Clubplanet Nightlife Community

We Need Roxy Fridays Back

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by nychunk

I would give an arm and a leg to bring back roxy fridays. That places was like my freggin fri night hangout spot. I loved it... Towards the end i stopped looking at roxy like a club and more of like a fri night home,i swear.

did you have to hang up your aviator sunglasses, cutoff FCUK shirt, and diesel kicks?

The few times wento SEXY at the ROXY last yr was nothing big as you guys make it scene. All i saw were 18yr old guys with SUNGLASSES spiky hairs who all dance the same wearing the same labels and all looking the same. And thier girls who dance like guys but look DELICIOUS but have attitudes. I dont iunderstand why some people bash DJ MIKE RIZZO cause wasnt he a DJ thier on fridays? And even one night when i heard him an JOHNNY VICIOUS together i was somewhat dissapointed in mR VICIOUS. What was so good about ROXY on fridays i have no clue. BUt this just goes to show you some people liked ROXYS while i liked WEBSTERHALL sat nights ater all this time. Mind you each person has thier own personal taste. Dont get me wrong im not trying to diss anything but i just feel like EVERYBODY IN SEXY AT THE ROXY really looked the same. WOW it aslike a room full of freaking MIRRORS everytime i was there. But i do admit feeling the energy and vibe thier. But of course nothing comepares to BE YOURSELF FRIDAYS baby.

absolutely incredible how much people miss that party..its amazing that wherever i go I see people that have made me feel good about the party and have expressed to me that they wish it was back..that it was one of the friendliest scenes in ny at the time..that they didn't appreciate it until it was over..and that the whole scene sucks right now. So guess what..the roxy also reads these boards and I got a call from scott about doing it again for a night in july..and if it packs out...who knows..It would be great to see the roxy stage crew back in full effect..sexy dee, mike bugout, larry, ronin, nychunk, joe diesel and everyone else who came and had a good time..your opinions are valued and the

proof is that the roxy wants to do this one night again..and like I said..if its successful which I think it will be...who knows..what do you think?

Originally posted by silverbull

The few times wento SEXY at the ROXY last yr was nothing big as you guys make it scene. All i saw were 18yr old guys with SUNGLASSES spiky hairs who all dance the same wearing the same labels and all looking the same. And thier girls who dance like guys but look DELICIOUS but have attitudes. I dont iunderstand why some people bash DJ MIKE RIZZO cause wasnt he a DJ thier on fridays? And even one night when i heard him an JOHNNY VICIOUS together i was somewhat dissapointed in mR VICIOUS. What was so good about ROXY on fridays i have no clue. BUt this just goes to show you some people liked ROXYS while i liked WEBSTERHALL sat nights ater all this time. Mind you each person has thier own personal taste. Dont get me wrong im not trying to diss anything but i just feel like EVERYBODY IN SEXY AT THE ROXY really looked the same. WOW it aslike a room full of freaking MIRRORS everytime i was there. But i do admit feeling the energy and vibe thier. But of course nothing comepares to BE YOURSELF FRIDAYS baby.

what was it about the sexy at the roxy party that made it special..

what we tried to do was build a night around hospitality, friendships, good music and just plain ol fun. with respect to every other venue..we did not try to compete with anyone..be yourself we supported..our vip members were given a discounted admission when they presented their card..it wasn't about what you think..we perhaps were a little commercial and maybe thats one reason the crowd was also very attractive. we never pretended to be cutting edge..even though we brought in johnny vicious,

sandra collins, bad boy bill, ferry corstein, armin van buren, sasha, carl cox,

d-fuse, tall paul, guy ornadel, derb and many other guest dj's, we also had deborah cox, amber, tina ann, dee roberts, iio, kim sozzi

jessica folker, dirty vegas and many many more vocal track acts as well. plus we also had theme nights which were a lot of fun..but during the year we were at the roxy we developed many relationships with people that became friendships even after the party ended..so when you read about how people miss the party and wished it was back..I hope now, you might have a little more understanding about what it mean't to some people and to myself and my partners....

Originally posted by BobG

absolutely incredible how much people miss that party..its amazing that wherever i go I see people that have made me feel good about the party and have expressed to me that they wish it was back..that it was one of the friendliest scenes in ny at the time..that they didn't appreciate it until it was over..and that the whole scene sucks right now. So guess what..the roxy also reads these boards and I got a call from scott about doing it again for a night in july..and if it packs out...who knows..It would be great to see the roxy stage crew back in full effect..sexy dee, mike bugout, larry, ronin, nychunk, joe diesel and everyone else who came and had a good time..your opinions are valued and the

proof is that the roxy wants to do this one night again..and like I said..if its successful which I think it will be...who knows..what do you think?

cmon BobG, make this happen.....it will def by far be the best fri party as it was last year. Sexy @ the Roxy once again!!!!:party::dj::beer:

come thru for us!!