Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sound Factory Is Done Forever

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah bro ..my friend was there..place was dead like 350 people in there..upstairs was close...around 6 cops come lights go on music stops..arrested alot of people that worked there and regular people in there..i think he said he even saw them shaking down the guy that you hand the tickets too...place is down..

Originally posted by promoclubs

does anyone knows what really happened

The usual, drugs. The place is done. Boxes of evidence were being carried out of the place. I haven't been there in forever, but this is never good for the club scene. Shows you the cops are still gonna target clubs.

All over the news this morning.

This is the third or so raid in less than 6 months and a number of arrests this time.

I'm sorry to say but I think SF days are OVA!

Too many violations, arrests to survive. Although I believe they may also get audited by IRS and get them on tax evasion charges as usual.

If JP's crowd have moved on to Exit (Another marked club) it may not be long before the next closure is imminent (sp?)

Exit has also been targetted many times for undercover buy and bust operations and has also been closed down a few trimes by the cops. The owner (NOT JP) is also under investigation.

Now especially if "BLACK" decide they want to do After-Hours then they might as well draw a big red target on the front of the club.

After-Hours are being targetted as an easy bust for drugs.

This is also why Crobar decided to stay away from After-Hours for a while.

Richard Grant arrested too. It's the END of that place.

Owner Arrested During Drug Raid On Manhattan Club

MARCH 07TH, 2004

The owner was arrested during a drug raid on a Manhattan nightclub early Sunday morning.

Federal agents and NYPD officers moved in on the Sound Factory in Hell's Kitchen at about 6 a.m., removing boxes full of potential evidence and computer equipment.

The U.S. attorney's office says the club's owner and two employees were arrested and charged with promoting and permitting the widespread sale of drugs. Prosecutors say such drugs as ecstasy, cocaine and marijuana were available at the club.

Drug use at the club led to several emergencies and two deaths, according to prosecutors.

It's unclear when the club will reopen, if it all.

I think everyone should let this thread die. There are people like me that don't use foreign elements like drugs to have a good time. We are the ones that get the short end of the stick cause we want to listen to a great dj and the drug addicts/dealers gotta go ruin it for everyone.

i dunno what you guys are talking about....many arrests?

There were three arrest, two employees and the owner.

http://www.ny1.com/ny/TopStories/SubTopic/index.html?topicintid=1&subtopicintid=1&contentintid=37921

This raid wasn't so much focused on the dipshits in there doing drugs...this was more focused on an owner and establishment that was allowing it to happen.

its sounds kinda fishy to me

why would the cops raid it on a dead night?

i think richard knew his party was going down the tubes and probly paid off the cops to make it look like the club is being shut down for drugs and not cause they have been doing so poorly

oh well another one bites the dust

Originally posted by aystar

its sounds kinda fishy to me

why would the cops raid it on a dead night?

i think richard knew his party was going down the tubes and probly paid off the cops to make it look like the club is being shut down for drugs and not cause they have been doing so poorly

oh well another one bites the dust

Did he also pay the cops to arrest him? What an ingenious plan. :rolleyes:

Guest mojamis

Why do some of you feel the need to immediately lump JP and black-which isnt even open yet- in with what happened to Sf and RG. Black is not exit nor is it being run by the people that ran exit so I think it is unfair to make statements like that already. Just my opinion

Originally posted by Drunk

The usual, drugs. The place is done. Boxes of evidence were being carried out of the place. I haven't been there in forever, but this is never good for the club scene. Shows you the cops are still gonna target clubs.

cops arent targeting clubs- theyre targeting DRUGS- dont you get it YET???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

LMFAO

Originally posted by digitalextacy

I think everyone should let this thread die. There are people like me that don't use foreign elements like drugs to have a good time. We are the ones that get the short end of the stick cause we want to listen to a great dj and the drug addicts/dealers gotta go ruin it for everyone.

bravo-bravo-bravo!!!!!

Originally posted by babbo

cops arent targeting clubs- theyre targeting DRUGS- dont you get it YET???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

LMFAO

Hey retard, shouldn't you be designing more shoes and macking to messageboard girls? They are targetting clubs where THERE ARE drugs. If you're too stupid to not be able to draw an inference from what I wrote, then don't respond to my posts, simpleton.

Exit has been a target for years because of drugs, you think the cops really care that it's new management? Black will be on the hitlist as well. Places like Crobar (even though it's new) and Roxy have made efforts to have good relationships with the police, which is why they haven't had these problems. Exit and most afterhours places have a big bullseye on their backs.

Hey retard, shouldn't you be designing more shoes and macking to messageboard girls? They are targetting clubs where THERE ARE drugs. If you're too stupid to not be able to draw an inference from what I wrote, then don't respond to my posts, simpleton.

Exit has been a target for years because of drugs, you think the cops really care that it's new management? Black will be on the hitlist as well. Places like Crobar (even though it's new) and Roxy have made efforts to have good relationships with the police, which is why they haven't had these problems. Exit and most afterhours places have a big bullseye on their backs.

hey moron- theyre after drugs and assholes that use them- no drugs- no busts- I dont care if its a club- a bowling ally, or a hair salon- now go fuck yourself -get my inference??? lmfao

Originally posted by babbo

hey moron- theyre after drugs and assholes that use them- no drugs- no busts- I dont care if its a club- a bowling ally, or a hair salon- now go fuck yourself -get my inference??? lmfao

When was the last time the cops raided Bowlmore Lanes genious. Clubs are where cops find the drugs. Any cop with half a brain knows this. How's Tuscany these days? :laugh:

When was the last time the cops raided Bowlmore Lanes genious. Clubs are where cops find the drugs. Any cop with half a brain knows this. How's Tuscany these days? :laugh:

seems like we agree- whats yr beef scooter?? lmfao

Grant and the two workers face up to 20 years in prison on each charge, as well as $18 million in fines. They also face additional charges related to the deaths of two patrons from drugs purchased at the club.

from NY1.com

SF is definetely not reopening, time to change clubs

Originally posted by klubbernyc

Grant and the two workers face up to 20 years in prison on each charge, as well as $18 million in fines. They also face additional charges related to the deaths of two patrons from drugs purchased at the club.

from NY1.com

SF is definetely not reopening, time to change clubs

This article is amazing! Undercover cops buying drugs right in front of a drug sniffing dog...

http://www.ny1.com/ny/TopStories/SubTopic/index.html?topicintid=1&subtopicintid=1&contentintid=37921