mets4012

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trancesucks.jpg

Originally posted by buredf

ill say it again like i said on the last pvd thread

if you have nothing nice to say shut your fuckin mouth.

if you want to look at the facts, their is a reason paul van dyk is as big as he is.

if you do not like his musical taste or selection than just dont post here

the guy is doin some good things for scene in america.

his show in central park was an overall great success and i even spoke to some of the people who have some say in the city and they were disappointed that the event went over so well.

what fuckin amazes me is that there are people who are so fuckin stupid out there.

whether its a trance event, techno event, house event, whatever it is...

if it goes over well, it does the whole electronic dance music scene a world of good.

then you got assholes on this board who just have nothing nice to say and gotta downplay the event, the music, the people..

if trance sucks to you, GREAT

but keep it to yourself.

this messageboard has turned into a fuckin sad case of assholes at their computer who can type nasty things but would never back their mouth up.

do me a favor... and just shut up.. the thread was about how pvd was in avalon... if you werent there and you didn't hear the set and u have nothing nice to say than dont fuckin post.

people like that = assholes.

come on people when are u gonna get your heads out of the shit and see the good when these events go over well.

if trance sucks to you, GREAT

but keep it to yourself.

wait, why should they keep it to themselves? I like trance and they have as much right to say they hate trance and I have to say I like trance.

So basically what you are saying is if people don't agree with you they should just shut up?

Yeah people on here don't like trance and continue to bash it but I don't take it as a personal insult. That's just ridiculous.

Besides, some of the things they say are quite comical! :laugh:

buredf, I hear you.

However, clubplanet, while functioning as an excellent website, is teeming with assholes - you can't change that.

I for one like all sorts of electronic music - progressive, breaks, house, and of course, TRANCE. I don't think I will ever understand the fierce resentment people like to display towards certain genres; they act as if its some sort of contest, or turf war.

I don't think that many people understand the fragility of "the scene". Electronic dance music is an entirerly new movement; it's revolutionary when compared to the great music phenomenons of the past (blues, rock, hip-hop). Its brought with it a new party culture (clubs) and most importantly, new ways of making music (electronic instruments). Ever been to a rave? Nothing like this has ever been seen before, but at this rate, we're lucky if people even remember in 20, 30 years.

The scene is also battling some nasty enemies: the decline of the album, the limbo that is online music, NYC nightlife going down the toilet, etc. etc.

This shit started in the underground, so I can understand the dedication people have to it - they don't want to see their music corrupted, and that is great. However, if people want to see this thing survive so that others will be able to look back and recognize its importance, they'd do well to listen more and talk less.

Bottom line is that I see people pop a lot of shit on this board; mad posts about "my love for this music, my love for the scene", and then I see the same people trashing another post for no good reason, usually because of a difference in taste.

Not like its going to make a difference here, but buredf has a point; dance music can't afford infighting right now, yet that's what you see. If people were to get a little more open about things, it would go a long way towards setting the whole scene on some stable ground.

Oh, and if some knowitall replies saying "dood, do a search we hit this topic already", fuck you in advance. Its the truth, and in the mental wasteland of clubplanet, its better to have it voiced again rather than ignored. I have a lot of time and money invested in the scene, and I don't want to see it die. Why? Because its the purest embodiment of a good time I've ever known.

yo slick

well put but like its almost pointless to present your point of view with some people because they are just ignorant.

and i am not saying people cant not like trance but do we need to go so far as for someone to sit in photoshop to create a banner

We all like trance 4 years ago. Since then, the music hasn't changed one bit (just look at PVD's set lists for proof).

Hearing the same repeatative synths, build-ups and tsk, tsk, tsk high hats for 5 years will make anyone want to vomit. Just because your musical tastes don't evolve, doesn't mean ours don't.

So shut up you fucking QUEER!!

yo slick

and i am not saying people cant not like trance but do we need to go so far as for someone to sit in photoshop to create a banner

Yo, its clubland; every place I've ever been to has its share of lunkheads, and the same applies here. Comes with the territory.

However, I must admit, PVD was one of the most dickhead-free shows I've been to in a long, long time. Lotsa hot girls, minimal sausage.