Clubplanet Nightlife Community

a&f...

dgmodel

Originally posted by somebitch

lol. i think youre a bit old to be shopping in that teeny bopper store...

lol... me too... but if hemingway wore it into his old i age i think i could into my thirties... lol their jeans (when in stock) fit me great... and its great hanging around the house or bar gear... you know??? one store i feel extremely self concious about shopping in is pac-sun...

Originally posted by kitty19

i hate a&f with a passion (particularly since i found their shirts to be rather racist and retarded).

that is all. :blown:

but maybe the way you feel about a&f is the way some might feel about you using the word "retard" in a derogatory manner...

Originally posted by dgmodel

wtf do their jeans run so damn small... and on top of that shrink in the wash???

I have the same damn problem - I have four pairs of jeans that lost a little length... :what: I thought I grew and it was me... thankfully someone else had that problem.

As for the racist comment - how are there shirts racist? Because they have references/slogans concerning schools? :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by captainpec

As for the racist comment - how are there shirts racist? Because they have references/slogans concerning schools? :laugh: :laugh:

are you kidding me?

shirts:

http://www.petitiononline.com/BCAF/petition.html

http://www.uwire.com/content/topops050302001.html

hiring practice:

http://www.afjustice.com/

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/12/05/60minutes/main587099.shtml

That's hilarious... I actually have that "Two Wongs" t-shirt in my closet... I'll post a pic later.

Please don't tell me you have never made a racist joke in your life or as a child, you never laughed at a joke with (i.e.) A Jew, A Spaniard and A Black were walking up a mountain and...

Jokes are all the same either way you look at it - people need to stop throwing stones if they are guilty of the same act...

As for Abercrombie not hiring minorities... because they don't have the "white" look they are trying to portray. Who the hell cares - is this going to cure cancer? Is this going to "free Iraq?" In this day and age we need to focus our efforts on more important things and not revolve our lives on one company's business approach or target audience. Marketing is usually focused on your "target audience"... not everyone in the world. How many non-white/blonde hair or brunette ladies between the heights or 5'3" - 5'10" have you seen working at Bebe? Same shit there... ;)

Originally posted by captainpec

As for Abercrombie not hiring minorities... because they don't have the "white" look they are trying to portray. Who the hell cares - is this going to cure cancer? Is this going to "free Iraq?" In this day and age we need to focus our efforts on more important things and not revolve our lives on one company's business approach or target audience. Marketing is usually focused on your "target audience"... not everyone in the world. How many non-white/blonde hair or brunette ladies between the heights or 5'3" - 5'10" have you seen working at Bebe? Same shit there... ;)

Right on. I mean, you don't see anyone complaining about FUBU. For us, by us? And that's not racist? Or how about what Kimora Lee said about her Baby Phat line? Give me a break. I work in advertising, ans yes, marketing does indeed always have a target audience. That is the point. People need to get over it. Not everything can always please everyone.

Originally posted by muzakat

Right on. I mean, you don't see anyone complaining about FUBU. For us, by us? And that's not racist? Or how about what Kimora Lee said about her Baby Phat line? Give me a break. I work in advertising, ans yes, marketing does indeed always have a target audience. That is the point. People need to get over it. Not everything can always please everyone.

...I think the issue was started around the fact that they weren't treating the production and sales employees ALREADY employed right.. Its one thing to have exclusionary hiring practices...but when you make people who are doing very good work for you feel uncomfortable and eventually force them out for someone who's less competant for no other reason then them not being a toe headed white person, then you're playing dirty pool and should be called on it...

I'd reference a booth thread about this (it had inside information in it), but the booth doesn't exist anymore...

Originally posted by dgmodel

and that ladies and gentlemen is the sound of one hand clapping... lol... j/k

thats strange. i dont see 4realhousediva anywhere.

:confused:

anyways, A&F is sooo fucked. Lets see....lawsuits alleging racism....public image hurt by "catalog" fiasco....and same store sales fell 13% in December from last year.

their stock performance reflects it all

blue is Abercrombie's stock, orange is the S&P 500 indes

attachment.php?s=&postid=2018203

I don't know if Abercrombie has a whole lot to worry about for a couple of reasons...

1. The are not a huge clothing retail chain (i.e. Levi's), so they do not benchmark themselves with the performance of the S&P.

2. If you are familiar with accounting for loss contingencies (i.e. lawsuits) they were probably required to accrue for all potential loss contigencies as described earlier. As such, if they operate on a calendar year - these expenses were recorded during the month of December 2003... which would result in "poor" performance... watch the same chart three months from now and you will see the rebound.

;)

NEW ALBANY, Ohio, Jan 08, 2004 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via Comtex/ -- Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE: ANF) today reported net sales of $302.1 million for the five-week period ended January 3, 2004, compared to last year's December sales of $296.0 million. December comparable store sales decreased 13% compared with the five-week period ended January 4, 2003.

Year-to-date, the Company reported a net sales increase of 6% to $1.611 billion from $1.516 billion last year. Comparable store sales decreased 9% for the year-to-date period.

The Company said it expects to report EPS in the range of $0.90 to $0.93 per diluted share for the fiscal fourth quarter.

the company has been around since the late 1800's and will continue to be for some time... and they havent been around this long by being run poorly... granted theyre in some trouble right now however what company doesnt run into some hiccups along the way???

Originally posted by muzakat

I really dont understand why the hell everyone is so uptite about the way abercrombie hires their employees....they have every right to maintain the look they want to portray for their clothes/store......abercrombie is targeted to younger whites, hence their main focus when hiring and shooting models is on good looking younger whites.........and plus like muz said NO one says SHIT about FUBU... people need to relax