Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What are you listening to right now?

Guest brwneydtrouble

Originally posted by fliptoniaaa

Yall might not know about that....but i know all about it...i was a big student of the afro cuban tunes...as a matter of fact i have played with arturo....not with paquito but ive met him....irakere all the way....los munequitos r also the shit...and as for current timba sounds...LA charanga habanera freakin rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its good to see some other music make it on to these threads!!!!

\

variety is the key to life!

Yall might not know about that....but i know all about it...i was a big student of the afro cuban tunes...as a matter of fact i have played with arturo....not with paquito but ive met him

i saw Paquito at FIU when i was taking Intro into Jazz...he blew my mind away and infact he opened my mind to Jazz (which i still listen to today)...very very good muscian...how about Cachao (sp?)

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

i saw Paquito at FIU when i was taking Intro into Jazz...he blew my mind away and infact he opened my mind to Jazz (which i still listen to today)...very very good muscian...how about Cachao (sp?)

ive met him too.....i was very deep into jazz...played all over the place...with all types of people!!!!!!!!!!! Jazz rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah thats what i think makes fiu the better music school at least in jazz over u.m....even though i went to u.m. for a semester...but they dont lag to far behind.

and for the spanish lovers a suggestion...if u havent heard vocal sampling get to it...these guys r amazing...and live they blow u away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blown:

Yall might not know about that....but i know all about it...i was a big student of the afro cuban tunes...as a matter of fact i have played with arturo....not with paquito but ive met him....irakere all the way....los munequitos r also the shit...and as for current timba sounds...LA charanga habanera freakin rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!

La Charanga Habanera rocks! ....gotta love that tune "La Temba". :hat:

hey wait a second.....

I wasn't kidding when I posted what I was listening to...

I am a huge fan of Afro-Cuban music and know ALL about it...as a matter of fact it is my favorite music to listen to..

in my opinion it is GENIUS!!!

Munequitos are the shit!

Vocal Sampling is the shit!

Celeste Mendoza, Mongo Santamaria, Los Papines, Tata Guines!

GUAGUANCO!!!!!

:D

Originally posted by djoscarg

hey wait a second.....

I am a huge fan of Afro-Cuban music and know ALL about it...as a matter of fact it is my favorite music to listen to..

Munequitos are the shit!

GUAGUANCO!!!!!

U r correct...but u have to see vocal sampling live...they r freakin AMAZING... Alot of my style comes from mongo santamaria...i used to try to play like him when i was learning...i have a couple of videos of a concert he was in anf fania and gran combo in the 70's its good its like a documentary of where salsa and latin jazz came from....very good documantary

originally posted by laliux

La Charanga Habanera rocks! ....gotta love that tune "La Temba".

If u listen to all there albums all there songs drive...they kick ass...

So does manolito y su trabuco...and then of course u have they very well established los van van...cant ever go wrong with them...there like the led zepellin of cuban salsa

Originally posted by djoscarg

hey wait a second.....

Munequitos are the shit!

GUAGUANCO!!!!!

Now we're talking!!!! Hey Oscar, I got some CD's at home you might like...maybe I might bring them by tonight!!!

I LOOOOOOVE MUSICAL DIVERSITY!!!!

Originally posted by cheekeetika

Now we're talking!!!! Hey Oscar, I got some CD's at home you might like...maybe I might bring them by tonight!!!

I LOOOOOOVE MUSICAL DIVERSITY!!!!

u got cds maria...u know that no one on this planet has more cuban music than me

U r correct...but u have to see vocal sampling live...they r freakin AMAZING... Alot of my style comes from mongo santamaria...i used to try to play like him when i was learning...i have a couple of videos of a concert he was in anf fania and gran combo in the 70's its good its like a documentary of where salsa and latin jazz came from....very good documantary

If u listen to all there albums all there songs drive...they kick ass...

So does manolito y su trabuco...and then of course u have they very well established los van van...cant ever go wrong with them...there like the led zepellin of cuban salsa

I can believe you guys are into that kind of stuff. That’s very interesting.

If you really are in to Cuban Salsa and Latin Jazz try some of this:

Irakere, if you find it, try the old Irakere with Arturo, Paquito, Chucho Valdes.

La Charanga Habanera, they'll make you dance no matter what.

NG la Banda( La que manda) You got a love their arrangements and the metal chord, don’t listen to the Lyrics though.

Havana Sax, they played in Miami back in Feb.

Sampling, just insane, they started a la Manhattan Transfer's style but now, they sound just like a band doing the instruments with their own voices.

And lif you want to know where the Salsa is coming from; try BENNY MORE, el sonero mayor.

Guest brwneydtrouble

Thats awesome guys, any time I hear musi like that it makes me want to dance...I can't sit still! Same thing with Brazilian Kazz. I used to go to Van Dyks on Sunday nights when I lived on the beach to listen to the live brazilian band and dance. I was supposed to go to FIU for dance but I ended up moving away my sophmore year, not its too late. I REALLY need to find a partner to dance with me.... any volunteers? Lemme see a show of hands of guys that know how to partner and dance.........

:clap2:

Originally posted by ernextnation

I can believe you guys are into that kind of stuff. That’s very interesting.

If you really are in to Cuban Salsa and Latin Jazz try some of this:

Irakere, if you find it, try the old Irakere with Arturo, Paquito, Chucho Valdes.

La Charanga Habanera, they'll make you dance no matter what.

NG la Banda( La que manda) You got a love their arrangements and the metal chord, don’t listen to the Lyrics though.

Havana Sax, they played in Miami back in Feb.

Sampling, just insane, they started a la Manhattan Transfer's style but now, they sound just like a band doing the instruments with their own voices.

And lif you want to know where the Salsa is coming from; try BENNY MORE, el sonero mayor.

I saw an amazing tribute to BENNY MORE at the Fountainblu a couple of weeks ago by some very talented musicians. Essentially this was the first time I heard this music and I had a blast. I will gladly go back again. :)

Originally posted by brwneydtrouble

Lemme see a show of hands of guys that know how to partner and dance.........

:clap2:

Flip and I used to teach Salsa Dancing. Back in the day we used to go to Starfish every Friday night for "Strictly Salsa." Some of the best dancers in Miami would go. I miss it :( .

If anyone wants to team up w/ Ms. Trouble and wants to learn how to dance salsa, we can hook you up ;) .