Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ohh gawd... all this plastic surgery fad

georgym

Is making me SICK :yuck:

it seems to be on television, magazines, everywhere.

It's one thing if you're born deformed or something. I can see wanting it.

But it's another when you really don't need it, and people get it.

COuld it be self-consciousness driving people to do it? Could it be the money and ability to do it? COuld it be exposure to celebrities that we feel we must compete with?

To me it's very sad that we watch people on television have this done. And even sadder for the people that have it done.

WAKE UP! ENJOY YOUR SELF! ENJOY YOUR NATURAL BEAUTY!!!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by phuturephunk

...George, even if I lost all the excess weight I have, I'd still need to have surgery just to look normal...If I had the money, I'd go for it, I won't play like I'm above that...

speak for yourself mike

'

i lost 40 lbs back in high school. It wasn't easy, but i persevered, and that gave me a lot of confidence and freedom(literally!)

Call me an idealist, but I believe there are natural ways to being more beautiful. On the surface, it seems like "an easy way out" or a "quick fix" to have surgery done.

But seriously, even if i gained 100lbs, i dont want no overpaid cosmetic surgeon searing his scalpel into my Belgian skin just to make topical adjustments :blank:

yeah i know what you mean. then again, i think it is all kinda media driven. all we see is people who are perfect, you never see an ad with a fat lady or a flat chested lady... certain things are not seen as attractive. i dont think you should look down on this stuff though, i know some people who i think would definitely benefit from certain surgeries. i mean, no one wants to be thought of as the dood with the huge nose or the chick with the saggy tits.. if someone is uncomfortable with something about their body, i wouldnt look down on them for changing it. i actually think it takes a really strong person to face their insecurity...

if someone is constantly insecure about a certain thing, of course it would be a positive feeling to no longer have to think about it. i have a friend who wont wear certain clothes because of her weight, i have a friend who doesnt wear her hair up because of her nose, i know girls who cant wear certain clothes b/c of their breasts... ideally people wouldnt have to worry about this crap. unfortunately some people are not born as lucky as others.

i know there is more to life than looking good but on the other hand, being comfortable with yourself is priceless & appearances play a large role in determining your own self image. i know if i had a bunch of insecurities i would have a negative image of myself... maybe that is shallow but honestly i think i would be very selfconscious if i had huge saggy tits, a huge nose, missing a tooth, a flaaby, saggy stomach, whatever.

i am not saying people should have all character traits wiped out, if someone has an interesting nose, that is fine as long as they are comfortable with it. i also think there are plenty of A cup boobs out there that are prettier than any C cup...

it all has to do with how you feel about yourself, who cares if youre fat or skinny, if you are happy with yourself.

:laugh: i hope no one jumps down my throat for anything i said.

Originally posted by somebitch

it all has to do with how you feel about yourself, who cares if youre fat or skinny, if you are happy with yourself.

:laugh: i hope no one jumps down my throat for anything i said.

i won't jump ya ;)

and you're right, all that does matter is how you feel about yourself.

I have a friend who got his hears pulled back cuz they stuck out. And kids did laugh at him (this was grammar school) and i felt sorry for him.

Im just talking about the people who really DON'T need plastic surgery, but get it anyway. The people who get it for the wrong reasons. But i guess as long as people have money, they'll do whatever they want, eh?

PS< Doesn't Joan *cough*example*cough* Rivers look spooky now joan-rivers_061902.jpg

yeah, joan is scary. shes OLD though i think... her face looks like it has been pulled like 10x at least. it's gross.

i think britney had a nose job and it was completely unnecessary... heres a site with images

http://www.threonine.net/xtina/rants/nosejob.html

i think it looks nice but i also think she was pretty with the wider less defined nose she was born with. maybe it is all airbrushing or something, it is a subtle change but its definitely not her natural nose.

I changed jobs, switching to working, on average, 8pm-4am (video editing, NBA), as a result I've changed up my entire eating cycle, sleep cycle, and workout cycle . . . I hit the gym 4 times a week, eat a lot less, and am getting in much better shape. Within the span of a month my body fat has gone down 2% and my bench press is up 40 lbs, no signs of slowing down. I always thought that I'd never get rid of the rest of the fat, actually looked into lipo or some shit, or some random pills (trimspa!) but sometimes just a change of lifestyle can make you get into much better shape.

Surgery is all well and good, but getting rid of that fat makes a big difference too :)

Of course, working lots of weekend nights makes finding new women much tougher :(

Originally posted by somebitch

...you never see an ad with a... flat chested lady...

that's really not true anymore. there are some famous flat-chested women that are viewed as very sexy, such as debra messing, gwen stefani, and kate hudson.

i have a friend who wont wear certain clothes because of her weight, i have a friend who doesnt wear her hair up because of her nose, i know girls who cant wear certain clothes b/c of their breasts...ideally people wouldnt have to worry about this crap. unfortunately some people are not born as lucky as others.

everyone has some features that are better than others; no one has only attributes that "our society" [<-- pick one] deems perfect or even near-perfect. that's why people try to accentuate their best (or favorite) features. the woman who feels she can't go braless because she has big boobs (disadvantage) can also enjoy showing more cleavage than a small-chested woman (advantage). it's all give and take in every single area, if you ask me. everyone just has to work with his/her body, not against it :heart: .

Originally posted by gmccookny

speak for yourself mike

'

i lost 40 lbs back in high school. It wasn't easy, but i persevered, and that gave me a lot of confidence and freedom(literally!)

Call me an idealist, but I believe there are natural ways to being more beautiful. On the surface, it seems like "an easy way out" or a "quick fix" to have surgery done.

But seriously, even if i gained 100lbs, i dont want no overpaid cosmetic surgeon searing his scalpel into my Belgian skin just to make topical adjustments :blank:

..George, sometimes skin doesn't snap back into position....The only reason I'd be getting surgery is so I could NOT look disgusting... Having your entire distended abdomen removed is a bit more serious than a 'topical' adjustment...:jerkoff:...

Originally posted by phuturephunk

..George, sometimes skin doesn't snap back into position....The only reason I'd be getting surgery is so I could NOT look disgusting... Having your entire distended abdomen removed is a bit more serious than a 'topical' adjustment...:jerkoff:...

ehh, topical adjustments :jerkoff: :jerkoff: :laugh2:

But that link that mala posted just proves how frightful and obvious plastic surgery can get.

God, poor courtney love. she used to be cute and crazy. Now she's just ScArY :shake::worry:

any fucking piece of shit whore that gets implants deserves to be :blown:

JK. guess what? each to his own. I think people need to concentrate more on themself & less on what others do or look like.

While we are at it, i think beauty is only skin deep & if i want to get balls deep in some whore with implants its my own business!

JK

Im speaking cryptic today!

Originally posted by gmccookny

ehh, topical adjustments :jerkoff: :jerkoff: :laugh2:

But that link that mala posted just proves how frightful and obvious plastic surgery can get.

God, poor courtney love. she used to be cute and crazy. Now she's just ScArY :shake::worry:

..I think you're missing the point here...All those people are media celebrities that have to stay in that condition (we can argue the morality in this later, but not here..) in order to stay in the public spotlight... Thats a game that they choose to participate in and then they're required to keep up with the standards if they're to continue getting paid for being on the television set...

.. Me having the last remnants of a problem that has plagued me for so long removed is a completely different story... I'm not doing it to keep up with some kind of beauty standard, I'd be doing it so I could look at my body unclothed and not be completely disgusted with it.. Something that, in my case, could not be achieved with exercize and diet alone...

Originally posted by tommyarmani

phuturepunk,

how am i mising your point? If you want to hold a grudge from the previous post where i called you out for your lack of emotion, thats fine by me!

2 can play this game!

If you read between the lines i just might have agreed with you! :eek:

...I'm talking to George, not you ya knucklehead!...:tongue:...

Hey george,

Hey mike,

My aunt had a mastectomy and she had cosmetic surgery. Do you feel she is an insecure people that shouldnt be so caught up in what others think?

Whats the difference if your insecurity is due to a medical condition or some other deep seated issue?

what if there was no insecurity & she just was vain!

All im saying is that i have fucked flat chested girls & big chested girls, natural & enhanced. cant we all just get along?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Originally posted by tommyarmani

Hey george,

Hey mike,

My aunt had a mastectomy and she had cosmetic surgery. Do you feel she is an insecure people that shouldnt be so caught up in what others think?

Whats the difference if your insecurity is due to a medical condition or some other deep seated issue?

what if there was no insecurity & she just was vain!

All im saying is that i have fucked flat chested girls & big chested girls, natural & enhanced. cant we all just get along?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

exactly.

i think we would be stupid to say that someone out there with absent breasts has any more right to feel badly about her breasts than someone with a tiny A cup. it is all about how you feel about yourself. i am sure there are girls who never developed breasts that live normal lives & arent so bothered by this and theres probably some girls with a B cup who cant be comfortable with anyone. who are we to say how someones body impacts them.

then again, i do think that if small breasts are your biggest issue, youre pretty damned lucky. some people have issues that cant be fixed with surgery, like paralysis. sometimes people just cant put things in perspective.