Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I'm going to Dance Valley!

Just got all the details all set! Heading to Amsterdam, August 2nd for Dance Valley!

Look at this line-up:

The line up for Dance Valley 2003 has finally been announced, as UDC tells exactly what will be on offer on Saturday 2nd August…

16 Arenas, approximately 150 DJs and 10 live acts, over 12 hours of party. The best of the best in dance from the last few years will be showcased at Spaarnwoude, with more variety and quality in one place, at one time, than ever before. As well as this, Dance Valley will be integrating its support for new talent and musical styles into the festival.

This year will be the 9th Edition of this massive festival, which, with a great deal of support from the public, has become known as one of the most cutting edge dance festivals in the world. This year there will be an extra open air stage, as we compliment the Main Stage and the Hard Dance stage with a Global Stage, hosted by none other than Carl Cox himself.

Among the performers on the Main Stage will be Tiësto, Armin van Buuren, Junkie XL live, Sister Bliss, Marco V, Laidback Luke and Bad Boy Bill. For the Global Stage, Carl has assembled an international line up that is positively untouchable, and includes among others Derrick May, Monika Kruse, Kevin Saunderson, Michel de Hey and Renato Cohen, as well as Carl Cox, needless to say. On the Hard Dance stage Yoji Biomehanika, Tom Harding and Dana will be united on the same stage for the first time in history, along side the likes of Lisa Lashes, JP, S.H.O.K.K. and the Organ Donors.

As well as the 3 open air stages there are 13 independent arenas, including “Bedrock vs. Excession” hosted by Sasha and John Digweed, who will be performing together for the first time in Dutch history. The Impulz Arena plays host to the likes of Ferry Corsten, Don Diablo, Cor Fijneman, Jean, Astrid and Misja Helsloot, while the Concept Arena is headlined by Umek, with support from local talents like Montana, Erick E, Tom de Neef and more. Not to forget legendary drum n bass DJ / Producer Roni Size will be headlining the Ultimate Breaks Arena !! Further to this you can expect to find Arenas hosted by Pin Up, Loveland, Electronation, The Happy Tribe, Batbeats and much more.

The complete line up:

Main Stage

Tiësto, Sister Bliss, Junkie XL (live), Marco V, Armin van Buuren, Bad Boy Bill, Johan Gielen, Laidback Luke, Nick K, Marcella.

Global Stage:

Carl Cox, Michel de Hey, Derrick May vs Kevin Saunderson, Monika Kruse, Jack de Marseille, Renato Cohen, Secret Cinema (live), Shinedoe, Will Grant.

Hard Dance Stage:

Yoji Biomehanika, Dana, Tom Harding, JP, Derb vs Scot Project, Organ Donors (live) S.H.O.K.K., Steve Hill, Lisa Lashes, Andy Farley, Dave Randall, Rossi vs Danny D.

Bedrock vs Excession Arena:

Sasha & John Digweed, Jimmy van M, Sander Kleinenberg, Chris Fortier, Hybrid (live), James Zabiela, Fred Numf, Per, Jonathan Lisle.

Loveland Arena:

Deep Dish, Vitalic (live), Sebastien Leger, Remy, Nicolas Vallee (live), Kiko, Marnix, Brian S, Behrouz, Godard, Roog.

Impulz Arena:

Ferry Corsten, Cor Fijneman, Jean, Don Diablo, Astrid, Misja Helsloot, 303F (live), Jurgen, Johan Cyber, On The Wire (live), Ton TB.

Batbeats:

Snowboy (live), Truby Trio, Bossa Tres Jazz Featuring: Tom & Joyce (live) / Yellow / Gregory,

Cassie6, Svendex, D-Rashid featuring Andrei Russo.

Concept Arena:

Filterheadz (live), Umek, Erick E, Angelo, Dimitri, Tom de Neef, 100% Isis, Lucien Foort, Victor Coral, Montana, Benny Rodriguez, MC Lanesra.

Ultimate Breaks Area:

Roni Size, Drummatic Twins, Ellis Dee, Freq Nasty, L Dopa, Mad Ed, Dab, L-Ende.

Electro Area:

John Selway, Kagami, Chicken Lips, Terry Toner (live), Terry Toner vs Herr Arter, Whiplash, Dion.

Timeless Area:

Chuckie, Kid, Orlando, Real el Canario, Frank, Otmar, Irwan, MC Pryme & MC Murth The Man-O-Script.

Pin Up Area:

Joost van Bellen, Javier Navines, David Mas, Kareem Raihani, Cesar Lores, MarySol, Prinz, Alex Arnout, Toni Bass.

UDC Member Area:

Dazzle, Mark van Dale, Jess-y-Lin, Hoes Junior, Jeff Bounce, Jair, Jonas Braun, Kaufman, Pedro, Moreland, Roger Stock.

Chill on the Hill:

Lenny Ibizarre, Ambient Daan, Camiel (live), Odd Bod, Artefact (live), Ekanta, Mind, Tommy. Entrance Area: Matthew Deekay, Dame, Alan Luna, Barth Hendrix.

Namaste TeePee Village:

Satyr & Shaktycat, Zen, Vacio, Hepcat, Bass80, La Nebuleuse, Danyel, Fatman, E-Fans.

DaVe: Dancevalley meetup?

They usually have a little balloon that can be seen from most of the festival ground that makes a convenient meetup point. its usually right near the internet stations with webcams, so you can send pictures back home saying "i'm at dancevalley and youre not".

alls we need to do is find a time in the lineup where there aren't 4 djs we all want to see :)

erick, hope to see ya there... what did you decide about the netherlands?

peaz,

rob

Originally posted by dialectics

erick, hope to see ya there... what did you decide about the netherlands?

i'm not going....ernst and young were only paying $650 a month...i can barely make rent with that

i just found out this morning. dance valley is probably not happening for me. :(

bastards you should sue. yeah i was going to do eindhoven for the summer but they only paid about $600/mo - because ms and phd students in the netherlands have to do an internship as part of their program, so they don't need to pay expensive coders like me.... dammit.

hate to turn it into Amsterdam vacation thread but ....

I am planning to visit Amsterdam on my upcoming trip around EU.

I am having a hard time finding a cheap place to stay.

You guys got some recommendations?

thanks

PS: you can PM me with details

Originally posted by DaVe

Just got all the details all set! Heading to Amsterdam, August 2nd for Dance Valley!

I will be in Amsterdam 3 days later...I have to miss Dance Valley cuz my boyfriend's brother is getting married that day.... :mad:

but we are taking the train from Amster. & going to the Sun Moon Stars Festival in Germany :D :D :D :D

keep in mind : you can bring a bag of weed without any problem , just show it to security !! (he he its a shock after New York:)) i saw this people doing on SHOCKERS party in Amsterdam

If its your first party in Europe ---that will be one of the greatest experiences in your life , those dutch DJ's know how to keep people on a dance floor!!!

enjoy!!!!

you can do great searching here: http://www.bookings.nl - i've used them for the past 3 years and they were great. you can see the maps of everything.

flying pig is DIRT CHEAP, although it is dorm style accomodations (e.g. you are sleeping in the same room with 8 strangers). you can book there frmo flyingpig.nl - a lot of people swear by it. the bulldog also has cheap dorm-style beds.

it is hard to find cheap accomodations because of that fucking moron who continues to pour billions into the pockets of his friends, while the dollar grows weaker. the dollar/euro used to be about 1:1, now its .85 euro to the dollar. in other words, this is the worst possible time to be in europe.

my advice on location:

i like to stay in the leidseplein or museumseplein area... its a little out of the way (about a 20-25min walk from centraal station) but it is quiter, a little cheaper, and a bit out of the way. most of central amsterdam is not safe to walk around after 2-3am, and all of the coffeeshops are closed at around that time, although the dolphins is open 1hr later (close by our 2nd year hotel, de la haye, which was great although the staircase is way too steep to walk up when you're on mushrooms). and also there is vondelpark nearby, which is the only park in amsterdam (and up until recently, the entire world) that you are legally allowed to smoke in. you can stay there prety late and still feel really safe.

if you want to be around where the action is, then most definitely stay close to the inner circle... amsterdam is 4 concentric circles. first there is the circle between centraal station and dam square, which is where most of the tourists are, and also the red light district. then there is the circle between centraal station and the bottom of Rokin. again still tourists and a good area to shop and walk around. Don't forget to check out de rokereij. then there is the circle between centraal station and the leidseplein. when you get out here, it is more residential, and where a lot of the work in amsterdam gets done. here there are great shops that the locals will go to, and also the flower market. it is much quieter here. until you get to the bottom, then there is the leidseplein, which is where all of the resturants and bars and outdoor cafes are. continue on to the 4th circle and you have vondelpark and the museumseplein, the heineken brewery, etc.

if you're desperate the VVV in centraal station or right across the street from there can help you find a hostel once you're there, but you will pay more and probably not get a location within amsterdam proper, and have to take a bus.

also, ask to make sure the hotel you're staying at is a smoking room if you want to smoke in your room. we chose to specifically take a non-smoking room, because hell - we're in amsterdam, why should we stay in our hotel??????

our first year we stayed outside of town, which was a pain in the ass because we had to be home by midnight every night or else it would cost $20 for a taxi. the 2nd year we stayed at De la Haye, which was very cheap, but a 4th floor walkup (in europe that really means we have to walk up 5 flights, since the lobby doesn't count as a floor!). de la haye aws in the perfect neighborhood, right by the dolphins so we ended up smoking there every night before bed. it was very quiet and residential though, so don't go screaming and yelling, etc. last year we stayed at hotel janson, in a sweet triple room with our own private balcony. it was in the museumseplein, and a little hard to find (since the street was not on the map we had) but once we figured out the tram system it was perfect - 5min to the city center! then we stayed at the torenzicht, right in the heart of the red light district. you could stare out your window and watch the girls in the windows doing their thing. it was a little seedy, but close to everything so that was cool. ok, a lot seedy.

this year we're staying right between the museumseplein and vondelpark - perfect for smoking after dark with the hippies.

oh well i could talk about amsterdam for days.