• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by cnm71

does this place have a site?

www.arcspace.net

Here's Danny's post:

Ladies & gentlemen,

Especially to my wonderful second family here in NYC and abroad, this is the post we have all been hoping would never become a reality. However, as there have been rumors and speculations for quite some time now, the reality has surfaced that 6 Hubert Street, the building that we have grown to love and cherish as "VINYL, and now ARC" is officially being sold and on it's way into new ventures, and after more than two decades, 6 Hubert Street will no longer be a dance venue

As we just celebrated an incredible FIVE YEAR anniversary party, we agreed it would be best to wait until now to make this official closing announcement.

The owners of the building deserve an applause for allowing thousand's and thousand's and thousand's of patrons to enter their doors to BE themselves even long before I came on board. There are not many nightclub owner's that will open their door's without a liquor license knowing how much revenue would NOT be made! Yet, they still provided NYC with one of the finest musical dance venue's left since the days of the Paradise Garage, The Loft and the Original Sound Factory, which were also "non alcohol" parties.

Undoubtedly, this party will BE my most treasured residency in all of my (almost) THREE decades of being a DJ. Although I was only nominated for a Grammy in 2003 for Depeche Mode's "I feel loved", it was "Winning" an award in 2003 for the BEST PARTY in the US from the DanceStar awards in Miami last March titled: Danny Tenaglia presents Be Yourself Friday's. No other award could even come close to what this means to me as I sincerely and humbly accepted this award on behalf of all of you (the patrons) who have made this Be Yourself party what is still is until this very day, and of course, to our wonderful staff and co-employees as well who also cherish working there and make this party a reality every weekend, including Arc on Saturday's and MADE events.

Once again, WE are nominated this year again for the same award for:

Best Party in the US!

Can you imagine how great this feels to me? Just to be nominated, and three year's in a row now!

We did not win the first time, but that was still awesome! Then we won last year and now we are nominated again! I'm not soliciting your votes, I'm sincerely pouring my heart out here with Love and Gratitude!

So, as there will obviously be tons of replies to this post, I will continue keep everyone as updated as possible on what will become of "our" BE YOURSELF party. As of right now, there are already some rumors. I will clear them up right here and right now.

NO, I dt, am not interested in any offers at this time that have come my way since the closing of Arc word has spread around town. With all due respect to every single club in NYC whether they have called or not, at this time I will not be moving our party to Crobar, Spirit, Deep, Sound Factory, Avalon, Exit, Roxy or any other wonderful club that we have here in NYC. We are having meetings on what our future plans will BE, and as always, www.DTourism.com will be the first place that I announce where we will BE OURSELVES once again!

IF you have heard rumors that I am relocating to Miami, well this is partially true. I was born and raised in NYC and will ALWAYS BE a New Yorker. God has blessed me with an opportunity to have the option of commuting back and forth, so yes, I already have a place in Miami that I am time sharing with a friend, and I may one day myself consider buying my own place down there, but I am not rushing into any hasty decisions anytime soon. If I were to permanently relocate to Miami, I would still come to NY at least once a month to do BE YOURSELF party @ _______? Details to follow.

As well as with Arc management, keep updated at www.arcspace.net. There are many exciting plans in the works!

* * * SO, HERE ARE THE OFFICIAL CLOSING DATES:

FRIDAY, APRIL 23rd will be our final BE YOURSELF Friday night closing party.

SUNDAY, APRIL 25th, I will have the honors of returning for one last final closing encore performance ever in the venue @ SIX HUBERT STREET! This will BE it!

I will play an extended set that will start around 6pm until sometime Monday morning when we all agree it's time to stop, say good-bye, pass around the Kleenex, hug everyone and brightly look forward to the future!

Please BE thankful to God above that he has allowed us this very special time together for 5 years now & for everything else he should BE thanked for! It is truly a BLESSING that we are ending this party as such an Incredible Success Story and NOT a party that had to close because it failed in any way, or possibly, for even worse reasons!

That alone deserves an applause!

My dear friends, this is NOT the end, this is the beginning of something new! I admit that I too am sad about this reality, but I am equally as excited to look forward and embrace "change" with the hopes and prayers that we will BE able to create something new and exciting for many, many more years to come.

FOR WITHOUT THE OLD, THERE CANNOT BE THE NEW >>>>

With all my love, sincerity and 5 year's of appreciation,

dj danny tenaglia

DTourism2@aol.com

PS: It is now Friday, Febrary 13th. 2004 at 4:35 PM, and ...

I will BE @ Arc tonight! HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! I TRULY FEEL LOVED BY ALL OF YOU AND I HONESTLY LOVE ALL OF YOU IN RETURN!

This is so Hard is where I started my club life and no place has ever felt close to the same.... Im gonna miss it I'll be showing up to the closing party at 6 oclock.... I thought I would be able to propose to my girl in front of the vinyl family one day but damn I didn't know it would come to this so soon.

:...:

Originally posted by Pyro264

were moving not closing

exactly!

be patient everyone. mike bindra and company need to pay the bills and put food on the table. made events will still be around. so will dt even if it may be only once a month.

dt has family here and also has a 10,000 square foot loft in brooklyn, so even if he moves to miami u better believe he will be making monthly new york appearances

let's be happy that vinyl is going out in style unlike many of the great clubs we lost without warning in the past few years. dt made us feel like we were in his home the past 5 years so let's enjoy our home while it's still here and let's end this era with a bang. This will go down as one of the craziest closing parties this city has ever seen!