Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Celtics trade walker adn Delk to the Mavs

xlr8ted

The Celtics have traded Antoine Walker and Tony Delk to the Mavericks for Raef LaFrentz, Jiri Welsch, Chris Mills, and Dallas' 2004 first-round draft pick, according to the Dallas Morning News and radio station WEEI-AM..

Dallas has a good shot at the title now.

chris mills is back again? :rolleyes::laugh: didnt he do a shortlived stint with the celitcs back in 98 (or was it 99)? when he was signed as a free agent (first yar of Rick Pitino's infamous reign) and actaully was traded to the Knicks (part of the Walter Mccarthy and company) 3 days prior to Opening day?

good i hate walker.. then again i just really dislike the NBA as a whole

Originally posted by xlr8ted

I'm going to the Nets/Celtics game @ the Fleet on Nov 7th, got floor seats, i'm tripping Kidd, just for you. ( and Juamanna :drool: )

Floor seats? You'll be able to get really close and heckle Juamanna and TJ. That kid has the most gigantic head per body size ratio in the world.

as good as thaey sound on paper I think Dallas is gonna have a tough time and there will be some in team fighting , way to many guys capable of puttin up 30 a night and i can see the bitchin about gettin enought touches

nowitzki finley nash jameson and the biggest chucker of em all Twon Walker

Originally posted by vicman

it's all about the phoenix suns this year baby!!

might as well give them the nba title now. :D :D

Cubs.

Djjon,

So true, they def needed to get rid of walker, at least we now have a center, only avgd. 7 points last year. Vin Baker has lost alot of weight and hopefully will play to his potential and salary.. Not sure what this year is going to bring now, they're looking pretty bad in pre-season, but they did beat the nets..Who knows, as long as Kidd breaks his ankle when I trip him, and I hook up w/ his wife, this year won't be so bad if the C's lose.

Originally posted by crosspatrick

so basically the c's are going to be relaying on Baker for 14 points a game, :eek:

One thing about walker he was absouletly brillant in the community in Boston

Baker is good for 8-10 a game and maybe 5-7 rebounds... So basically were fucked... I can just imagine when the C's play the Lakers or Dallas.. Mark Cuban is a greedy fuck, great bus. man tho.. and p/t Dairy Queen worker.

Walker used to pay for a whole section of seats at the fleet center for urban kids who couldn't usually make it to the game... Great for the kids, but once I got stuck behind these little gangata's, not enjoyable. Running around, throwing shit, fighting, making out @ the age of 11 and 12.. It was a circus. :laugh:

that deal was HORRIBLE for boston no matter how u cut it...

Lafrentz has yet to prove anything worty of his contract which is HIGHLY overpriced..that onyl made the celtics get set back, and not to mention i know they needed to trade Walker but they def. could have gotten something way better and usefull.

Originally posted by whytevinyl

that deal was HORRIBLE for boston no matter how u cut it...

Lafrentz has yet to prove anything worty of his contract which is HIGHLY overpriced..that onyl made the celtics get set back, and not to mention i know they needed to trade Walker but they def. could have gotten something way better and usefull.

The C's are paying the last 5 years of a 6 yr contract that was worth something like 60 mil.... Now the Mavs have Nowitzki, Nash, Walker all shooting the ball 30-40 times a peice, w/ no defense at all. The Mavs hate playing D, Walker will fit right in. The C's better hope Baker steps it up a bit...Walker lost something like 20lbs on the off season, should make him a bit quicker.. He always scared me when the game was on the line w/ under 30 seconds to go, he'd shoot it in double and triplw coverage all the time, when he should be passing... Glad to see him go, but the C's got screwed.

i've been saying it for a very long time on these boards, i said it again emphatically during the series against the nets, and i'll say it now: antoine is WACK!!

he's bound to get lost in the shuffle of that point and shoot dallas team, cause lets face it; theres no way hes getting more shots than dirk, finley, and maybe even jamison.

bye- bye walker. you had a decent career for a few years, you made a few playoffs, a few all star games. but time for u to retire. :cool: