Clubplanet Nightlife Community

High-protein foods?

Originally posted by chrismakk69

Tuna fish is the best. 15 gms per serving. The whole can is around 40g protein. It's also got omega 3 fatty acids which should be essential to your diet.

Canned salmon is also good.

Chicken breast is excellent also.

Lean beef, Turkey, Cottage cheese, yogurt, skim milk, peanut butter (not the lowfat kind), cheese, eggs, egg whites,

In the morning, I like to get alot of protein by having oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder on it and a glass of milk.

Good list - I would push the salmon above the tuna and leave out the dairy products - but other than that, I would say you covered all of the best sources of protein.

nautica

Originally posted by ou812

I keep a 6 lb jug full of this at work at my desk. Low carb, high protein, low fat...........good stuff

02046.jpg

Product Profile:

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Calories 110

Calories from Fat 10

Total Fat 1.5 g 2%*

Saturated Fat 0.5 g 3%*

Cholesterol 10 mg 4%*

Total Carbohydrate 3 g 1%*

Sugars 1 g

Protein 23 g 46%*

Calcium 150 mg 15%*

Sodium 40 mg 2%*

Potassium 220 mg 6%*

Enzyme Blend 10 mg

Aminogen®

Lactase (standardized to 100,000 FCC units/g)

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

% Daily Value not established.

Ingredients:Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Peptides), Cocoa, Artificial Flavor, Lecithin, Acesulfame Potassium.

Aminogen® is a registered trademark of Triarco Industries, Inc.

I get 10 lbs for $45.

Where do you go to get such an excellent price?

Originally posted by chrismakk69

Tuna fish is the best. 15 gms per serving. The whole can is around 40g protein. It's also got omega 3 fatty acids which should be essential to your diet.

Canned salmon is also good.

Chicken breast is excellent also.

Lean beef, Turkey, Cottage cheese, yogurt, skim milk, peanut butter (not the lowfat kind), cheese, eggs, egg whites,

In the morning, I like to get alot of protein by having oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder on it and a glass of milk.

Originally posted by elitesnautica

Good list - I would push the salmon above the tuna and leave out the dairy products - but other than that, I would say you covered all of the best sources of protein.

nautica

:aright:

yeh deffinetly a good list...but just like elite said take out the dairy and the whole egg...

i would also add ..ostrich meat...its hard to find but can taste just like a hamburger if grilled ..and packed with protien...

but for food on the go .besides the always ready tuna....for me its all about egg white omelets

depending on what ur going for...egg whites can be a great filler and easy on the go...

I put 1 cup egg white

3 oz of grilled chicken

add some broccoli or whatever u like...some onion

and i the key is HOT SAUCE!!!

i think everyone i know whos into workout out is addicted to the stuff...

but its FEEDING TIME

Originally posted by tommyarmani

Where do you go to get such an excellent price?

You can get 11 pounds of whey protein for $42+shipping here:

http://www.supplementdirect.com/?content=52&product_id=10805&PHPSESSID=e52bb5cf00d1e37cd574d845c4127511

I just ordered mine so I can't comment much on it, but I hear it mixes easily and has a relatively neutral taste so you can mix it with many different things.

the protein shake that i use has 50g of whey protein & 0-2g of carbs (depending on flavor), and it actually tastes good. I mix it w/water, to save calories, and it kind of tastes like chocolate milk..:screwy.....seriously it tastes good.

do you think girls should take in 1g of protein per pound? When considering this, I can drink two shakes and 20 more grams and get all of my protein lol.

peace.

Originally posted by rackham

You can get 11 pounds of whey protein for $42+shipping here:

http://www.supplementdirect.com/?content=52&product_id=10805&PHPSESSID=e52bb5cf00d1e37cd574d845c4127511

I just ordered mine so I can't comment much on it, but I hear it mixes easily and has a relatively neutral taste so you can mix it with many different things.

:puke: if you like it you can take the two 11lb jugs i got of it too lol - i hate that shit, i couldnt find anything to mix it with that made it remotely tolerable without adding soo much shit it made it dam near as healthy as a milk shake to drink.

isopure chocolate for me all the way

Originally posted by berniec

:puke: if you like it you can take the two 11lb jugs i got of it too lol - i hate that shit, i couldnt find anything to mix it with that made it remotely tolerable without adding soo much shit it made it dam near as healthy as a milk shake to drink.

isopure chocolate for me all the way

I only ordered 5lbs to test, so we'll see how it goes... I don't seem to mind the chalky taste of protein powder as much as most people I've met!

Originally posted by rackham

I got the supplementdirect protein a couple days ago, and I must say, it tastes pretty damn good mixed with sugarless, fat-free jello pudding mix! :)

looks like i'm off to the store, i gotta get rid of the two tubs i have sittin here in the middle of my kitchen somehow or my moms gonna kill me hahah

Originally posted by berniec

looks like i'm off to the store, i gotta get rid of the two tubs i have sittin here in the middle of my kitchen somehow or my moms gonna kill me hahah

Yeah, just try a regular serving (quarter packet) of the pudding mix, stirred in with 1/3 cup of the powder in water. It actually tastes better (to me) than any other protein supplement I've had. :aright:

Hey, did the 11-pounders come in tubs or bags?

• 2 weeks later...

VERY HIGH IN PROTEIN.......................low in saturated fat and cholestorol, very good source of unsaturated omega 3 fatty acids which is fat that the body needs........................

throw some mrs.dash seasoning on that puppy throw it in the oven and your golden, i def recommend solmon as part of a daily diet...........

head ova to costco and grab one of them big bags and your set!!!

digga loves to start w/ about 50 grams of whey protein and go to bed with a scoop of 22 grams right before bed.........and if im lucky ill wash it down w/ a perk or a pain killer...................I LOVE PAIN KILLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!