Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sasha/Digweed vs JP vs Carl Cox

What's up with the weekend of March 12th.

Alot of competition will be here. So who's the best?

Sasha/Digweed- Crobar

Jonathan Peters- Black

Carl Cox- Avalon

it's been a long awhile since Sasha/Digweed have been together in NY, then again its been awhile since we have seen any of these top notch DJ's. So, when it is all said and done, who's going to have the best night. I vote Sasha and Digweed, what about you?

I spoke with someone at the CROBAR a couple of weeks back regarding Sasha & Digweed and was told that tickets in advance will be sold for $35.

They also implied that the club will NOT be open later than 6am for those of us that were speculating otherwise.

I was also told that pre-sale tickets would go on sale sometime in March with no exact date yet posted.

Has anyone heard different regarding pre-sales of the Tickets?

Originally posted by drbabybutt

Sasha and Digweed getting paid twice for the same evening- Paid $18,000 by Crobar to spin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Paid $10,000 by JP to stop set by 6 am so that Black actually has a chance of attracting some business.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:doh: Of course now it all makes sense!!!:laugh:

Originally posted by sleepiswaste

your all insane if your going to miss Carl Cox...

Sasha and Digweed is sleep music.

Call me on my cell phone from there while I will be in Crobar. This should make an interesting combo and that way we get to hear both places!!!

For those of you waiting to call me out on this anecdote, my girl has just reminded me that the night before the Space opening I described we were at the opening of El Divino (as was Sasha and everyone else on Ibiza) rather than Pacha

I was about to post that. That story actually was going around the island for the entire season. (I was there in the same year but later after Love Parade and Sensation White). But it is not the first time that DJs get messed up there. I saw Oakie doing lines from his Vinyl in Pacha on his Perfecto nites.

WICKED

Originally posted by sleepiswaste

your all insane if your going to miss Carl Cox...

Sasha and Digweed is sleep music.

Most perfectly said- they have been mad boring the past 5 years that I have heard them.

Carl Cox is one of the Best if not best on the decks in the world. The man invented the three turntable performance for God's sake.

Not last summer but the one prior (2002) Sasha AND Carl Cox were supposed to spin at the opening day of Space. On opening day, Space doors open at about noon and it stays open for about 24 hours.

Sasha shows up at Space around noon (after having been partying at Pacha the night before) even though he is not supposed to spin until way later (I think his set was to start at midnight). Well, My girl and I left space to hang on the beach, eat, etc. We return around midnite to hear the real music begin. Well guess who is taken out of the fckin club incapacitated- Sasha.

yea theres a great story about how Sasha was found sleeping in the parking lot of DC-10 with money falling out of his pockets....when i saw danny howells at DC-10 this summer guy was doing some type of shit...people were just handing him stuff in the DJ booth

Its pretty ludicrous to include JP with a comparison of Carl Cox and Sasha/Digweed. The latter are internationally reknown DJs who spin around the world and are always able to draw an admiring crowd familiar with (and loving) their music.

Some of you might be into JP, but he is strictly a NYC phenomenon. I won't demean his style or ability (or lack thereof) because musical tastes vary, but one thing I can say for certain is that if you mentioned JP to peeps in LA, London, Ibiza, etc, they would not know who the hell he is. There's a reason to try and start your own club to DJ at- no offers $$$ to DJ anywhere else.

(That said, someone is gonna say- "Oh Yea, I heard that JP spun at Warsaw in South Beach" et blah blah blahc- Yea JP has spun outside of NYC (and gotten PAID for it) all of 4 times.)

very well said...guy appeals to, jersey and long island (and staten island for that matter) non-educated house music fans who like mariah carey and luz divina remixes...JP shouldnt even be an option

I would love to hear both spin that weekend, but since that is not a possibility, I'm going with Sasha and Digweed. Its really rare you get to hear both of them spin together these days.. so.. that's where I will be. :)

I wish Carl Cox was playing another weekend though... :mad:

Originally posted by joecrack13

very well said...guy appeals to, jersey and long island (and staten island for that matter) non-educated house music fans who like mariah carey and luz divina remixes...JP shouldnt even be an option

Strangest thing though. There might be another Jonathan Peters then in Europe who HAS a huge following overseas. I wander if that is the same JP. On www.discogs.com only our JP showes up

I went to Ibiza (for the last 5 years) in 2002, and was going to Space to see Sasha for his bash, and guess what? NO SHOW. 2X that summer. I was beyond pissed (planned the whole trip around that night).

I caught Carl Cox at Space on Thursday for his residency (with Will Grant...awesome...and DJ Vibe...unreal!!!!!!

I would LOVE to see S&D spin for 4-6 hours....and then have Carl Cox come in and set it off. To bad it's all about the $$$$$.

So, luckily they are spinning on 2 different nights, but if I had to choose, I would say Carl Cox because you KNOW Crobar is going to by a sweatbox. Big Time. And if they pull any @#%% with the lines getting in, coat check, etc...buzzkill.

Originally posted by GregoryCFra

I went to Ibiza (for the last 5 years) in 2002, and was going to Space to see Sasha for his bash, and guess what? NO SHOW. 2X that summer. I was beyond pissed (planned the whole trip around that night).

I caught Carl Cox at Space on Thursday for his residency (with Will Grant...awesome...and DJ Vibe...unreal!!!!!!

I would LOVE to see S&D spin for 4-6 hours....and then have Carl Cox come in and set it off. To bad it's all about the $$$$$.

So, luckily they are spinning on 2 different nights, but if I had to choose, I would say Carl Cox because you KNOW Crobar is going to by a sweatbox. Big Time. And if they pull any @#%% with the lines getting in, coat check, etc...buzzkill.

I c Space is a bad vodooo for Sasha...

Seriously, i'm not gonna diss sasha and diggers. I like em, BUT FUCKING EH , CARL COX hands down. I had the luxury of seeing carl cox in a great Venue. OSAKA JAPAN, at the UNDERLOUNGE this past December. STILL THE MAN , STILL THE MAN

I mean i've said it once before, but one word says it best ...PUMPING!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND as someone just said, you can go see BOTH on friday and saturday. BUt me personally i'll save myself for Saturday.

Man if i had a dollar for everytime i found myself on instinct just saying "FUCK YEAH CARL!!!" during a coxy set. I'd be able to do even more drugs than i already do