Clubplanet Nightlife Community

bored at work

deepfunk

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by bluecenterstar

man weyes... i'll cross my fingers harder... bummer ... maybe you should drop them an email or send them a thankyou note!

yeah, i'm wondering if i should give them a call, or if that's being too pushy... what does one do about this stuff when they said they'd "be calling back in the first week in march"?

Originally posted by weyes

yeah, i'm wondering if i should give them a call, or if that's being too pushy... what does one do about this stuff when they said they'd "be calling back in the first week in march"?

do a follow up call or email. I think its reasonable...

Originally posted by tequiza

do a follow up call or email. I think its reasonable...

thanks. yeah, i should - i'm not sure whom to... two people interviewed me at the same time, but i got the feeling that hr peeps are doing the hiring at the end. i really dunno :worry: ... i guess i should go to one of the interviewers... which do you think is better, call or e-mail?

i'd say call first, it's more personal. if you don't reach them, then hit them with a follow up email saying that you had tried to reach them via phone and you are interested in finding out where things stand with the job opportunity. if they said they'd call in the first week it seems appropriate for you to be checking in with them now.

but that's just me.

Originally posted by deepfunk

anytime. i hope it helps. good luck. my fingers are starting to turn red from being crossed for you. it makes it tough to type too.

:tongue:

aww - thanks :kiss2: .

i'm just feeling so stressed, with the move and all this uncertainty... the job i have now is in santa monica, which is a long ways from orange (and that's beside the fact that i don't wanna work where i do anymore :( ). my soon-to-be roommate keeps telling me i should ask for a transfer to a store down by orange, but i don't want to do that if i'm gonna get hired by his company, and i feel like asking for a transfer would jinx that somehow :worry: ... too much is up in the air; i'm not good in situations like this :hey: .

Linkin park rocked... ... are you telling me Deepfunk that once again we were in the same area without finding eachother..?? what is wrong with us???? I assumed you were going to be there...

I had a blast.. i sooo wanted to do some mosh pit dancing yo! I could have let all my anger and angst out on them!!!

Come on WEYEs!! Let's get a job.. my advice... if you know you can transfer to a store in orange do it... i don't think it'll jinx anything maybe it'll make the other company decide !!!

Good LUCK *HUGS*!

poo - i didn't get the job. it turns out that they had been in such immediate need of people that they hired a buttload of temps for the meantime. but after starting interviews, they decided that they just might as well keep the temps, since they already had been trained :( .

i'm gonna transfer to another store, but i can already tell that the stores from which i have to choose have huge sticks up their asses. they were looking at the percentages of what i sell compared to whatever and hoozywhatsis and they didn't like my whatchamicallits... long story. seriously, these people need to get over themselves and realize that this is just retail!!! besides, how many warranties i sell doesn't determine my value as an employee. and you try selling them to tourists (my store is in santa monica, and i'd say 3/4 of our clientele is from out of the country)!

i'm really bummed :( . i need a job that'll let me comfortably pay my bills :( (and buy blue/shorty some white russians ;) ). if anyone hears of anything, please let me know!