Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Jobs.....

Originally posted by highmay

I love to see what working women think of this thread. Why do you ask them if they all get the jobs they want because they're women. Great line of thinking. :rolleyes:

If you go on cragis list or village voice you will see many many ads that are for women only. Not that I would argue with it, the people go where the beautiful women are. It has screwed me over but it is understandable.

its certainly more difficult for a guy to get a host job at a restaurant or something like that...and generally true for bartending as well since guys buy more drinks on average than women...but other fields - particularly business fields - women have it tougher so go figure..

Originally posted by barvybe

its certainly more difficult for a guy to get a host job at a restaurant or something like that...and generally true for bartending as well since guys buy more drinks on average than women...but other fields - particularly business fields - women have it tougher so go figure..

True. I'm just trying to think if i would rather hire a hot ass 22 year old girl or some dude.

Originally posted by bbbooom

I MUST SAY AFTER MUCH SEARCHING I FIND IT IS

1- EASIER FOR LADYS TO OBTAIN EMPLOYMENT, NO MATTER HAT THEIR BACKGROUND/ EXPERIENCE

AND

2- NUMBER 1 DOESNT MATTER BECAUSE EVERY JOB I SEE LISTED SAYS [[[HIRING... BLAH .. BLAH .. FEMALES ONLY]]]

:rolleyes::mad:

aww, i hope u get a job soon....im sure u will :isok:

it took me less than a month to find a new job :D

hi all,

i live in austria (vienna) and have plans of moving to NYC in june 05 for 14 months (doin some social work over there).

i work as a bartender at a poshy bar here in vienna while i take my studies. do you know where i can find a well-payed part-time job in NYC? any suggestions, any ideas?

what net loan could i expect per hour? i'll bring the a-levels with me when i come to NY.

do you think NYC is an expensive place to live? what entry fees do you normally pay for going out? how much are the drinks (some examples pls :-)).

i already surfed the net looking for appartments - they all were quite expensive, seems like housing in NYC isn't cheap. but what are about the daily stuff like sushi, drinks ... especially the public transportation: how much is a ticket for one month or one year? do you have "nightlines" in NYC, wich bring you through the night?

thanks for your reply,

stefan

Originally posted by seanvie

hi all,

i live in austria (vienna) and have plans of moving to NYC in june 05 for 14 months (doin some social work over there).

i work as a bartender at a poshy bar here in vienna while i take my studies. do you know where i can find a well-payed part-time job in NYC? any suggestions, any ideas?

what net loan could i expect per hour? i'll bring the a-levels with me when i come to NY.

do you think NYC is an expensive place to live? what entry fees do you normally pay for going out? how much are the drinks (some examples pls :-)).

i already surfed the net looking for appartments - they all were quite expensive, seems like housing in NYC isn't cheap. but what are about the daily stuff like sushi, drinks ... especially the public transportation: how much is a ticket for one month or one year? do you have "nightlines" in NYC, wich bring you through the night?

thanks for your reply,

stefan

dont try to jack my thread make your own....

ps bring lots of $$

ps bring lots of $$

hahaha

ATTN: seanvie

new york city is real expenxive.. also im in the social work field and it sucks.. pay is shitty and this is NEW YORK CITY!! you are dealing with the bottom of the barrel when it comes to social work... the things i've seen... wow:eek: :eek: it's prompted me to change fields.. im going back to school.. stay away from social work in nyc

Originally posted by nybeauty

aww, i hope u get a job soon....im sure u will :isok:

it took me less than a month to find a new job :D

yea and at this rate i wont get ajob.. and sorry the other day when u imed me i wasnt there sum1 else was at the compppp:D

In all seriousness the job market in new york is horrible for everybody. I work in construction management. After Sep 11th we laid off alot of people. Things are picking up now. What i see happening in my firm is pretty depressing tho. Basicly they're hiring back some people who were laid off back then at much lower rates. I know alot of people who were laid off that couldn't even find a new job. They exhausted all of their unemployment checks and are working odd jobs just to pay their rent. Some of them are even on welfare now. People don't really realize the impact that this city has suffered in terms of job losses. I'm sure its the same in other industries also.

i just graduated from an school last week i was in audio and music production and ive sent out sooooo many resumes and cover letters to studios just for an internship and not one call back

now iam even sending my resume to record labels and production companys so far ive gotten one call back and i have gotten one interview and they said they will call me, but iam not gettin my hopes up

it really sucks its like iam an ex con or somethin no one wants to be bothered with me and this is just for an internship not even a job :(

Originally posted by aystar

i just graduated from an school last week i was in audio and music production and ive sent out sooooo many resumes and cover letters to studios just for an internship and not one call back

now iam even sending my resume to record labels and production companys so far ive gotten one call back and i have gotten one interview and they said they will call me, but iam not gettin my hopes up

it really sucks its like iam an ex con or somethin no one wants to be bothered with me and this is just for an internship not even a job :(

Its a hard industry to get into. Your best shot at getting into it is to show up on person and volunteer your services. I don't know of many companies that will turn down free or really cheap help. There are lots of people waiting in line for opportunities in the music industry and only a small minority ever makes a career out of it.

Originally posted by seanvie

but what are about the daily stuff like sushi, drinks ... especially the public transportation: how much is a ticket for one month or one year? do you have "nightlines" in NYC, wich bring you through the night?

thanks for your reply,

stefan

club entrance fees can be anywhere between $0 and $50 depending on the events. average is about $15

drink prices are $7 and up in clubs, cheaper at bars.

one month Metrocard (for public transit)-$70

i have no clue what a "nightline" is....:confused:

ps bring lots of $$

i don't try to jack anything ... i just think it's more useful to have one thread about the topic "jobs" than ten.

... work at a nightclub

maybe i would be qualified for that, but i would favor to work as a secretair or anything less exhausting.

do i have to be over 21 yrs old to work at a nightclub in NYC?