Clubplanet Nightlife Community

track of the year!?

eKiTeL

my vote (at the moment) would have to go to Mauro Picotto's New Time New Place... I'm not a big Picotto fan but this track embodies all of the best of what's been moving me this year, bangin' Techno, not too hard, with a definite Trancey edge, with just a touch of Benny Bennassi Satisfaction style electro thrown in for good measure, this is an anthem that'll be rockin floors for years to come! although there are some other more interesting underground tracks that came out, this one just really stands out and grabs my attention, and even our (somewhat) mis-guided Trance heads can dig it too!

anybody else to care to cast a vote?

peace...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

:laugh: :laugh:

Whats so funny? I second that nomination, and would like to add that Gabriel & Dresden were amongst the best producers this year. Whether you like their style or not, you can't deny the fact that they're talented producers. The hype sorrounding these guys this year came from one too many good sources, and not just from the media that hyped up too many retro electro 80s clashes.

im just going to name my top five

iz & diz - love it, dub it

tomaz vs filterheadz - sunshine (scumfrog mix)

blue haze - greedy planet

dj chus & david penn ft. caterina - baila (peter tha zouk mix)

depeche mode - only when i lose myself (lexicon ave vocal mix)

wonder what my fav type of music is...lol...

Originally posted by CHRles

Whats so funny? I second that nomination, and would like to add that Gabriel & Dresden were amongst the best producers this year. Whether you like their style or not, you can't deny the fact that they're talented producers. The hype sorrounding these guys this year came from one too many good sources, and not just from the media that hyped up too many retro electro 80s clashes.

:aright:

Originally posted by CHRles

Good post.

I guess in this case we would have to make many different threads:

Best HOUSE track of the year

Best TRANCE track of the year

Best PRORESSIVE track of the year

Best TECHNO track of the year

And so on......

GOD forbid a trance track would be the best of the year.....or somethign that sounds like it :rolleyes:

maybe the best commercial anthem track should be as the rush comes.

top 5 for 2003

1. benny benassi "satisfaction" (robbie rivera mix)

2. james talk "eggs are cute" (dave robertson mix)

3. meat katie & dark globe "feel it" (2003 edit)

4. presslaboys "lookin for an escape route"

5. unkle "eye for an eye" (tyrant mix) & cpen "follow the shine" (pt.2)

this year there were so many tracks that moved me and made me dance my arse off. whether it may be in my bedroom or on the dancefloor. i discovered the beauty of tech house, with electro funky beats along with breaks.:D

Ok..not really a dance track..but when I think of 2003..I don't know why ..but I think of COLDPLAY " Clocks "...there are sooo many dope tracks out there now...and this pass year there has been sooo much qaulity music out there...CRAZY!! ..From euro clash..to tech-house..to deep house...to some intelligent breaks...to the prog. house sound...sometimes..tribal, hard n dark..too melodic stuff..2003 was a good year for electronic dance music...

Sander Klienenberg - Work To Do

Depeche Mode- Only When I lose myself

Sexonwax featuring Princess something???--Do It Like a Robot-- Track 6 on Howells 24:7 Never heard a club blow up like Arc ( not a stupid name its an abreveation knumbnuts) when he dropped that at the 24:7 realese party

Originally posted by eKiTeL

my vote (at the moment) would have to go to Mauro Picotto's New Time New Place... I'm not a big Picotto fan but this track embodies all of the best of what's been moving me this year, bangin' Techno, not too hard, with a definite Trancey edge, with just a touch of Benny Bennassi Satisfaction style electro thrown in for good measure, this is an anthem that'll be rockin floors for years to come! although there are some other more interesting underground tracks that came out, this one just really stands out and grabs my attention, and even our (somewhat) mis-guided Trance heads can dig it too!

anybody else to care to cast a vote?

peace...

Its a kick ass track but my fav will always be BAGUETTE daaaaaaaaam that shyt is off da chain ! ! ! ! (and yes,I know its not new):D