Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Congrats to DJFX

obby

Guest brwneydtrouble

Hell yeah Felipe.....I think I have already worn out CD1. Its on constant rotation.

I have quite a few tracks off that CD! Ember, Forge, Myth of Osiris and a couple more that I can't remember off the top of my head.....

DJ FX's The Soul Replenisher will be broadcasted tonite at 9pm EST on our Proton Radio show, www.protonradio.com

To read more about this awesome 2 part mix ...

http://djfx.us/html/demos/soul.html

Also, DJ FX will be sharing the decks @ P:M Sessions along Francesco Cianci and Obby this Friday March 19 @ Privilege, 637 Washington Ave.

If you haven't heard the mix, please tune in tonite. Enjoy the show. :cool:

Thanks Marco! Para todo!

If you wanna view the demo details rpoperly, go to www.djfx.us and click on the Demos portion and "The Soul Replenisher" mini cover will appear at the top of the list of demos.

So far, all the feedback from everyone has been top notch, which I am totally stoked about! Gonna spend the day loading up the demo to the CP music server for everyone.

Thanks for the big time show of support Marco and to everyone else who has made mention both publically and in private!

Respect,

FX

DAmn FX...such talent for putting together a concept for a mix...just finish checking out your web site...n read on your new mix...WOW!!...such imagination...n the track selection looks INSAAANNEEE!! too bad i have a sorry ass comp that doesn't let me download..sucks...if theres any way i can get a copy of your new mix..let me know....peace!!!

I uploaded the mixes to the CP servers.

Also, I'll have copies with me at Privelege on Friday...get your ass on over there and hit me up!!!

As far as concept goes...that's my approach as far as djing goes. It often goes a bit further beyond just a concept and becomes an actual story told through music. If you check out my site, you can read detailed descriptions of my demos...in particular, "Been Around the World", "A Love Story", and "La Divina Comedia" and begin to gain an appreciation for the way in which I approach the music I play.

Again, thanks to everyone for the show of support...now get your asses on out to Privelege and experience it all live and direct!

Peace,

FX

Originally posted by echoesofdusk

i love tracks 8,9, 12 on cd1 the most.. :D this is a great kind of music to spin.. sad that i didnt see it before

Stoked to hear that I've created a bit of a convert into the highly mis-understood genre of breakbeat. Miami unortunately has put a stigma on it which is pretty undeserving, especially with the way breaks have progressed and advanced steadily over the course of the last 4 years or so.

I had a conversation with Elite Force during conference about the breaks scene in the UK, and he told me that about 2 years ago, Rennie Pilgrim and he had a weekly which would bring on average of 2 top notch breaks DJ's each week in addition to the 2 residents. The night would pull in only like 250 people.

Now, he said their weekly is a free party with the club maxing out to capacity at 1,500 with an average of 300 people left outside unable to get in.

Futhermore, to hear from certain well respected breaks dj's and producers that a certain mega-club (violently) threw out the talent because of the music they were playing inclines me to make a plea... to you guys that are touched and moved and wanting to make the presence of solid breaks in this melting pot we call Miami a reality to support us, to promote us, to share us with your friends and to let the owners and promoters know that you want this!!!

Additonally, I was pleasantly surprised to hear throughout conference not only a solid group of breakbeat oriented parties, but also that many established straight beat jocks are also incorporating breaks into their sets as well. Aussie sensations Infusion works both genres with great succes. Grayarea also does the same in their live show. Zabiela is tearing up the decks all over the place with his genre bending style and wicked scratch licks. Digweed now has a Bedrock Breaks sublabel, and noone can dispute the highly acclaimed "airdrawndagger" album Sasha released some time ago that had heavy breakbeat roots and flava.

The UK has long since been the trend-setters when it comes to electronic music. The Dj's and producers coming out of the UK in the breakbeat world are un-fucking-believable!!! The likes of Hyper, Elite Force, Meat Katie, Rennie Pilgrim, Adam Freeland, Evil 9, Soul of Man, Plump DJ's, Drummatic Twins, BLIM, Freq Nasty, et al put out release after release of solid and wicked breakbeats. This passed year, I bought more records than ever before...mostly breaks, and it was because I just couldn't help it! What has been unleashed this passed year is so damn good!

So, like I've said previously, I am so happy to see that the music I've compiled and mixed in this double disk is getting such top marks...there's only so much I am able to do as a DJ...my main goal is to present the music the best way I know how...but there's no denying that the root of a good mix first and foremost comes from a good selection of tracks.

There's a tight-nit group of breakbeat DJ's in town and we are all trying to bring our passion into the spotlight...reminds me of a dialogue from the movie "SE7EN" towards the end...let's see if I can do this:

KS - Wanting people to listen, you can't just tap them over the shoulder anymore...you have to beat 'em over the head with a sledgehammer, and then you'll notice you have their strict attention.

BP - But the question is - what makes you so special that people should listen?

KS - I'm not special....I've never been exceptional. This is though what I'm doing...my work.

MF - Your work John.

KS - Yes. You can't see the whole complete act yet, but when this is done....when it's finished, it's going to be... ....I really can't wait you to see it, I really can't. It's really going to be something.

BP - Well you know what? I'll be standing right there next to you. So when this big thing happens, you be sure to let me know cause I wouldn't wanna miss it.

KS - Oh don't worry....you won't....you won't miss a thing.

Respectfully,

FX