Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What gym do you go to?

Mystify

Big/small? Atmosphere? Amenities?

I go to this new (less than a year old) gym called "The Gym" (lol great name!) in Montvale, NJ - Bergen County

It's beautifuL! Very spa-like...fountains everywhere, beautiful marble floors, great lighting....

A great little sitting area by the juice bar with funky looking couches - a lot of people hang out there before and after workouts...it's very trendy and cute....

A little area with computers to check your email or whatever

Lots of cardio equipment that's kinda put away from the lifting area....nice bc you're not on display!

A soft room for pilates and yoga

An aerobics room for kick-boxing, dance cardio, and all other sorts of classes

A spin studio

The atmostphere of my gym is very laid back, there are always at least 10 trainers on the floor, lots of young and old people, everyone's pretty nice...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My gym is fairly large. But more of a neighborhood gym. Semi Privately owned. Not a big name place. Very plain on the inside... They have a Chiropractor working out of an office in there. And they are preparing a tanning salon for the place as well. They have rooms for classes, kickboxing and Karate Etc... Etc...

They are in the middle of renovation since change in ownerships... It has had 4 names in the last 8 years. :rolleyes:

But I continue to go there cause I happen to like most of the croud that goes there... Pretty easy to get along with people. It almost feels like my second home. :D

I work out at General Fitness Center in Queens. It's not one of these giant health club places, but its a nice size. It's never crowded, even during peak times I don't have to wait for dumbells or anything.

There is a small area with couches to sit after your workout upstairs while you drink your shakes or whatever as well.

I like it alot there.

NYSC in forest hills..looks like all the other ones...

i think im gonna change to worlds gym in about a month

mystify22 ..ur gym sounds amazing..how is the price compared to others?

my gym is cool..the ppl dont bother me alil foriegn but you get used to it growning up in forest hills...

i workout at my gym at work...it is kinda small and has limited machines and u must be inventive and make ur own exercises cause of how limited the machines are...our dumbells only go up to 75 which is ok, but we need heavier ones...i like it cause i no longer have to pay for a gym but it lacks in the heavy weight department..

Originally posted by fineones

mystify22 ..ur gym sounds amazing..how is the price compared to others?

Well that's the thing - the price is a little steep, but it's so much more convenient for me - most of the other decent gyms are at least 20 minutes away - this one is only 5!

It's 80/month :rolleyes:

But I'm trying to take full advantage of it by taking lots of classes, bringing in guests whenever I can (TONS of guest passes), etc....

Originally posted by Mystify22

Well that's the thing - the price is a little steep, but it's so much more convenient for me - most of the other decent gyms are at least 20 minutes away - this one is only 5!

It's 80/month :rolleyes:

But I'm trying to take full advantage of it by taking lots of classes, bringing in guests whenever I can (TONS of guest passes), etc....

aaa WTF i thought u were gon say somthng much higher

I PAY THE SAME AMOUNT :mad: i have no fountains, juice bars, trendy ppl thanks for confirming that im gettin ripped off...

but like u said this ones 5 mins away as opposed to the others that are closer to 20

so i guess its okay then :rolleyes:

YMCA staten island peak times sucks can't really get on machines but other hours its fine most of the time if i go alone i can find a spotter for cardio they have a track above the basketball courts which is a plus also have a swimming pool but alot of old people one reason why i dont go into the locker room because they prance around naked like its there fkin home its one thing to be naked but to walk around for God knows how long naked is another thing

Originally posted by daillestmattyg

YMCA staten island peak times sucks can't really get on machines but other hours its fine most of the time if i go alone i can find a spotter for cardio they have a track above the basketball courts which is a plus also have a swimming pool but alot of old people one reason why i dont go into the locker room because they prance around naked like its there fkin home its one thing to be naked but to walk around for God knows how long naked is another thing

Is this the one on Richmond Ave?

If so. I live right down the block. I was going to join a while ago. But the gym I go to I have gotten so used to and there is no down payment and monthly only $30.00

Originally posted by fineones

aaa WTF i thought u were gon say somthng much higher

I PAY THE SAME AMOUNT :mad: i have no fountains, juice bars, trendy ppl thanks for confirming that im gettin ripped off...

but like u said this ones 5 mins away as opposed to the others that are closer to 20

so i guess its okay then :rolleyes:

I think it's slightly more (probably $100 a month) if you pay monthly, but since I singed a 1 year contract, I paid a flat sign-on fee and 80/month

Originally posted by linabina

i pay $45 a month for Work Out World... aka WOW

i love it there... but myst ur gym sounds wonnnnderful :love2:

It stinks you're not closer, I'd tell ya to come as my guest one day :D ..... we could give each other tips on good shoulder exercises ......

Originally posted by linabina

i pay $45 a month for Work Out World... aka WOW

i love it there... but myst ur gym sounds wonnnnderful :love2:

which location? i go to the one in North Brunswick during the school year cause the gyms at rutgers SUCK ASS

When i'm home i eitehr go to the Ballys in Saddle Brook (hate it) or empire fitness in hoboken...i moved recently and am still trying to find a decent gym around here (bergen co) :mad: so i'll usually just do cardio at crappy ballys (which is still a 20 minute drive) and hit my 'old' gym in hoboken for lifting...

..cant wait till school starts up again and i can get back to WOW :)

im a member at 2 gyms, bally's (directly across the street from me, its huge) and world gym (the same gym and location where arnold schwarzenneger first started working out, yep!)...bally's is totally crap...i mean its got good amenities and shit but most of the ppl. are there only to show off and check out other chix and shit...so for ne1 serious abt working out i recommend NOT going to these big-name gyms...

the world gym where i now go is much smaller but there are way fewer ppl. (like on average only 10 or so), very little distraction, top quality machines...its a flat rate of 300 bux a yr.

bally's i pay 27 bux a month, premium membership

Originally posted by anotherway83

im a member at 2 gyms, bally's (directly across the street from me, its huge) and world gym (the same gym and location where arnold schwarzenneger first started working out, yep!)...bally's is totally crap...i mean its got good amenities and shit but most of the ppl. are there only to show off and check out other chix and shit...so for ne1 serious abt working out i recommend NOT going to these big-name gyms...

the world gym where i now go is much smaller but there are way fewer ppl. (like on average only 10 or so), very little distraction, top quality machines...its a flat rate of 300 bux a yr.

bally's i pay 27 bux a month, premium membership

I belong to the same 2 gyms ( world in paramus NJ ) and Ballys is crap. Its a new gym but the eqipment is old and rusted WTF!!! How do you have a new gym and old equipment.