luis or I but thats about it... great dj though - too bad he stopped playing out... the man was wicked back in the day..

Not everyone will be there. Keith Glascoe, bouncer at many NYC bars and nightclubs, spent some time down here in Miami Beach around 96-97 and worked at GrooveJet. I remember because he always let me in when I knew no one there on my visits to SoBe. One of the nicest guys you ever met. Friendly to EVERYONE.

Keith was also a NYC firefighter who gave his life to save others during the World Trade Center attack on 9/11/01. Please raise a glass to him at your reunion. Thank you.

Memorial Page

Originally posted by phrankadelic

that he was. keyword being was.

easy there! if bruce was still djing, he'd be a top contender, rest assured. the man is still doing it up for us djs here, making sure we get our records over @ grooveman. a little respect por favor. and, he did play @ groovejet a thousand and one times.

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

The old groovejeters are not as kewl as they used to be.

Old_Folks_at_IBC.JPG

come on - we're all getting older but we're not that old yet.. LOL - remember the days with bruce, greg, and all the old faithfulls? should be fun this friday.. can't wait to hang and reminise..

:confused: jon, whetever happened to luis diaz? i hold this man responsible along with yourself and several of the other groovejet residents responsible for making me look as skinny as a totempole and having foot pain every sunday morning after a saturday night @ groovejet.

what kind've music is luis spinning now? why is he no longer part of balance? i have many questions....sorry.

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

The old groovejeters are not as kewl as they used to be.

Old_Folks_at_IBC.JPG

GA2 ... you are funny as hell dude ... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Btw ... LMAO at your avatar ... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Friday should be looooooooooots of fun ... Luis Diaz is one of Miami's favorite ... since the days of Groovejet and later at Crobar ... :D

and Carmel?? Woot! ... :eek:

Will Richie be working the door @ Nerve on friday? I'm assuming he is and I certainly hope so.

Jon, would that be the 3 part tape with Sasha, John Digweed and Jimmy van Malleghem during conferece of 1999? If so, it is defenitely a wicked little series. I must drop down to CD soon and fix it up.... any chance of dubbing me a copy of that live Slacker set? I would love it..

I'll vote for Bruce to drop down some choonage on friday.. why the fuck not? and Greg too

I will be in full force on friday...

luis diaz is doing his thing in nyc. last i spoke w/ him, he's was going to work in the studio and pump out some new material.

have fun guys...

remember the old groove jet anthems?

witch doctor

heartbeat

god made me phunky

Originally posted by digital7

I'll vote for Bruce to drop down some choonage on friday.. why the fuck not? and Greg too

although i was a resident at groovejet before it was groovejet (the caves...yeah, i'm old school!), and promoted & DJed a night @ groovejet, i haven't been "invited" to the reunion (bitter, party of one!). seriously though, it'll be a great night. however, i think both bruce and i will probably be on our xboxes gaming away in our joint rooms at the old folks home ;) enjoy!

groovejet.jpg