Clubplanet Nightlife Community

E-a-g-l-e-s Eagles!!!

djprotege

What a game...one of the best football games I've seen in a long time. McNabb is the friggin' man...showed why he is one of the best in the league. We got a lot of help from the Pack on this one though. 4th and 26, and that interception by Favre...what the hell was he thinking?

...i wouldnt be overly happy if i were an eagles fan...you didnt win convincingly in my book...great game, no doubt...but i'd be worried about carolina and ultimately who you might have to deal with afc-wise if you get passed next week...i dont think the eagles are super bowl champ material...imo...

Originally posted by vicman

i have no idea what favre was thinking when he threw that pass. i was convinced that the packers were just going to continue running the ball down the eagles throats until they got into field goal range.

...bad call by brett...as well as them not going for it on 4th and 1...they panned the camera over to brett when philly was mounting that drive in the fourth - you could tell he just knew it was over...

Originally posted by phatman

...i wouldnt be overly happy if i were an eagles fan...you didnt win convincingly in my book...great game, no doubt...but i'd be worried about carolina and ultimately who you might have to deal with afc-wise if you get passed next week...i dont think the eagles are super bowl champ material...imo...

Convincingly? This is the playoffs...you dont have to win convincingly. All you have to do is win...and they did that. They'll handle Carolina no problem. Especially is Stephen Davis isnt playing...he's the only thing I'm worried about with their weak run defense. But I'm sure they'll take Carolina and we'll finally get to the Superbowl. But thats when I start worrying. Either Indy or New England will be a very tough game.

Originally posted by djprotege

Convincingly? This is the playoffs...you dont have to win convincingly. All you have to do is win...and they did that. They'll handle Carolina no problem. Especially is Stephen Davis isnt playing...he's the only thing I'm worried about with their weak run defense. But I'm sure they'll take Carolina and we'll finally get to the Superbowl. But thats when I start worrying. Either Indy or New England will be a very tough game.

I wouldn't look past Carolina if I were you. I think it will be a close game. That regular season game between philly and carolina could have easily went carolina's way, had they made a field goal or two. Also, I think you need to worry about Carolina's running game regardless if Stephen Davis is playing or not. Deshaun Foster played great against the rams.

Originally posted by happyface

Best game you ever seen? :rolleyes:

I said one of the best games I've seen in a long time...definatley not the best ever.

And skince...I dont play for the Eagles so I dont have to worry about looking past the Panthers. :) Andy Reid won't let them look over the Panthers. Gonna be a good game regardless...

mcnabb gave up, he should have watched the bart starr story on espn classic the other day to see what it means to suck it up when your team needs you.

and i hope this doesnt sound racist, but why is it that doug williams is the only black quarterback that has ever been able to win a superbowl? with all due respect to mcnair who can lead any team of mine anytime, anywhere.

The Philadelphia Story: Futility

I28413-2004Jan18L

No town in sports is as heavy as Philadelphia. It's the city of dead weight, of bad memories, of easily lost faith and inbred accusation. Philly fans make fatalistic Bostonians look like they just left a seven-day positive-thinking seminar. Every athlete here, especially the perpetually overburdened Eagles, might as well wear saddlebags. The bigger the game, the more "weight" of hometown negativity must be carried. When a trip to the Super Bowl is at stake, each Iggle might as well have a bowling ball strapped to each ankle.

They could have told you before this NFC championship game began. Call it a special form of bitter precognition. The result had to be this way -- a raw, futile, disgusting choke job. They knew that Donovan McNabb would throw three interceptions, tying his worst total ever. And all of the picks would be thrown to a rookie. By the end, McNabb would be so battered he couldn't play the last quarter. And, for the third straight year, the Eagles would lose the NFC championship game. No trip to the Super Bowl. No NFL title for the 43rd straight year. Worst of all, the Panthers, whoever they are, got an ugly 14-3 victory.

Full article

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28238-2004Jan18.html