Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who will be the new "King Of The Space Patio"?

spacious

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I think Markus would be a good choice for the patio.

I've seen him make people cry as the sun went down in San Antonio town in Ibiza and I've seen him rock an 8 hour a night residency in Arizona for 7 years. I've seen him dj for just about every crowd imaginable...from small clubs to major festivals and I've seen the smiles on peoples faces during his sets.

The thing about Markus is he takes you on a journey. He dosen't play the same groove for 8 hours. He'll lift you up and bring you back down and if the mood is right take you on a nostalgic ride.

I don't think Markus has truely had the opportunity here in Miami to really show his talent.

And as far as trance on the patio is concerned, I agree, however there are many songs that fit the open air morning on the patio perfectly:

Eclipse - Little Wonders (Fictivision and C-Quence remix)

North Pole - Solid Globe

Solarstone - Solarcoaster

Tell me that if you heard one of these songs on a beautiful sunday morning on the patio mixed properly in a set you wouldn't melt?

I agree it should be Markus Schulz. Plus he is very marketable and LP would get the benefit of his huge local and international fan base from his radio show.

Originally posted by xxgrooveericxx

Markus Schulz spins progressive, not trance.

Now with that out of the way, Markus would be an excellent choice for the patio. Roland and OG would my 2nd and 3rd choice, not in that particular order.

An old saying goes you suck one dick and you're a cocksucker for life.......same should be said about anyone that drops a trance record.......you drop one and you're a trance dj for life!

Sorry guys but I think it's time to bring back the originator of the afterhours set: Stryke....with all this talk about this party coming back to the Edge it brings back all my fond memories of Jnco's, Nike's, and Bucket hats. Before afterhours was what it is now, Stryke used to Rip the turntables up starting @ 4AM till the weeeee hours in the morning. Remember the sounds of Duran Durans "Save it to the morning after" signaling the end of another great night and day @ one of the most legnedary clubs in S. Florida scene history. Where was electronic music before The Edge?????? You might of found it in pockets here and there but honestly where was electronic music in S. Florida before The Edge and Strke. Do any of you remember the mobs that would form to get in to that place. I've always said if it ain't broke dont fix it, and you know what.......... I never recall it breaking. Greg you got my vote.

THE END

Originally posted by lyrik

An old saying goes you suck one dick and you're a cocksucker for life.......same should be said about anyone that drops a trance record.......you drop one and you're a trance dj for life!

whatever you say :blown:

Originally posted by georgeacasta2

TRANCE ON THE PATIO!

TRANCE ON THE PATIO!

TRANCE ON THE PATIO!

TRANCE ON THE PATIO!

TRANCE ON THE PATIO!

TRANCE ON THE PATIO!

TRANCE ON THE PATIO!

TRANCE ON THE PATIO!

TRANCE ON THE PATIO!

:laugh: :laugh: u know u want it !!:laugh: :laugh:

Ouch! My eyes are killing me. I have read every single post so far...even Saleen's (ouch / ouch). Keep it coming. I will be up all night. So far Markus Schultz is putting up a good fight. Oscar? Markus? Oscar? Markus? Oprah? Uma? ...Roland? Jimmy? Fuck it... let's go take a poll. Call up all your friends I am taking a poll. Go to my new post and vote.

LP

being that im such a expert at running a mutli million dollar nightclub..

the more ive been thinking about it..i think that with the cheese gone..this should be Roly's chance to shine..but with a maybe a guest sunrise session patio DJ every month..and really change it up...YES! maybe a OG patio set or a Shulz patio set, a Tiesto patio set, or a PVD patio set...just to make it interesting...shake things up a bit...

i still maintain that the main room should be marketed as TWO DIFFERENT venues with 2 different DJs.....one from 10-5 or 6 and then afterhours...i really believe that the afterhours brings in a different crowd..

There is surely enough talent in South/Central Florida to fulfill Spaces' patio needs. Having someone like Howells there every week? I'd imagine that would cost you an arm and a leg (probably both legs).

As far as names that will pull people go though, guess you've gotta go with your locals who people actually know (oscar/stryke/etc). I'm not too keen on just who the typical miami clubber knows but personally having lived in Tampa and Orlando the only local dj's people here know are the funky breaks clowns You guys really dont know how good you have it in Miami -- the guy who runs your biggest club down there doesnt have these type of shitty djs as residents. That in itself is just amazing to me considering how things here in Central Florida are run, where everything is either hip-hop, years old stale funky breaks, or played out cheesy radio crap.

From what I've heard of Oscar, Greg, and Roland... You've got a tough call. Seeing Stryke in the Main room about 2 months back was impressive, and then being down there a month later seeing Oscar get on the decks at the patio after Sander was an amazing and really unique experience. All I can say reguarding finding someone is good luck and try to get a weekly or bi-weekly rotating guest =)

Another note -- savor the fact you guys have someone who is actually making an effort to find out what *YOU* would like via some actual interaction.

I have yet to see anything like this go on before on such a scale, and it really shows you've got people down there who happen to care a bit more about their club nights then the rest of Florida, where promotors don't know jack about music and the 'scene' is dominated by bad local dj's. There are plenty of dedicated people in Tampa and Orlando, dont get me wrong... but anything that goes on is pretty much relegated to the smaller venues with bar/lounge atmosphere as opposed to a real big club party feel.. which is still fine, I personally have enjoyed many a night listening to dj's in such intimate settings... but it just isn't in the same class as being on the terrace at Space at 11am dancing your ass off to a great music surrounded by gorgeous females =)

Ben

www.djben.net