Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Help! What is a good restaurant with a good scene?

Working in a hospital, one of the perks of the job is getting taken out by pharmaceutical reps. I need to find a good restaurant with good food (money basically is no object), with a good crowd (maybe a bar within a restaurant)?

So far, the best place I can figure is Asia de Cuba. Do you guys know of some other places? Any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by someclown

Working in a hospital, one of the perks of the job is getting taken out by pharmaceutical reps. I need to find a good restaurant with good food (money basically is no object), with a good crowd (maybe a bar within a restaurant)?

So far, the best place I can figure is Asia de Cuba. Do you guys know of some other places? Any help would be appreciated.

if you don't mind, what company's reps are taking you out?

i work for J&J (tech support)... just curious...

patria is excellent.. if you're looking for more of a scene and less complicated food check out industry... Another great place if you want try something different is TAJ on 21st st. Its a sort of Indian/French fusion place. The food is really good (jean georges and aureole spinoff) and the lounge is really nice....

Hi SomeClown - I'd agree with some of the postings. However, Balthazar would be a big NO..... Very over priced and the food sucks - including their fruit flies. QUITE DISGUSTING!

1. Tao

2. Sushi Samba

3. Nobu

4. Giorgione

5. Jewel Bako

7. Patria

8. Cafe con Leche

9. City Crab

10. Rocco's

Hope you find your way to a productive and delicious meal.... :)

Originally posted by joeg

if you don't mind, what company's reps are taking you out?

i work for J&J (tech support)... just curious...

He is a pharmaceutical rep from a company called Elan. I think it's a pretty small company, but they have some decent selling drugs.

Thanks to all you guys for your suggestions. It's just not every day that you get to go out to any place you want and not have to pay for it. It's like being a kid in candy store.

Originally posted by chelsea17

Hi SomeClown - I'd agree with some of the postings. However, Balthazar would be a big NO..... Very over priced and the food sucks - including their fruit flies. QUITE DISGUSTING!

1. Tao

2. Sushi Samba

3. Nobu

4. Giorgione

5. Jewel Bako

7. Patria

8. Cafe con Leche

9. City Crab

10. Rocco's

How can you say Balthazar sucks but you have Sushi Samba as #2? :confused:

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

Balthazar...one of my fav restaurants....u have awesome taste as ive told u b4

aww, you're too sweet. :aright: i like Pastis better though. btw i didn't check out the Pink sale this past season, did you? ;)

Originally posted by PFloyd40

still a banker at heart i see

gotta talk to you later on if you have a minute!

haha, i suppose you can't take ALL of the banker out of me. yea man we have to catch up sometime! :heart:

Originally posted by kitty19

aww, you're too sweet. :aright: i like Pastis better though. btw i didn't check out the Pink sale this past season, did you? ;)

nope..didnt get to it either.....have u been to Otto? its the same owner as Babbo...i've heard good things about it but havent had a chance to go

1. Tao

2. Sushi Samba

3. Nobu

4. Giorgione

5. Jewel Bako

7. Patria

8. Cafe con Leche

9. City Crab

10. Rocco's

Rocco's as in The Restaurant reality show owner Rocco?? that place is horrendous..i heard such shit reviews...

as for balthazar ..u must be eating at a different one..that place is amazing..their Halibut (and i hate halibut) is the best ive ever tried..and ive tried it many places hoping id find a decent one...

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

Rocco's as in The Restaurant reality show owner Rocco?? that place is horrendous..i heard such shit reviews...

as for balthazar ..u must be eating at a different one..that place is amazing..their Halibut (and i hate halibut) is the best ive ever tried..and ive tried it many places hoping id find a decent one...

yeah... roccos pretty much sucks ass too...

A friend always goes to Rocco's and raves...... That's why its ten.

As far as Balthazar is concerned - any restaurant that includes fruit flies with their meals is quite disgusting.

Sushi Samba - Cooked Appetizers are good. I don't eat Sushi......

Tao is my number one choice - cause it is that good!

I've been to the Woo Lae Oak in the DC area...it's heavenly...there's also one here in NY, so I'd recommend that. HAS anyone been to the one here? I'm curious if it's just as good.

TAJ is nice , dim, and cozy too. It always smells sooo good in there when I stop by for a drink.

A friend always goes to Rocco's and raves...... That's why its ten.

!

:laugh: um we went to rocco's our 10 minute wait to be seated turned intoa 40 minute affair. the big goomba host forgot about us bc he was too busy taking pictures with the tourists... :rolleyes: food was ok but nothing better than any ohter italian rest in the city. my fave italian rest is Acapella yummmee :tongue:

.. i think someclown may be wanting something more on the $$$$ than your Neighboorhood Applebee's fare. :blank: