Clubplanet Nightlife Community

If you could change one thing about yourself...

Destiny

Originally posted by dgmodel

i agree with you on that... however you can alter your behaviour and curtail your usage... you can avoid situation that might lead to you put your lips on the glass dick... follow??? its similar to the hole in the ozone... in regards to this one... you cannot change the fact that theres a hole there... however you change what you do to avoid making it bigger... and that is CHANGE... change change change is more than just a few coins in your pocket... its a form of bettering yourself and society... IMO.

Well , yea ... you can change your behaviour but I don't think you can change the personality quality that led you to that particular behaviour in the first place. Like if you're depressed you can do things about the depression like go on medication and so forth but you will always be prone to depression. OK, dealing with your problems IS change but your problems are still there and have to be dealt with everyday of your life. Like if you were to stop smoking crack, for example, You will still have the addiction within you even though you stopped. You've changed your behaviour but that underlieing problem is still there. Dealing with that problem is the hardest part about change because the behaviour isn't the problem. That problem, in my opinion, is part of who you are, and I believe that it doesn't go away, it has to be dealt with on a daily basis. Or if you're shy you can deal with the shyness, on a daily basis but you will still have that quality within you. You may be able to be more outgoing and friendly while dealing with being shy, but you will always have a tendency to withdraw. I mean everyday you would have to put in the effort to be more engaging. In other words, you can change your behaviour but you can never change who you are.

I don't neccessarily disagree with all of you but I just see my, and yours for that matter, personality as an unchangable entity. If it were changable we wouldn't be unique, I think we would lose our individuality if our personalities were changable. Just my 2 cents.