Clubplanet Nightlife Community

alright serious reviews on black

That I did hear... But I heard that there weren't many other changes made. Other then adding some cages around the club and putting jail-like bars on the main balcony... But I gotta talk to some more peeps. But the sound was on point from what I heard....

IMO the club looked great. Was there for the New Year's party and the place was a dump... looked really dirty, AC pipes dripping all over, trash all over the place.

For black first they changed the layout of the stairs a little bit... I was a bit lost when I got in, I could not find a way to get to the coat check! They also had two dancers totally dressed in black (including a mask over their faces)... I thought they were statues until they moved!!!! Freaky.

The walls have been painted black in general with lots of murals. There were also huge screen-type curtains over the main dance floor and the same graphics showing there were showing over the bars as well as on screens that were on the ceilings over the tables. Really nice leather couches in several areas, chandeliers in other areas. DJ booth totally enclosed in glass, SICK! they also added like a balcony area with sofas enclosed by curtains that overlooked the dance floor. The bars upstairs also had really nice little tables around them, kind of like an upscale little restaurant. Oh, they also had dancers at some of the bars....

I think that the vibe was up and down at different point. Not that great overall.

Music was pretty bad, he had no flow, seemed like he was just playing songs not playing a set. And he played alot of filler music which was pretty pretty much kileld whatever vibe he had going.

The renovations were amazing in my opinion. I'm not going to go into detail with it, bc i really dont feel like sitting here and typing it all, jsut go check it out.

ehhh i beg to differ..i had a good time...didnt get a bad vibe

thought the music was good..he spun some tracks i was definatly feenin 2 hear

gti...ripppped it apart

like a prayer<3

stand by me

paint it black....sik song 4 opening nighttt

all this time

white rabbit

just a little more love

.....just to name a few

i liked the changes..the booths along the second floor added a lil class..was feelin the 3rd floor changes but it shoulda been a lil darker in terms of lighting..but jail cells and murals very nice touch

a bit too crowded when i was leaving at 830...would have liked to gone on a regular night so it wouldnt have been so crowded...but people who dont know when to say when with drugs have made sure that probably wont happen after it got raded like that......and to those who wanna blame this on jp...you are wrong..blame ur friends who do g till they are passed out on the floor foaming at the mouth..what happened was horrible and u cant blame anyone but the ppl who od themselves, because security was tight in terms of drugs..they chacked everyone hard and the bouncers were definatly watchin cuz i had a few run ins with them myself....IT SHOULDNT BE A FREE FOR ALL...its a party dont make it a place to get so fucked up u dont know ur own name cuz in my opinion thats gross and unnecissary

gti...ripppped it apart

like a prayer<3

stand by me

paint it black....sik song 4 opening nighttt

all this time

white rabbit

just a little more love

with the exception of paint it black i have heard him spin thos same songs everytime i hear him. Hes gota break out some of his other classics, not the same few every godam time.

JP can never come close to Draper. It club may look nicer but he will never have 5,000 people dancing in unity like Draper. That was the peak of that place. Back in the day everyone got along & shared. It was so much cooler. And they weren't so fuckin' stupid. GO HOME JP! You will never live up to Exit. I don't care what anyone has to say Exit was the shit. Its so depressing that it is all gone. The true NYC underground scene has died. Exit, Tunnel, Limelight were the best times! Everything is too fuckin corny & repetitive now. Too much fuckin rap in clubs. Someone needs to remember its a bout the beats not the fuckin decorations or drugs. Arc was really to only place left & that will close soon to.

Originally posted by exit24e

with the exception of paint it black i have heard him spin thos same songs everytime i hear him. Hes gota break out some of his other classics, not the same few every godam time.

or better yet maybe start playin some new songs, im a huge jp fan and will stick up for him on anything, but he was playin weak all night:(

Guest klassiksking
Originally posted by djbutafly

JP can never come close to Draper. It club may look nicer but he will never have 5,000 people dancing in unity like Draper. That was the peak of that place. Back in the day everyone got along & shared. It was so much cooler. And they weren't so fuckin' stupid. GO HOME JP! You will never live up to Exit. I don't care what anyone has to say Exit was the shit. Its so depressing that it is all gone. The true NYC underground scene has died. Exit, Tunnel, Limelight were the best times! Everything is too fuckin corny & repetitive now. Too much fuckin rap in clubs. Someone needs to remember its a bout the beats not the fuckin decorations or drugs. Arc was really to only place left & that will close soon to.

Draper fucking sux - I dont care how many people he had in that place - it was all Chinese anyway - I guess you didnt read reviews of NYE shit4brains - btw, Black had about 7000 people there - it was just as packed as NYE

Guest klassiksking
Originally posted by fuckinsensor

or better yet maybe start playin some new songs, im a huge jp fan and will stick up for him on anything, but he was playin weak all night:(

Yeah, I was disappointed with his track selection. Just a little more love for 30min? I was glad he played Through. I liked the Maya acapella over junior jack

JP IS A CRACKHEAD FAG. HE FUCKIN SUX. I TRIED TO GIVE JP A MILLION CHANCES ON NEW YEARS HE PLAYED THE SAME BORING REPETIVE SET OVER & OVER. & HE PLAYED THE SAME SONG FOREVER. YOU ARE TRIPPIN. #1 JP GOT FIRED FROM SF- IT WAS RAIDED A MILLION TIMES CUZ OF HIS OUTRAGOUS DRUG PARTIES. #2 THE FIRST NIGHT BLACK WAS OPENED HE ALREADY GOT IN TROUBLE WITH THE DRUGS. THEN HE TRIES TO TELL EVERYONE TO CHILL WITH THE DRUGS WHEN HE SNIFFS A TON OF SHIT WHILE HES SPINNING. EXIT WAS TURNED TO SHIT CUZ OF KTU.

Originally posted by CoPa99

DRAPER BLOWS!!! HE RUNIED EXIT...HES THE ONE THAT MADE THAT PLACE A DUMP...

i'm not standing up for his mixing skills (or lack of) but Draper was the only person who could consistantly pack Exit in Week after week. Look at even JP-- its the week after the grand opening and the place was already half a ghost town last nite, and the rest of the space was filled in my cops and bouncers...

Cause you get a person such as myself who doesnt wanna deal with Cops, Od'ing kids, and all that other bullshit.

Everyone knows I love JP but im still waiting. See how it does throughout the rest of this month...ill go around the End of April or a Theme Party.

Gotta let all the bullshit fly around. Either its gonna get closed soon or by some miracle they will get their act together and it'll turn into something hot.

I wanna go sooooooooooooo bad but cant bring it upon myself to get there. Gotta see how things play out.

Tek

P.S. - JP is playing like he is becuase we havent heard him in a while. Bringin back the memories from some of the best times we've had with him. I doubt hes not gonna play anything new for the rest of the time hes at Black. I like being brought back to good times. Soon enough it will all fall together (I hope :unhappy: )

What JP does with drugs or watever im not commenting on..but I thought more people would understand that it is not his fault what goes on at the club. No matter what the party, wherever you go, theres going to be a drug problem. I have nothing more than respect to people who can go to SF, Black, Avalon everywhere and just drink but that is not a high percentage. The type of music that is played is made for people on these drugs as harsh as it sounds. With the cops raiding everyweek everywhere is gonna get closed. How could you say its good if the cops raid black, and still want it opened. helllllloooo no1 will be left.