Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sound Factory Is Done Forever

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by klubbernyc

Grant and the two workers face up to 20 years in prison on each charge, as well as $18 million in fines. They also face additional charges related to the deaths of two patrons from drugs purchased at the club.

from NY1.com

SF is definetely not reopening, time to change clubs

seriously......

I just watched this shit on the news. Grant is totally fucked

The press is eating this up and as far as I've read so far there are no direct accusations that any of the people arrested were actually dealing drugs... This is the rave act and crackhouse law at work as far as i can see... It's a sad day for ALL club owners. I wouldn't be surprised if owners start patrolling the dancefloors with drug sniffing dogs to avaoid arrests and shit downs... I'm moving to Cuba...

hey asshole ^^ they were doing illegal things.and should be arrested. and why would u want to move to cuba. thats like saying u want to move to haiti. okay maybe you should go there if you want to do drugs that way our clubs will stop getting shut down.

and one more thing:

isnt the point of afterhours a place to go to do a lot of drugs? No person sober could stay up all night and to go to afterhours until the next afternoon? or would you like wake upand go 6am?

Originally posted by xxrachael1xx

hey asshole ^^ they were doing illegal things.and should be arrested. and why would u want to move to cuba. thats like saying u want to move to haiti. okay maybe you should go there if you want to do drugs that way our clubs will stop getting shut down.

and one more thing:

isnt the point of afterhours a place to go to do a lot of drugs? No person sober could stay up all night and to go to afterhours until the next afternoon? or would you like wake upand go 6am?

You've just demonstrated your ignorance.. You're oblivious to what politicians are doing to this country and how they're taking away people's rights on a daily basis. Do you even know what these people were arrested for?? There has not been one news report that has detailed the facts surrounding the arrests. All they are saying is that drugs were sold in the club and that people used drugs at the club. Find me a club anywhere in the world where that doesn't happen. It's called SELECTIVE ENFORCEMENT.

Read the facts... nobody from the club was arrested for actual drug dealing

http://1010wins.com/topstories/winstopstories_story_067161039.html

Originally posted by bumpdaddy

You've just demonstrated your ignorance.. You're oblivious to what politicians are doing to this country and how they're taking away people's rights on a daily basis. Do you even know what these people were arrested for?? There has not been one news report that has detailed the facts surrounding the arrests. All they are saying is that drugs were sold in the club and that people used drugs at the club. Find me a club anywhere in the world where that doesn't happen. It's called SELECTIVE ENFORCEMENT.

Read the facts... nobody from the club was arrested for actual drug dealing

http://1010wins.com/topstories/winstopstories_story_067161039.html

when drigs are involved- two things inevitably happen to ya its just a matter of time

1-you go to jail

2-you die pre maturely

any other thoughst- or conversations- about drugs- misses the point-

i personally couldn't care less about sound factory... but if what i think is happening happens.... many clubs will be shut down in the next few weeks... you can make a drug arrest in every club if you commit the resources, and shut it down. Who will decide what clubs are going to be targeted???

Originally posted by ritalin1200

the clubs with high incedent reports and reported deaths will be targeted.... not clubs like avalon and crobar and arc that keep the riff raff out .....

FYI... Avalon is definately being targeted... .undercovers are in there regularly.... and there haven't been any "reported incidents"

Crobar is probably safe since they've hired a former guliani goon as a security consultant..

BTW... there's plenty of "riff raff" at both places... they find thier way into every club ....

And so the downward spiral continues. Yet another NYC landmark is on its way out. Tunnel, Limelight, Twilo...and now Sound Factory. All the rooms where I spent some of my most wonderful nights are dropping like flies, one by one...only Roxy remains standing.

Every true NYC clubber should be sickened at the events of the past few years.

The sun ain't gonna shine anymore

The moon ain't gonna rise in the sky

The tears are always clouding your eyes

When you're without love...

RIP Sound Factory.

I completely agree with bumpdaddy... its completly an issue of selective enforcement. cops could parade into any club in the city and find someone with drugs on them. Whether you liked SF or not doesnt matter because this just helps to again prove that your club could be next.