Clubplanet Nightlife Community

bored at work

deepfunk

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rainbow is right next door to the Roxy. It's sort of a famous old rock & roll hang out. Lots of old Gold and Platinum records on the walls. Decent food, good drinks.

B-Real from Cypress Hill is there on the patio drinking and smoking blunts every single night.

Nice... hmm.. well then i'll have to check it out soon.. I love food! IN fact I need to know of a place to go to tomorrow with a friend.. casual dining .. something scrumptious.. thinking of pasta...

any ideas.. ooh i could go for a chocolate martini right now...

C & O Trattoria on Washington in Venice is really good Italian. They have really good house wine too!

Do you like Argentinian food? Lala's Grill on Melrose is Awesome as well. Really tasty, healthy food and the best Sangrias in town.

Wow I guess I'm a bit of a boozer myself, haha!

Versailles on La Cienega has great Cuban food.

I always take my DJ friends from out of town to these spots.

Ohh lala's sounds great!

haha.. see we're all deep down inside boozers.. it's just sometimes hard to actually admit it....

I don't drink much either compared to my many friends in Wisconsin.. I grew up drinking.. only thing to do besides the cow tipping and prank phone callin.. :D

okay i can't work anymore I'm going to pass out!

ttytomorrow! have fun at roxy tonight!

i wear more alcohol than i drink :rolleyes: . man, am i sick of that. i drink about thrice a year. new year's was bad; i had a glass of champagne and some freak on the dancefloor spilled half of it on my friend and me :mad: .

i never go out to eat, and when i do, it's to the same places. one place i haven't been to since i moved back but that i always loved during college is the california chicken cafe; there are a few of them, but the one i always went to is on melrose somewhere. the yummiest wraps - really tasty. they weren't boring, like wraps can be. i don't know why i don't just go on back there... if i went down to melrose, though, i'd probably be too tempted to go clothes shopping :worry: ...

The Roxy was good. The band is from San Diego and they had a ton of kids come up for the show. They are young but they show promise. There were reps from tons of labels there to see them, but I was first on them so that should help me if I decide to try to sign them. Unfortunately there's lots of drama involved with the band, stuff you guys wouldn't believe!! :eek:

I caught a quick drink before next door at the Rainbow and then headed back over with friends for a bite afterwards.

Blue, I thought you had a dinner set up with a friend?

Weyes, I used to go to that Cal. Chicken Cafe on Melrose. It's really good. There's one by my work in Santa Monica as well. Until I moved a month ago, there was one about a block from my apt in Sherman Oaks too.

deepfunk!

you got it.. dinner tonight in old town pasadena.. now where to go.. i don't want to spend mucho money . so we'll see where we end up... i like that area .. it's cute!

Good news to hear about the band! Good luck on signing them. In milwaukee, i had a few friends who were in some rock bands and i heard all types of stuff about how they really hated each other but they really love playing with each other.. blah blah.. I've never seen so many men act like little school girls! :D

Originally posted by deepfunk

I caught a quick drink before next door at the Rainbow and then headed back over with friends for a bite afterwards.

DF - Does the Roxy still do that strange cover thang of charging $10 for cover and giving you two drink tickets worth $10-12?

Blue - Haha, if it was only that simple. If you're interested I'll PM you the drama, it's waaaay next level!

I actually went to see a band a couple of summers ago in Milwaukee.

As for old town eats, I would recommend the following:

Gordon Biersch Brewery - good food, really good beer, reasonable prices.

El Cholo - Good mexican food and great Margaritas!

Damn there I go showing my boozer roots again!

I have to figure out where I'm going to dinner tonight with my friend. It's got to be somewhere in Hollywood, I've got another band to see tonight at the Knitting Factory.

lalate - do you mean the Roxy or Rainbow? Rainbow does that. It's like $5 at the door, then they give you a drink ticket. I was listed at the Roxy so I'm not sure about them.

I love drama... :) especially if it doesn't include me! :D

Oooh good choices for eats.. sorry i don't have any for hollywood I don't get out much but if we were talking about Milwaukee then I'd be Ms. Info!

I like gordon biersch.. that sounds good actually.. i want to get a few martini's too.. woo hoo.. hopefully i stay away from drinking too much ... :D

wow.. i'm actually doing work today.. i can't believe it.!

do you ever get bored checking out new bands???

Exhausted .... but really excited ....

Been working alllllll weekend with staff on the launch of new ??Late.com and preparing for the ??Late 4-City Tour that kicks off with Carmen Electra later this week in Hollywood .... delays just about to be announced.

It was great.. I drank until 10 in the morning on sunday :D

woo hoo... dang packers lost :( bummer big time.. i'm still a little affected by the game but I'll get over it...

making some big decisions tonight with the significant other so my weekend was more thinking of what i'm going to say than partying... :(

lalate - Good luck with your launch, hope the tour with Carmen goes well.

blue - where did you end up eating on Fri? Yeah sorry about the Packers, I've got a few friends from WI that are big fans. My friend plays on the Eagles so I was happy. Things a bit rocky with the boy? I'm just on the other side of a break up of a long term relationship, no fun. Hang in there.