Clubplanet Nightlife Community

bored at work

deepfunk

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by deepfunk

sorry weyes. i'll keep an ear out for any retail gigs. do you have any other specialties or interests?...

o, no - i want out of retail :no: !!!

i have a bachelor of fine arts in photography from calarts and was a photo researcher for corbis outline when i moved home to new york. i just couldn't find anything when i moved out here again. anything having to do with photo, printmaking, silkscreen, art at all, newspapers/magazines... i've wanted to take pics of the club scene as a profession for the longest time but haven't found a way to do that and get paid, yet :hey: . if anyone has any leads on anything, especially the last part, please let me know!!!

alrighty then!! trouble it is!!! okay just asking about the band because I was given a ticket to go to the viper room in april some sunday and I didn't want to just go by myself if they're going to suck and I only got one ticket!! oh well :)

Originally posted by deepfunk

...weyes - i deal with photographers and their reps all the time. if i hear of anything i'll let you know.

hey, shorty, it just hit me, why have i never seen you drinking a white russian? do you drink those when you're in a more lounge or bar-type setting?

Hey everyone, im back from WMC, had a blast. Well i was back a couple days ago. lol. But now im stuck at my desk again writing for the magazine. Man, being an editor involves lots of typing. lol

Good to see u guys again.

You get that job weyes??

Originally posted by phobik

Hey everyone, im back from WMC, had a blast...

You get that job weyes??

glad to hear you had a good time at wmc :) . hope you wore your sunscreen :tongue: !

and, as shorty (that's bluecenterstar!) said, i didn't get the job :( . but you work in publishing, eh? for what magazine do you work? i was a photo researcher for corbis outline (the stock photo agency) when i lived in new york. do you know of any photo/research-related positions around?

Originally posted by weyes

glad to hear you had a good time at wmc :) . hope you wore your sunscreen :tongue: !

and, as shorty (that's bluecenterstar!) said, i didn't get the job :( . but you work in publishing, eh? for what magazine do you work? i was a photo researcher for corbis outline (the stock photo agency) when i lived in new york. do you know of any photo/research-related positions around?

awwe, well better luck next time!!!. Oh thats cool. Well i work for DUB magazine. Anyone heard of it?? Its a car magazine. And as of right now i dont know any positions but i can look and ask around for you if u want.....

awwe, well better luck next time!!!. Oh thats cool. Well i work for DUB magazine. Anyone heard of it?? Its a car magazine. And as of right now i dont know any positions but i can look and ask around for you if u want.....

i just checked out the website; it's really gorgeous :aright: . i'd be much obliged for any help :D .

Originally posted by weyes

i just checked out the website; it's really gorgeous :aright: . i'd be much obliged for any help :D .

thanx guys for the comments. and weyes i think i can help u in what your looking for. just need to make a a couple phone calls. pm me with what u actually do and/or wanna do.

thanx guys for the comments. and weyes i think i can help u in what your looking for. just need to make a a couple phone calls. pm me with what u actually do and/or wanna do.

Pass some of those cool dub giveaways - bumper stickers, etc -- this way lol :D

Sorry to hear about your lost Deepfunk. I've had a number of losses throughout my time. And regardless of how close you were to that person (or not close), its always hard.

Thus I take that to mind and spend as much time as I can with my nieces. They're family after all. Took them to Big Bear and Knotts over the weekend. Exhausting, but rewarding. Really dampening my plans for fatherhood though...kids are sooooo attention craving and needy in general. Case in point: While at Knotts I keep asking the kids throughout the day if they need to use the restroom. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. But if I don't ask they won't tell me when they need to go. That plus all the excitement sometimes kids just conveniently forget to go before the faucet starts to drip. On the last ride, just before we are leaving, the youngest couldn't hold it anymore and just went on the ride. I felt sorry for the poor sap that got that seat after her....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: