Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Avalon's BAD Reviews

Absolutely... if only the big investores new whats up insted of trying to get their money fast. Everyone is getting greedy these days, like dogs, that know their days are numbered. Cant get enough before the last breath, soon they will choke on these bones... LOL:blown:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by 530west28

B&S would be offered the main room and any Sunday afternoon party would also be in the main room.

I would be shocked... and I mean SHOCKED if all 4 of those guys could get together again... I just don't see it happening...

Plus B&S was created by Francois & Jon... not Jon alone, that's why I wondered who he defined the B&S crew by.

Francois + Jon + Joe + Danny... good luck :)

im very skeptical...... apparently there sunday is doing VERY WELL, but of course it would. i wish assEteria was at limelight.

lol

i hope they change shit, its so annoying to see such a great space turn to shit,

im having flash back's of "ESTATE" "REpublic" and empire" Hahaha

:blown:

Just to add and embelish on what most have said...

I've had enough of this bottle service bs too...

If you want to keep that in the lounges with the random musical stylings of hip hop, rock and 80's (and if your lucky, the littelest bit of house you ever heard), that's fine...

That's the kind of crowd that will accept it, and most don't care about how good the music is or who's spinning.

I like to go to places like that sometimes, and even then I think it's bs, but it goes with the chi chi thing so what can I do.

But, if you're talking about a big club bringing in skilled DJ's (many international), the VIP/Bottle Service bull shit should not even be involved. I bet you most the tables that are specially roped off are mostly empty...

I haven't been to Avalon yet, so I don't know, but that's my guess.

This is a music driven crowd and I think they could care less about VIP tables or WAAAY overpriced bottles. Maybe management over there needs to be taught about this. If you're going to re open the space that was ONCE Limelight, please do not try and ruin the venue that obviously has some potential.

Just because most of NY has gone that way doesn't mean that every place has to fall prey to it. There should be more music driven clubs in NY because frankly we're severely lacking in that dept. I'm not even sure how it happened, but it did.

Sorry for the rant, but the scene is just pissing me off lately.

over the past year

all you would see is promotions for clubs

who would say

"this club will change the nyc nightlife"

or some bullshit along those lines

iam soo sick of these corney parties that only cater to the "look at me crowd" who buy a 50$ bottle of grey goose for 300$ and think they are soo cool lol

these days i only go to see a good dj

iam all about quality not quanity

id rather spend a few extra bucks to see a amazing dj

then go every week and support the local tallent and deal with all these clubs bullshit

thats just my 2 cents

I went to AVALON (Limelight) last Sunday, Manny Lehman was DJing...It was awesome. The sound system is great, The people were fun..Great party. And I have been going out a long time. Just try to go out And enjoy yourself instead ofcriticizing a club you have never been to. And I were you I'd go on a sunday night

Ok now we all know the old places such as Limelight, Tunnel, Twilo were Great places to go, but nothing compares the dirty raw music that tunnel, Limelight, Twilo, produced where you can just be who you want to be in all aspects of clothing dance style or what ever it is that makes up who you are when dancing, I can remember the first time I thought about going clubbing, the Tunnel was a place they called a dance place where you can do what ever you want, I was scared of going for some odd reason, maybe its because I never went to the city at the age of 18 but when I stepped into the space I almost freaked out that’s how sick it was to me at that time, Hearing bass pump from down the street with my cousin getting all hyped, when I stepped into the club I went nuts because the place was sick for the space wise the loudness of bass, the people filling the club, people wearing what ever the fuck they wanted, it was great for me at the time.

For the other clubs such as Limelight, I took a friend of mine to the Limelight and boy this dude was amazed because he comes from a rock band back ground, never heard trance or techno, deep hard bass, so he almost jumped off the balcony to the main dance floor that’s how crazy he was about loving the music and crowd dancing like in that movie called BLADE, the first scene when every was dancing. We need to get some sort of this back!!! I can’t dance in a place that is high class and filled with people that look at others and judge, I mean I know I shouldn’t care of what people say but come-on we all know if we are dancing in a high class club or a place filled with ignorant people that talk BS or crap its not going to work, the vibe as to be there! That’s why the dirtiness and darkness was such a great place to dance DAM!! Does anyone feel me on this!!!!!!

:(

Based on the line-up, Avalon is obviously committed to bringing in quality music for YOU - the music heads. All the complaints aside, Twilo was not built in a day or a couple weeks for that matter.

Feedback is helpful but please be constructive. PM me with any specific complaints you might have (besides the ususal bitching about VIP - bottle service, 21+, etc).

For those concerned about dress code, we're moving towards a flexible one. Although you can always buy your tix in advance (www.nextticketing.com) to avoid any hassle. Back in the day, the velvet rope policy was a lot stricter than it is now.

Coming to Avalon New York: UPCOMING DJS

Fri.10.24 Mark Farina

Sat.10.25 Richie Hawtin & Josh Wink

Fri.10.31 Tbc

Sat.11.01 Tbc

Fri.11.07 Colette

Sat.11.08 John Creamer & Stephane K

Fri.11.14 Tbc

Sat.11.15 Nick Warren & Tall Paul

Fri.11.21 Dave Seaman & Phil K

Sat.11.22 Ferry Corsten & Rap

Wed.11.26 Paul Oakenfold

Fri.11.28 Darren Emerson

Sat.11.29 Pete Tong

NEW YEARS EVE - SASHA

www.nextticketing.com

Tickets - $50 in advance

Originally posted by starstuff

Based on the line-up, Avalon is obviously committed to bringing in quality music for YOU - the music heads. All the complaints aside, Twilo was not built in a day or a couple weeks for that matter.

Feedback is helpful but please be constructive. PM me with any specific complaints you might have (besides the ususal bitching about VIP - bottle service, 21+, etc).

For those concerned about dress code, we're moving towards a flexible one. Although you can always buy your tix in advance (www.nextticketing.com) to avoid any hassle. Back in the day, the velvet rope policy was a lot stricter than it is now.

I dont mind to pay 300 for a bottle and dance in a private company of people know, but hey this ;http://bbs.clubplanet.com/showthread.php?threadid=187434

is not the way i want to be treated when i do that.

:no::nono:

Amen! That's what message boards have turned into - a place to log all your complaints about every single detail about clubbing. Clubbing used to be so much simpler and FUN - you went, either had a good time or bad time with your friends, went home and then did it again.

Now if you go have a good time, you post 10 posts, but if you have a bad time it's 100 posts and counting...

Originally posted by bozer

I'm there for sasha without a doubt. All you haters can stay at home and post about how you hate clubs on this forum.

Originally posted by starstuff

Amen! That's what message boards have turned into - a place to log all your complaints about every single detail about clubbing. Clubbing used to be so much simpler and FUN - you went, either had a good time or bad time with your friends, went home and then did it again.

Now if you go have a good time, you post 10 posts, but if you have a bad time it's 100 posts and counting...

Well as I started this thread, so maybe I should end it.

The old saying goes that if you do 10 good deeds and 1 bad one, people will only remember the bad one.

The Internet has given the ordinary joe a voice and a forum for his/her voice.

Bad service and poor customer care wont go unoticed anymore.

When people get sold 1 thing but receive another, their gonna say something which before they rarely could.

Personally I think that Avalon (Limelight to the rest of us) has a hard act to follow.

No matter whether you spent $50 Million on changing it. It's still the Limelight and a lot of the people who are going to go are going to compare it to that.

Yes times have changed, The club kids have gone or grown up, but the overall expectation of a place that has so much club history is still the same. Whether you were there before or not people have all heard or read stories about the decadence of Limelight and how outrageous and fun it was.

To now try and turn it into something else will be a difficult pill to swallow, no matter what Big Name DJ you book.

The New York club scene has changed so much that it's no longer JUST about the DJ's anymore.

It's about the TOTAL experience and that includes how people are treated and how they are made to feel when they go to your club.

I understand that you want to create a certain vibe and pull a certain clientele, but if in doing so you alienate the "Ordinary Joe", you are going to fail in your attempt to keep this place running.

What counts is how you treat people from the security guy at the door to the coatcheck person to the bartender to the DJ to the General Manager. You are all part of the process of creating the TOTAL vibe. Making many areas of the club VIP is both elitist and unecessary because by the time the bottle crowd have moved on (Which we all know they do), you will have already lost the regulars clubbers and in a big room type club, these are the very people that will remain loyal and keep coming week after week.

Thats not to say you shouldn't have a VIP area or do Bottle service, but do it in a logical and sensible manner.

Your in a building phase now and cannot afford to get off to a bad start. Unless of course you are over capacity every night which I don't think you are, are you?

The place has a huge legacy and is full of club history. Avalon have all the elements needed to suceed and instead of dissing all the complaints you should learn from them and use the knowledge to improve and make the Avalon experience better.

Nobody wants to see you fail, least of all me as I'm in this business and I want all clubs to thrive and flourish.

Good luck and sorry for the ramble.

It's flutterby and I happen to be a girl.

If you reread, I'm interested in knowing MORE than simply the price of drinks. I've heard bad reviews about them from quality to different prices from bar to bar so, I thought I'd ask.

I guess that means I care about the price. :tongue:

I'll make my own decision about Avalon when I get there. I don't need to read what everyone else thinks. Just tell me about the drinks damnit. :D

Sorry butterfly:tongue: I didnt know you were a girl...

About the drinks, we Russians drink mostly stait up (Vodka or Cognac) or mix our own in the VIPs. Go check it out Lime Light looks prety clean now, but I am waiting for Nov28 when the Crobar opens :letsgo: