Clubplanet Nightlife Community

other music genres

vt2be

Hence, the name clubplanet.com....Don't mean to be rude when saying that....sorry I think you may be on the wrong board for that.....Peace.

Mikey

------------------

"Music is life, take a pill and go beyond that."

Exit Fridays, The World Saturdays --- PM me for list info.

Gatecrasher @ LL this Friday - PM for list or email HazePromotions@Gateway.net for the HAZE list.....

I love rock music!! In fact Im a DJ at my colleges radio station.... biggrin.gif

I didnt think anyone else on this board was into the music I was into....oh and to the guy before me....just because this is a "clubplanet" board doesnt mean that there arent people here into other genres of music.....just because we all like clubbing doesnt mean we all like house music... nono.gif

Calyandra@aol.com

------------------

~*Liz*~

~*A bad little kiddie doing bad little things*~

Alien-05.gif

Originally posted by mfm18:

Hence, the name clubplanet.com....Don't mean to be rude when saying that....sorry I think you may be on the wrong board for that.....Peace.

Mikey

Oh c'mon dood......that wasn't cool at all. I believe that all music should be loved, and appreciated!....even if it doesnt float ur boat. And to the author of this post, Yea i love all music, im not into country at all tho. I was trying sooooooooooo hard to get Limp Tixx, for this Friday.....but i failed miserably cwm14.gif but WHATEVER......yeah im into Limp, eminiem as u can see from my 2nd quote, Lit, i also like alot of rap, rock, R&B....despite the fact that my heart belongs to Prog house/Trance......but i have to say.....above EVERYTHING that i mentioned above....2 of my favorite bands have to be Dave Matthews, and No Doubt. Why these 2? well lyrically and musically i think that both groups are brilliant in thier own way. for example:

DMB: "Crazy, how it feels tonite, crazy how you.....make it all alright...love.....crush me, with the....things you do. And I do, for you, anything......Sitting.....smoking feeling High! In this moment, oh, it feels so right! Lovley lady!, im at your feet, oh God i want you so badly. and i wonder this, could tomorrow be so wonderous, as you there sleeping? Let's go, drive till....morning comes.....watch the sunrise, and fill our souls up....drink some wine till we get drunk....yeah!"

I mean......how smooth is that bastard!

and

ND: "Step by step i get closer to reaching the top, every step must be placed so that i dont fall off....looking down to see how much higher i am, another cool wind comes through brushes my skin. The harder i push the tention does grow, i gather my thoughts, the further and further i go! With some luck i just might keep on climbing, so better to climb, than to face a fall.

This song was written 2 years after the bands original lead singer John Spence commited suicide. It's the bands way of describing how difficult it was to continue making music after his death. and look at them today.

Dont ever forget. Music is Life. No matter what kind you like, dont ever say that a different type is horrible. It is the center of life, and the imagination.

Love you all cwm11.gif

-Al cwm35.gif

------------------

A man makes his sunshine, and he makes his rain. Look at what you have, and where you are, before you say, "I've had a horrible day" Appreciate what you have, and realize how much others wish they could have that much. Live Life, and LOVE IT! --Me

I don't give a fuck if its dark or not! I'm harder than ME tryin' to park a dodge....when I'm drunk as FUCK, right next to a humongus truck, in a 2 car garage!

A few quotes from one of my fav. movies:

1) ELO!

2) Abbacazzaba! You're my best friend!

3)They Killed Killer B!!!!!

4)Fuck u Fuck u Fuck u YOU"RE COOL Fuck u....I'm Out!

5) Next time....You're gonna give me your Cocktail!......FRUIT!

Hehehehehehe

I agree with tripptrance, all music should be loved, and appreciated!....even if it doesnt float ur boat. I love all types of music...I'm not into country tho, but the guy I work with loves it...so knowing how important music is to me, I give him his turn during the day to listen to the music he loves. You should see the looks I get from my friends when I start singing one of the dixie chix songs smile.gif

i'm in for the STP show - can't wait

and as far as other genres go, i'm an all around music junkie - can't get enough of it

from DMB to Phish, Allmans to LZ to The Doors to Jimi. From Glen Miller to Brian Setzer. Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains to The Black Crowes. Galactic, Groove Collective, DJ Breyboy and The Allstars, Charlie Hunter, MMW, Sinatra and Elvis, to Ani DiFranco and Ben Harper - you name it.

I *think* my CD collection is somewhere in the 500 range - with a lot of live stuff.

If anyone else trades live shows - let me know, I'm always down to swap.

------------------

you can judge the quality and content of one's character by the way they treat someone that can do nothing for them...

I am one of the biggest Nine Inch Nails fans and he remixes his music to shit that you would hear in Twilo. Seen them at the Garden this year, KoRn, Stained, Chilli Peppers, Foo-Fighters, Filter. Club music is good, but there is nothing like going to see a live show. It's like sitting in your living room with thousands of your best friends. This type of music you don't listen to at clubs, you listen to it at home, alone because it touches you in way that is so personal. It's four guys playing together to make one great sound. The shit that we listen to at clubs, from hip-hop to rave music, is cool but it lacks emotion and substance in my opinion. There is nothing better to dance to but it lacks that feeling. I used to play guitar in a band so I am inspired by all types of music from Bach to NIN. I get tears in my eyes or goose bumps with this type of music. Hey to each his own but I think people need to learn all aspects of music...

------------------

"Life is a drink... Don't guzzle it down, learn to savor every moment..."

ken98_2s.jpg

-Ricfutures

Aw c'mon p00h, that's not fair. Liking Depeche Mode is no reason to call someone a tool.

I believe knob would be more appropriate.

smile.gif

**this joke has been brought to by spoony d and the partners for light hearted message boarding**

------------------

cold spoonin' on this lovely autumn day

spoonyd.iwarp.com

it's cool that you most of you guys show appreciation for most genres of music, even ones that dont float you boat, lol. likepeople who responded i love music of all sorts, though i'm not too big on country. and AL, i saw no doubt live, and they were sooooo freakin cool and Gwen was sooooo nice, she brought a fan on stage to sing along and she stopped the concert quite a few times to tell the crowds ( which were unbearable) to step back cause the people up front were getting sqashed. dave mathews WOW that guy is a poet! peeps see ya at the show! i'm sooooo freakin excited! STP are aswome live and i've always wanted to see godsmack. ricfutures if i woulda known sooner.. i had two extra tics, but actually i sold 'em right away to the kid behind me, cause i felt sorry he hadnt gotten any tics.. depeche mode are awsome! i think to this day, theirs has been one of the best cocnerts ive ever seen. anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else enjoyed other kinds of music.

irene

I know what you mean about how cool Gwen was. The Foo Fighters openned up for that Chilli Peppers show that I went to and Dave Grohl has to be the nicest performer on the face of the earth. The second song he sung in the crowd with his guitar, then he grabbed a little kid from the audience, announced his name and told him to break dance throught the next song. While the song was playing the kid got tierd and stopped and Dave said, "Don't stop keep going!!! Keep Going!!!" Then he lowered the mic down so that they both could sing the refrain, "I DON"T OWE YOU ANYTHING!!!!" That was a great gesture and that kid will have a memory that lasts a lifetime. In this day of big money, big egos and selfishness in the music industry, it's great to see the performers giving back to the fans in more ways than just putting on a show. I am a ROCKER at heart and always will be.

------------------

"Life is a drink... Don't guzzle it down, learn to savor every moment..."

ken98_2s.jpg

-Ricfutures

Originally posted by vt2be:

depeche mode are awsome! i think to this day, theirs has been one of the best cocnerts ive ever seen. anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else enjoyed other kinds of music.

irene

I def agree with that. I saw my first Depeche Mode concert in 1984. What a great show!!! Still one of my favorite shows to date...

cwm12.gif

I love just about everything but country myself, Rock is about 40% of my music. My roomate is the biggest band in CT right now and I help him promote , its a lot of fun as well as the clubs, but i do like clubbin better. Then again I have worked around music since I was 15 with home and car audio so I was introduced to a lot of differnet music along the way.

Originally posted by sdm1976:

PORTISHEAD ROCKS!!!

ooooh i luv portishead and pj harvey and peral jam and nin and metallica and hole back in the day and the baetles depeche mode nitzerebb stabbing westward disturbed they are all awesome cwm17.gifcwm17.gif

yeeyah i like old industrial, goth , some darkwave, new wave, disco.... favorites :blondie, placebo, switchblade symphony, abba, alien sex fiend, skinny puppy, specimen... i was a goth before i saw the light, can you tell? clubkid goth though, not cheese goth, although there is a very fine line between the two i must say cwm41.gif

------------------

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now and then I need some lyrics so I turn to Eminem and BIG

------------------

I'm outta place

I'm in outer space

I've just vanished without a trace

I'm going to a pretty place now where the flowers grow

I'll be back in an hour or so -- Eminem

I too am of listen's to almost everything (except country -- blech!!!) cwm8.gif

Some examples: Jimi, the Beatles, Sublime, STP, the Bobs, Metallica, Foo Fighters, Ben Webster, Charlie Parker, Miles Davis, Bach, Beethoven, Mozart (I was classically trained in voice, so kinda hafta like the cliassical)

The list goes on and on...

cwm11.gif

Just because the name is clubplanet doesn't mean there arent't different genere of music. Check the site they have a entire outlook on club life. Yes there are clubs that even play rock to latin sounds. Yes there people still go clubbing after the old age of 22! cwm4.gif

OMG I went to the Anger Management Tour- Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach, Eminem, and Exhibit on thursday and they were off the f*ckin hook! Reminded me of how much I like to also listen to alternative rock & rap music.....

-=*TrancEdkittEn*=-

------------------

white_kitty.gif

::::::Trancin' Is a Way Of Life::::::

Archived