Clubplanet Nightlife Community

THE OFFICAL SeXy @ THE RoXy REVIEW

gotta disagree with what most of you are saying...club was far from packed, I remember when I went last year, the line was to the end of the block to get in, this time didnt even wait a min, no line got right in. The entire back of the club was empty, and I was able to walk through the dance floor comfortably without bumping into anyone. As far as music bugout and nero were droppin some sick shit, that africa remix is nuts not sure which one of them played it. As far as vicious I was not feeling him at all, last time I heard him he was playing alot of tribal, this time he was playing alot of cheese. I couldn't belive he played amuka-appreciate me for like 15 mins, that song is beyond played out. But he played trippin which was pretty sick to hear, and moments in love, which was awesome. When Mad Myles came on, he was just terrible, started out with adrenaline rush, and then who knows wtf he was playing. Anyone else get raped at the door?? After I got searched and was walking down the hallway, one of the other bouncers goes I need to see your cell phone if you have one, and he went on to examine my phone, wtf did he think he was gona find?? Also I saw alot of people get thrown out for drinking without bands. Is that really necessary, can't the bouncers just take there drink away and give them a warning or something, what if they werent even drinking but just holding it for someone else(this happened to me once at a dif venue and the bouncer was having my story and i got thrown out, im sure it was no different in roxy)...bouncers were being dicks in there.

I think its funny how alot people are giving this party such great reviews. Maybe some of you really did have awesome times but half of you are in some way associated with this party or are friends with the people are associated with the party, so you will pretty much say it was awesome and packed if there was 10 people there and they put on a louie devito cd. I saw someone posted that this was the best parties of the year. That was pretty funny. Where have you been going out???

I hope the next party turns out better, cause I think Roxy is a really nice club with a sick system.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by alexx

gotta disagree with what most of you are saying...club was far from packed, I remember when I went last year, the line was to the end of the block to get in, this time didnt even wait a min, no line got right in. The entire back of the club was empty, and I was able to walk through the dance floor comfortably without bumping into anyone. As far as music bugout and nero were droppin some sick shit, that africa remix is nuts not sure which one of them played it. As far as vicious I was not feeling him at all, last time I heard him he was playing alot of tribal, this time he was playing alot of cheese. I couldn't belive he played amuka-appreciate me for like 15 mins, that song is beyond played out. But he played trippin which was pretty sick to hear, and moments in love, which was awesome. When Mad Myles came on, he was just terrible, started out with adrenaline rush, and then who knows wtf he was playing. Anyone else get raped at the door?? After I got searched and was walking down the hallway, one of the other bouncers goes I need to see your cell phone if you have one, and he went on to examine my phone, wtf did he think he was gona find?? Also I saw alot of people get thrown out for drinking without bands. Is that really necessary, can't the bouncers just take there drink away and give them a warning or something, what if they werent even drinking but just holding it for someone else(this happened to me once at a dif venue and the bouncer was having my story and i got thrown out, im sure it was no different in roxy)...bouncers were being dicks in there.

I think its funny how alot people are giving this party such great reviews. Maybe some of you really did have awesome times but half of you are in some way associated with this party or are friends with the people are associated with the party, so you will pretty much say it was awesome and packed if there was 10 people there and they put on a louie devito cd. I saw someone posted that this was the best parties of the year. That was pretty funny. Where have you been going out???

I hope the next party turns out better, cause I think Roxy is a really nice club with a sick system.

a)vicious did NOT play appreciate me for 15 mins

b)they dont allow cameras in anymore because of legal issues and they were looking for camera phones

c)the party was promoted by word of mouth, and on club msg boards with little flyer promotion and did pretty decent numbers

d)it was a reunion party with a classics like theme, thus the "cheese" and older tracks

agree that the bouncers seemed a little rude more so then usual, and dont agree it was party of the year, but it sure as hell was fun to see some old friends and hear some old skool beats that gave us so many memories in the past.

Originally posted by lalalandnyc13

WE NEVER SAID IT WAS PACKED BUT THERE WAS ALOT OF PEOPLE THERE AND VICIOUS WAS GREAT PLAYING THE OLD SCHOOL ROXY MUSIC IT WAS NUTS I DON'T KNOW WHAT PARTY YOU WAS AT THAT NIGHT LOLOL

Originally posted by Ronin

a)vicious did NOT play appreciate me for 15 mins

b)they dont allow cameras in anymore because of legal issues and they were looking for camera phones

c)the party was promoted by word of mouth, and on club msg boards with little flyer promotion and did pretty decent numbers

d)it was a reunion party with a classics like theme, thus the "cheese" and older tracks

agree that the bouncers seemed a little rude more so then usual, and dont agree it was party of the year, but it sure as hell was fun to see some old friends and hear some old skool beats that gave us so many memories in the past.

this is what im talking about, both of you guys are in some way associated with the club, or are friends with the people who are associated with it, so you guys give it great reviews, and are minimal in mentioning the things that really sucked or were no good.

the camera phone thing makes sense...

but as far as vicious' set goes, for the most part it was very cheesy I personally I did not enjoy it but thats just me. Maybe he didn't play appreciate me for 15 mins, but he def played it longer then the reg version, cause he was fucking around with the acapella and I hate that song so much maybe thats why it felt so long. If Tony Draper or JP played appreciate me (or some of the other songs jv played) at there last party, they would be getting ripped apart on this board.

this is what im talking about, both of you guys are in some way associated with the club, or are friends with the people who are associated with it, so you guys give it great reviews, and are minimal in mentioning the things that really sucked or were no good.

the camera phone thing makes sense...

but as far as vicious' set goes, for the most part it was very cheesy I personally I did not enjoy it but thats just me. Maybe he didn't play appreciate me for 15 mins, but he def played it longer then the reg version, cause he was fucking around with the acapella and I hate that song so much maybe thats why it felt so long. If Tony Draper or JP played appreciate me (or some of the other songs jv played) at there last party, they would be getting ripped apart on this board.

exactly...but let em stay at their cheese venue...keeps em out of the real places

yeah, I kind of agree. i had a lot of fun, but it wasn't some 'siiiiick night', or even close to being in the same vicinity as some of the best parties this year. I enjoyed all the DJ's sets. But to say that last Friday wasn't over-hyped to death would be innacurate. And even all the hype didn't generate very much interest. The place was totally empty on the far side of the club, and even the extra seating they had on half the main floor didn't even fill up all the holes. But again, all the guys spinning were surprisingly good. lol, apparently Exit2e is now a Mike Bugout fan.

But even with this party coming around once every month or so, once the new clubs open up, there will be even less interest than this past Friday. But if there's nothing else going on on a Friday night, it's definitely a decent option.

Also I saw alot of people get thrown out for drinking without bands. Is that really necessary, can't the bouncers just take there drink away and give them a warning or something, what if they werent even drinking but just holding it for someone else(this happened to me once at a dif venue and the bouncer was having my story and i got thrown out, im sure it was no different in roxy)...bouncers were being dicks in there.

cant speak for them being dicks, but one of my female friends was puking her brains out and falling asleep standing up after one of the bouncers brought her a 'special' drink from the 'back bar'...ya real professional to take advange of 2 gurls who are there by themselves...luckily one of them didnt drink from it or god knows where they mite have ended up that nite...i wonder what mite have been in that drink :idea: ...lil more then vodka and cran;)

Some of you people are fucking amazing. :laugh: :laugh:

Bob G , sick post. Cannot wait for the next reunion.

I'll be packin mad pills so I can whistle and clap and enjoy the music, but don't worry no one will be able to tell i'm on drugs :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nice seein everybody out, Bob hit it on the head when he talked about the feeling of unity. All in all a great time. :rock:

Anyone else get raped at the door?? After I got searched and was walking down the hallway, one of the other bouncers goes I need to see your cell phone if you have one, and he went on to examine my phone, wtf did he think he was gona find?? Also I saw alot of people get thrown out for drinking without bands. Is that really necessary, can't the bouncers just take there drink away and give them a warning or something, what if they werent even drinking but just holding it for someone else(this happened to me once at a dif venue and the bouncer was having my story and i got thrown out, im sure it was no different in roxy)...bouncers were being dicks in there.

well i cant say i got raped at the door but i def got embarrassed...i handed the bouncer my 21 that works just about everywhere cause its good and i look older...he looks at it and goes nice try and gives me a red stamp...now for a place thats looking to make money, if u have someone that looks of age with something saying he is, u can look the other way to make some money off them. and about people getting kicked out, that was def not necessary cause it happened to one of my friends...he was seen handing a drink to someone without a band so they tossed the two of them, even after my friend tried paying off the bouncer to let them stay...but he managed to sneak back in, having to pay again...def need to lighten up on the security next time, that was the only bad thing about that party

Originally posted by tbathe

now for a place thats looking to make money, if u have someone that looks of age with something saying he is, u can look the other way to make some money off them. and about people getting kicked out, that was def not necessary cause it happened to one of my friends...he was seen handing a drink to someone without a band so they tossed the two of them, even after my friend tried paying off the bouncer to let them stay...but he managed to sneak back in, having to pay again...def need to lighten up on the security next time, that was the only bad thing about that party

if you owned a nightclub....would you want kids under 21 getting stupid drunk in your establishment?

thank about that for a few minutes. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

if you owned a nightclub....would you want kids under 21 getting stupid drunk in your establishment?

thank about that for a few minutes. :rolleyes:

no i def understand that but almost everywhere ive been to i havent had a problem cause i look and act a lot older than i am...thats why i was kind of surprised they turned me down

Originally posted by djmikebugout

did hell freeze over and i just didnt notice? :laugh:

seriously tho zeek i heard u were there but couldnt find u...o well..next time maybe

Mike

How did you miss him?!?

I felt like he was everywhere I turned :laugh: :laugh:

no i def understand that but almost everywhere ive been to i havent had a problem cause i look and act a lot older than i am...thats why i was kind of surprised they turned me down

they are trying to be responsible....thats why security is so tight in the first place

bottom line is, if ur id's fake, then the bouncers did their job by catching it. its not their fault the law is 21 to drink, and that u dont fall in that category :rolleyes:

these bouncers know what the fakes look like from all the places around... they see thousands of IDs a night, and they're prolly a helluva lot better at spotting fakes than most cops are (I actually talked to one a long time ago @ exit when my boy had an absolutely perfect one taken away).

At any rate, they were just doin there job, u can't blame 'em. It's shit like this along with drugs that keeps getting clubs shut down...

ya i know...it just kinda sucks cause im sure everyone was in this position at some point, under 21 trying to drink...and im just so used to not having a problem with it that it sucks when it does...but whatever, still had a good time fri nite

What BobG said was right on the money. :clap:

now... to the guy that said we all have partnerships with the roxy and its owners :jerkoff:

Listen i dont know about anyone else but i was involved in the orginal sexy at the roxy party, but this party i did not promote other then a couple of threads on clubplanet and I was strickly there to have a good time. It wasnt there greatest party of all time but it was good really good the music was great the drinks were strong and the vibe was there it was personally the best party that i have attened in a while. and i think the crowd was very cool and sexy like it was a year ago. I hope the next one is even better.

thank you Bob G.

I DID PROMOTE THE PARTY TOO WHEN IT WAS A WEEKLY PARTY AND WE HAD ALOT OF FUN DOING THE PARTY AND WE GOT TO MEET ALOT OF PEOPLE AND MADE ALOT OF NEW FRIENDS AND WHEN YOUR DOING A PARTY EVERY WEEK FOR A YEAR AND YOU SEE THE PEOPLE YOU MET AND THEY ARE YOUR FRIENDS YOU LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING THEM EVERY WEEK I DID PUSH THIS PARTY BECAUSE I WANTED TO SEE THE OLD SCHOOL CREW AGAIN AND I WANTED EVERYBODY TO HAVE A GOOD TIME LIKE THEY DID WHEN THE PARTY WAS HOT I DID NOT MAKE ANYTHING OFF OF THIS PARTY I JUST WANTED TO SEE PEOPLE HAVE FUN ANYWAY NYC NEEDED A GOOD FRIDAY NIGHT THERE ARE NO GOOD FRIDAY NIGHT PARTYS WITH GOOD DANCE MUSIC AND I THINK THE PARTY THAT WAS ON FRIDAY AT ROXY WAS A GOOD NIGHT FOR THE PEOPLE OF NYC THEY WAS DANCING THERE ASSES OFF WE NEED A GOOD FRIDAY NIGHT PARTY BACK IN NYC WITH GOOD DANCE MUSIC AND GOOD DJ'S AND A GREAT VIBE AND THATS WHAT BOBBY G DID LAST FRIDAY GOOD JOB BOBBY (THANK YOU BOBBY YOU ARE THE MAN):party:

Originally posted by lalalandnyc13

I DID PROMOTE THE PARTY TOO WHEN IT WAS A WEEKLY PARTY AND WE HAD ALOT OF FUN DOING THE PARTY AND WE GOT TO MEET ALOT OF PEOPLE AND MADE ALOT OF NEW FRIENDS AND WHEN YOUR DOING A PARTY EVERY WEEK FOR A YEAR AND YOU SEE THE PEOPLE YOU MET AND THEY ARE YOUR FRIENDS YOU LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING THEM EVERY WEEK I DID PUSH THIS PARTY BECAUSE I WANTED TO SEE THE OLD SCHOOL CREW AGAIN AND I WANTED EVERYBODY TO HAVE A GOOD TIME LIKE THEY DID WHEN THE PARTY WAS HOT I DID NOT MAKE ANYTHING OFF OF THIS PARTY I JUST WANTED TO SEE PEOPLE HAVE FUN ANYWAY NYC NEEDED A GOOD FRIDAY NIGHT THERE ARE NO GOOD FRIDAY NIGHT PARTYS WITH GOOD DANCE MUSIC AND I THINK THE PARTY THAT WAS ON FRIDAY AT ROXY WAS A GOOD NIGHT FOR THE PEOPLE OF NYC THEY WAS DANCING THERE ASSES OFF WE NEED A GOOD FRIDAY NIGHT PARTY BACK IN NYC WITH GOOD DANCE MUSIC AND GOOD DJ'S AND A GREAT VIBE AND THATS WHAT BOBBY G DID LAST FRIDAY GOOD JOB BOBBY (THANK YOU BOBBY YOU ARE THE MAN):party:

im convinced u and capone share the same DNA and dildo