Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Privilege resident sessions

eKiTeL

Armando destroyed that room last night, great Techno set, the best I've heard him play ever... so any of you Techno heads out there this is a heads up, you don't need to wait for their headliners in order to experience some great Techno, the residents are taking up the slack nicely in between ;)

left at 3:00 and Beto had yet to go on so I can't comment on his set

special guest wishlist for Privilege

Stryke!

Sven Vath

Alter Ego

Leandro Gamez

Phil Kieran

Slam

Funk d'Void

and a bunch of others I can't think of at the moment :tongue:

I would add to the wishlist some or ALL of these...

Doc Martin

Richie Hawtin

Laurent Garnier! <------ !!

Derrick May

Jeff Mills

Ken Ishii

And I will insist on SVEN VATH!!! <---- !!!!!

Oh, 2004 would be AWESOME!! :eek:

It would be a Privilege to have these masters right here on the beach... Bring on the Techno-Electro-Funk!! :D

Peace!!

Mp3.-:smoke:

Good to hear Armando rockin' it. I saw the lineups for the next two months and I was quite impressed.

Rino Ceronne on Jan 31st.

Acquaviva on Feb 7th :)

My short wish list.

Stryke .. I heard ripped it up in DR

Laurent Garnier

Carl Cox

Bryan Zentz

Richie Hawtin

Magda

Daniel Bell

DJ Rolando

Slam

Funk D'void

Matthew Dear

in the mean time check out Armando and Beto, we're really fortunate to have these guys right here rockin' it out every week, and there's no door attitude either, definitely no better value around for your Saturday night entertaiment, Friday's too I think, though I would suggest they go for something a little more housey on Fridays, and give some other locals a chance (wink wink ;) )

Laurent Garnier, Terry Francis(believe it or not...he plays some hard tech house and techno too), Stryke, Ricardo Villalobos & Richie Hawtin (together), Danilo Vigorito(heard he teared things up last time). These dj's...in no specific order is my wish list for 04'.

Laurent Garnier would def. be on the top of my list. I actually thought about the drive up to Atlanta to see him play, but since visa issues prevented him from entering the country, it was a no-go. This is someone that I've never had the pleasure of hearing live much to my disappointment.

Richie Hawtin would follow up on my wish list for the '04. He's obviously someone who needs no introduction. A techno stalwart who's a pure musical genious. He's rocked floors from Berlin to Tokyo. Do I need to go on?

Barada would be on the top of my list too. I missed him when he played in Tampa a couple of months back. I regret not having any days off at work, I heard it was a show and a half.

Our own local techno guru, DJ Stryke would be next on my wish list. This man IS Miami techno. I've had the utmost pleasure of knowing him for a few years and I've learned alot from him as I was almost completely oblivious to this genre before I heard him and eventually met him as a person. A Stryke residency would most certainly fit the bill perfetly @ Privilege. I don't understand why it hasn't happened.

other's that I would def. love to see...

Magda. this chick fucking r0x! .. check out her recent Warm Art mix... smooth like butta.

Speedy J. Oh yes. Speedy is the word.

Matthew Dear. I missed his set @ I/O Lounge a few months back when he came down. I'm still kicking myself in the ass for not being able to go. mimimal goodness at it's best.

Sven 'fucking' Vath. His Cocoon parties were amazing. Would you expect anything less?

Chilean born producer and DJ, Ricardo Villalobos. This is someone who's been coming of age in the past year. I've been collecting some of his older productions recently since I've been 'behind the game' sorta speak. 808 The Bassqueen is fucking blinding. It's a few years old but classic!

Funk D'void. Especially now with his full Soma release coming up, it would be an ideal booking. This is someone that I've enjoyed for a few years already. One of the first records that I ever purchased was a Funk D'void remix off of F-111.. I can't recall the title cuz it's been quite awhile and I gave it away as a present, which I fully regret at this point but it was a sound that really intrigued me and opened me up.

Dave Clarke doesn't play the US very often but that would be cool.

Speedy J is only a live performance artist. That would fuckin be great.

Short term I'd be happy with just hearing Stryke. He's been pushing techno in miami for so long I think its a travesty he hasn't played at privilege yet.

You guys are posting some awesome suggestions. Let's see what the privilege do :)

Originally posted by digital7

Richie Hawtin would follow up on my wish list for the '04. He's obviously someone who needs no introduction.

Our own local techno guru, DJ Stryke would be next on my wish list. This man IS Miami techno. A Stryke residency would most certainly fit the bill perfetly @ Privilege. I don't understand why it hasn't happened.

Richie can get costly...I don't see them booking him for a bit, outside of conference.

Greg's got a residency coming up at another venue, as you probably know. :cool:

Originally posted by eKiTeL

yeah all those shows will or would be great, but in the meantime check out the residents, you don't need to wait for a big name from out of town to hear some great Techno! ;)

On Saturdays, I will be living at Privilege!

Originally posted by pod

Richie can get costly...I don't see them booking him for a bit, outside of conference.

Greg's got a residency coming up at another venue, as you probably know. :cool:

Richie is costly, that's for sure. But I'm sure he's someone that would attract alot of attention down here simply becuase he never comes down here.

About Greg, yes.. but Privilege has been open for a couple of months already. He should have been in there from the get go which is what I was originally trying to say. It's just my humble opinion though.

Great suggestions guys...a few of those people mentioned may be making pitstops through here in the near future ;)

Thanks for the props Eric , hopefully we can get a locals night going...you're at the top of the list man.

As for the Stryke situation, without going into details that don't need to be discussed, I will offer this; No one has worked harder to try to bring techno to the masses here in Miami than Greg has. He is a personal inspiration and is loved & respected by clubbers & industry people alike. I've seen him play his heart out from anywhere to a packed superclub to a handful of people in a lounge somewhere. It is disheartening to hear how much praise he gets on these forums only to see the same few people actually show up to his gigs.

The ball is in your court people. As many of you know has has a major residency coming up. Don't just talk about supporting him. DO IT.

Originally posted by armand1210

As for the Stryke situation, without going into details that don't need to be discussed, I will offer this; No one has worked harder to try to bring techno to the masses here in Miami than Greg has. He is a personal inspiration and is loved & respected by clubbers & industry people alike. I've seen him play his heart out from anywhere to a packed superclub to a handful of people in a lounge somewhere. It is disheartening to hear how much praise he gets on these forums only to see the same few people actually show up to his gigs.

The ball is in your court people. As many of you know has has a major residency coming up. Don't just talk about supporting him. DO IT.

WERD!

I hope to be making more trips to Priviledge in the future, this is one bad ass venue with bad ass djs! Keep it up!