Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The best set you've ever heard...

danny tenaglia @ tunnel, right after pete pete got acquitted and he played a special mix for the night: "the jury didn't buy it"

richie hawtin @ limelight, hanging out in the dj booth for 2 hours... later i found out my friend asked her friend "is that another dj coming on?" to which they replied "no, that's rob!"

erick morillo first time i heard him on the terrace @ space. he's all bopping around and so is everyone else.

infusion @ long night out @ level this year or centrofly (also this year... the first time they were ok, but not great...)

way out west at GKGG, with the live vocalist. i only wish the dj booth wasn't in the way so i could see.

Lab4 at GKGG. those fuckers aren't going to be at dancevalley this year and i'm PISSED OFF!

best dj sets at dancevalley (2000, 2001, 2002): sander k., michel de hey mainstage 2002, yoji biomehanika hard dance stage 2002 (when he dropped prodigy - out of space), marco carola 2001, carl cox headlining 2000, especially that bassdrop during the encore.

chris leibing @ tronic. adam beyer on the boat. vath/hawtin.

basically every weekend i happened to be at twilo.

pvd $10 @ arc - he was ON.

Way Out West featuring Kristy Hawkshaw (sp?), GKGG 2002

Sven Vath back in 2002 at vinyl....i think it was in february (gene lefosse opened for him)

john digweed at GKGG 2002

Carl Cox at Fabric, 10/30/01

Sister Bliss at Turnmills, 11/23/01

Deep Dish at Vinyl, mid-march 2002

Danny Howells at Vinyl, February 2002

Mistress Barbara at Sullivan Room last month

:grin:

well i dont have a particular favorite but these are up there with many more that i wont list...they also vary for certain reasons too...sometimes the energy the DJ has made it a good set for one but wouldnt have been good for another...sometimes the crowd, sometimes the music...also some i was there for and some i wasnt

1. Smokin Jo- We Love Sundays at Space, Ibiza 7/28/02 (was there)

2. Steve Lawler- Vinyl 5/4/02 (was there)

3 Darren Emerson and Tim Deluxe- Nerve, Miami WMC 3/20/03 (was there)

4. Paul van Dyk- Twilo 9/8/00 (was there...unfuckinbelievable)

5. Ferry Corsten- Judgment Sundays at Eden (Ibiza) 7/28/02 (the night of the Smokin Jo set at Space...it was the best clubbing day i ever had)

6. Paul Oakenfold- World 8/19/01 (was there)

7. Paul Oakenfold- Shadow Lounge Essential Mix (99)...(wasnt there)

8. Steve Lawler- Nerve, Miami WMC 3/2203 (was only there for an hour but it may have been the best hour of live music ive ever heard)

9. Paul van Dyk- Roxy (whenever he spun there the first time...i think it was September of 2002)..(was there)

10. Balance Promote party- Billboard Live, Miami WMC 3/20/02...sickest line-up of progressive, tribal DJs EVERRRR...Lawler, Pappa, Burridge, Warren, Kleinenberg, Seaman, etc, etc...(was there)

Ive also had plenty of other great nights that i can list but these are good...plenty of nights at Centro Fly were awesome...plenty of nights in Miami and every night in Ibiza were sick too

Paul Van Dyk - TWILO when he spun till like 10:30 am was about to leave all the lights on he had his coat on then he came back and ripped two mroe records endign with for angel and then threw it in the crowed..........was fuckin AMAZING

then John Digweed - twilo when sasha was supposed to return and didnt, the same night of the fire......being in that mayhem out on the street then coming back in and going insane with digweed was simply amazing!!!!!!!

[Wow you were there? I always try to find people who went. N He worked that mix all night, But the beginning was great. "We the jury find Peter Gatien Not guilty" He is a freee man. That was a great night

QUOTE]Originally posted by dialectics

danny tenaglia @ tunnel, right after pete pete got acquitted and he played a special mix for the night: "the jury didn't buy it"

This is going wayyyyy.... back. Everytime I hear some old school (pretty much lost the taste for hearing it in clubs... on the radio it's aaaaight) there's one memorable moment that always surfaces.

More than 10 years ago, a guy u may remember named Scott Blackwell had "no way back" from adonis..."change on me acapella" by Cynthia and "u used to hold me" by Ralphi Rosario all going at the same time at 1018 in NYC. He keep going in and out of all three at the same time for about 10 min....it was unreal! At the time, my friend and I got in front of the booth and just starting bowing....un*#*#ing forgettable!

HSP

Friday, June 27th...what da @#*!

www.hotspotpromos.com/contest

Anyone out there seen this Danny Tenaglia vs. Danny Howells bootleg from Arc. I have a copy of it and it is "supposed" to be the 2 of them. Anyway, the CD is WICKED, and really does sound like it could be the 2 of them. Just some "typical" tracks on it. Anyway, whoever mixed it, it is a WICKED disc. Just wanted to know if anyone else has seen it floating around?

Cheers,

EvanScott

This sounds hot I wish I heard that, I love freestyle

Originally posted by hotspotpromos

This is going wayyyyy.... back. Everytime I hear some old school (pretty much lost the taste for hearing it in clubs... on the radio it's aaaaight) there's one memorable moment that always surfaces.

More than 10 years ago, a guy u may remember named Scott Blackwell had "no way back" from adonis..."change on me acapella" by Cynthia and "u used to hold me" by Ralphi Rosario all going at the same time at 1018 in NYC. He keep going in and out of all three at the same time for about 10 min....it was unreal! At the time, my friend and I got in front of the booth and just starting bowing....un*#*#ing forgettable!

HSP

Friday, June 27th...what da @#*!

www.hotspotpromos.com/contest

I never heard about this or seen it, but I am wondering if you can burn me a copy?

PM me

thanks

Originally posted by evanscott-syd-

Anyone out there seen this Danny Tenaglia vs. Danny Howells bootleg from Arc. I have a copy of it and it is "supposed" to be the 2 of them. Anyway, the CD is WICKED, and really does sound like it could be the 2 of them. Just some "typical" tracks on it. Anyway, whoever mixed it, it is a WICKED disc. Just wanted to know if anyone else has seen it floating around?

Cheers,

EvanScott

Originally posted by evanscott-syd-

Cheers,

EvanScott

all i know is that nite they had DT vs. DH it was Dh for like 5 hrs, and then DT came on to finish out the nite/morning. there was no "vs." to it, no tagteaming. if thid cd ur talkin aboput really is a bootleg from that nite, its only gonna be one of them, cuz they didnt spin together

Gabriel & Dresden Essential Mix.

Tiesto - Magik 5

Every single ASOT w/AVB

Tsettos @ Carbon

Scot Project @ Exit(Though it was exit, project's set was unreal)

Tiesto's Set @ Ultra

Oscar G @ Space

Jason Ojeda @ Shellborne Pool Party

These are the sets that i had the most fun at and were very good sets imo