Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Besides Dance music what do u like to groove to

Bling

I like oldies. in fact. and i dont care what yall say im goin to go see the clay aiken and kelly clarkson concert with a friend :) section 109 row 18 baby :)

american idol rocks.........

who else wants to go or is planning to go to this ? its on feb 28th at the AAA

definitely old skool DISCO! ... i'm Disco-Stu :afro:

i don't think we would have any type of House styles without the Disco in it.. i dont care if anyone objects to that (so piss off)

any Ambience and others like Beck, Bjork (woot woot gotz her DVD Greatest Hits.. i recommend it), Bee Gees, Maxwell, Seal, Rage Against The Machine. (for a more extended list, PM me)

.. and i gotz to add old skool *anything* electronica... we have forgotten about our roots kidz... acid techno, early years of BigBeat! BigBeat 4-life! Chemical Bros

my cd collection is very eclectic..the question for me would be what I dont like...which is low grade, poorly created pop.

Jazz in any and all forms, new, old acid,

Classic rock...led, floyd, mac

most Hip Hop- new, old

old school Bass

Retro, disco, freestyle, electro...mostly anything created in the 80s'...DM, New Order, Erasure, PSB

Kraftwerk, Front 242, early-mid Ministry,Meat Beat some other industrial

Dub, Reggae, and some dancehall...Marley, Tosh, buju..etc

jazzy d&b...

not a huge fan of country...cash and rogers..and a couple of others

Buffet

U2

there's more..but give u an idea..,not a big fan of the Idol created acts..but to each their own...I do think Ruben is good, I like r&b as well

for me it would be stuff like the cure, U2, the smiths, the cucteau twins, slowdive, peter murphy, the smashing pumkins, NIN, front 242, tears for fears, bjork, joy division, new order, depeche mode, the stone roses, janes addiction, radiohead, david grey, john mayer, jonnie michiel(sp?), the cranberries, tori amos etc...

i LOVE ambient & new age!!

i also like old school hip hop. like stuff that was pre-95. BDP, KRS-one, run dmc, tribe called quest, digible planets, de la soul, slick rick, pete rock & cl smooth, gang star, special ed etc...

then i like jazz but not this "smooth jazz" shit...REAL jazz, some blues & then oldies...

all that's on top of all the diffrent styles of electronic music i like.

new 'underground' hiphop

80's hiphop

jazz

oldies

80/early 90's brit rock/pop

idm...good though, i dont like that crazy aphex twin shit

downtempo

alt rock

rock

industrial

dub

reggae

neptunes ;)

spanish pop and jazz

jap rock

aussie hiphop

and some mroe stuffs

-domingo

You're stuck in the Sour Decade. I slept through the 90s. The 90s bored the shit out of me, and the best thing Kurt Cobain did was swallow a shotgun shell, whether his STD-infested whore of a wife did it or not.

"Let's make distorted guitar noises and call it music" Yeah, it's distorted because you suck and your studio engineer couldn't mix a bag of cement.

If anything, I'm an 80s person. That's when the true geniuses of music existed, in rock, dance, and hip-hop...oh and Rick James of course! "cocaine's a helluva drug" *slap*!

Originally posted by fliptoniaaa

ill second that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i groove to sex...thts the other thing i like to groove to...dont worry bling..ur law of averages is coming...just keep goin after them!!!!!!!! ull hit it one day!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

:laugh:

Originally posted by pod

You're stuck in the Sour Decade. I slept through the 90s. The 90s bored the shit out of me, and the best thing Kurt Cobain did was swallow a shotgun shell, whether his STD-infested whore of a wife did it or not.

"Let's make distorted guitar noises and call it music" Yeah, it's distorted because you suck and your studio engineer couldn't mix a bag of cement.

If anything, I'm an 80s person. That's when the true geniuses of music existed, in rock, dance, and hip-hop...oh and Rick James of course! "cocaine's a helluva drug" *slap*!

:laugh: Tell us how u really feel Dan :tongue:

GOOD MUSIC IN GENERAL

From all eras, all styles...

Mozart, The Pixies, The Doors, John Coltrane, Frank Zappa, Del Shannon, Sublime, The Smiths, Stanley Clarke, Primus, The Sex Pistols, Big Audio Dynamite, Beethoven, Indian Music, Nirvana, Led Zeppelin, Incubus, Beastie Boys, Snoop Dogg, Bach, The Animals, Bob Marley, Eminem, The Skatalites, Dave Matthews Band, Jack Johnson, Ben Harper...and thousands more

I have all kinds of music and I enjoy it all alike, everything has a moment and place, so does music...there's a place and a moment for every music.

:cool:

All kinds of music:

Latin rock-La Ley, Shakira, Juanes, Mana, Soda Stereo

Classic and new rock-U2, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, the Clash, Ramones, Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, Staind, Creed, Ozzy Osbourne

Alternative-Cure, NIN, Depeche Mode, New Order

Hip-hop-Public Enemy, RUN-DMC, Eminem, Outkast, LL Cool J: all over hiphop in my opinion is complete and utter shit to me

I also happen to like Garth Brooks, the country singer, but I can't listen to anybody else from that genre.

Good topic....Let's See where do I start....

Pink Floyd...... thanks Danny!! for the introduction

The Doors

Depeche Mode....anything by the them...

New Order

U2........Bono " With or without you "..enough said

The Cure

AudioSlave

Oasis......the earlly stuff

The Neptunes.....anything produced by them sounds FREshhhh

David Grey

Seal

Nirvana

Coldplay

The Strokes

Bob Marley...The man!! The myth ...The LEGEND

The Police.......Danny boy ..again!!

Missy Elliot

Beastie Boys

Kayne West....the future of hip hop...

Dido

Outkast

The White Stripes

Dave Mathews...his solo album...nice

The Beatles

Notorious B.I.G.

Aaliyah.........an angel

Rakim.......the old school stuff

Incubus

...............hmmmmm .. I know I'm missing a couple ....but u get the picture...

Originally posted by obby

I myself love classical music and can ever get enough of groups like The Cure, The Police, Depeche Mode, U2, Nine Inch Nails ect

took the words right out of my mouth!!!

ive also been getting into Massive attack, UNKLE, and Enigma has always been the shiznit...