Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Materialistic!!!

lollib

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, about this financial stability thing... I don't entirely get it... Just what does it mean to be financially stable in a city like NY, anyway??? I mean, if both partners are employed, and they can both support themselves- isn't that enough? And when they marry, their financial foothold should become stronger anyway- right? What with tax breaks, sharing the costs of housing, etc. Isn't that what marriage is supposed to be about- supporting each other and improving each other's life???

Unless they intend to start popping out babies as soon as they've said their vows- what more do you need? :confused:

Originally posted by tastyt

Anyway, about this financial stability thing... I don't entirely get it... Just what does it mean to be financially stable in a city like NY, anyway??? I mean, if both partners are employed, and they can both support themselves- isn't that enough? And when they marry, their financial foothold should become stronger anyway- right? What with tax breaks, sharing the costs of housing, etc. Isn't that what marriage is supposed to be about- supporting each other and improving each other's life???

Unless they intend to start popping out babies as soon as they've said their vows- what more do you need? :confused:

:love: Thank You... :kiss2:

Originally posted by tastyt

Yes, that's exactly what financially stable means, when both partners are employed and have enough money to support themselves, and also, be able to support their kids whether they decide to have babies right away or not!

Originally posted by wideskies

so, is anyone going to tell me why it is that a man has to prove he's rich enough to buy a ring but the woman doesn't have to prove the same?

She doesn't have to prove her wealth, just her oral skills, and her ability to shut the fuck up when shes spoken to.

Originally posted by xlr8ted

She doesn't have to prove her wealth, just her oral skills, and her ability to shut the fuck up when shes spoken to.

i guess that's what some people on here seem to value... a man's ability to "take care of his woman" financially.

hellooooooooooo, dark ages...

Originally posted by sexxyme

Yes, that's exactly what financially stable means, when both partners are employed and have enough money to support themselves, and also, be able to support their kids whether they decide to have babies right away or not!

I can support myself but I can't afford a $2000 ring.

Which is precisely why I asked the question that you still haven't answered. :rolleyes:

wideskies: :heart:

oh yes! lets contribute our support to the bloody civil war in the Congo by continuing to demand expensive diamonds!

fyi: there are a few companies in europe making a new generation of synthetic diamonds. these are not like cubic zirconia (sp?)

most of them cannot be told apart from regular diamonds by most jewelers, unless a jeweler has a super-expensive detection machine from DeBeers. they are all 100% perfect.

one company is making diamonds that cant be detected by DeBeers.

cost? about $300 to $400 a carat

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/11.09/diamond.html

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

oh yes! lets contribute our support to the bloody civil war in the Congo by continuing to demand expensive diamonds!

fyi: there are a few companies in europe making a new generation of synthetic diamonds. these are not like cubic zirconia (sp?)

most of them cannot be told apart from regular diamonds by most jewelers, unless a jeweler has a super-expensive detection machine from DeBeers. they are all 100% perfect.

one company is making diamonds that cant be detected by DeBeers.

cost? about $300 to $400 a carat

...I saw that article on /. a while back..that ish is insane and would completely CRIPPLE the diamond industry if they were able to pull it off on a large scale...Crazy ish..

..Also, ladies...do keep in mind that diamonds are pretty much the most common gem mined in the world today...If you really REALLY want status you have to go with a flawless or near flawless nicely cut Ruby or Emerald...each of which can fetch $45,000 a carat depending on purity...Diamonds are for the commoners...;)...