Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JP Editorial....

like there hasn't been a million already...

what's one more?

"In regards to the past few incidents of Sound Factory being raided and closed last weekend, and the four overdoses at Black this past weekend:

If you want to find the answer to why all these kids are overdosing at nightclubs, you need look no further then the DJ who is playing the party. A crowd is a reflection of the DJ, and the one person both Sound Factory and Black (Exit) have in common is DJ Jonathan Peters. Coincidence? I think not. Peters is notorious for his heavily drugged crowd and you can tell wherever he is playing by the presence of both cops and ambulances waiting outside. The same problems happened when he played in Miami for the Winter Music Conference on March 7th, and it has happened again at Black this past Saturday. Wherever he goes, you are sure to find a crowd of drugged up kids, rampant drug abuse, and overdoses. Please don't consider all nightclubs to be as bad as Jonathan Peters makes them to be - the problem isn't the actual building, it's the crowd that he brings to it."

My advice:

PLAY MUSIC THAT MAKES PEOPLE DANCE!!!

It's JP's K'd out beats, fillers, and 30 minute songs we've all heard a billion times, that are making people do drugs!!! What else is there to do but get fuct up, sit, and listen? He should be playing upbeat music that keeps the crowd on the dancefloor and away from the corners sprawled out on the floor close to death.....

Don't forget that all you JP defenders were the ones who were ranting and raving about how great it was that there was NO sexurity checks at Exit for NYE. Come on people use your fucking heads. Seeing as this party was run by Deepr Rekords don't tell me that you honestly believe that JP had absolutely nothing to do with that fact. Think about it, yes there are people who somehow still manage to go see JP sober, and this must be a very very small percentage. These people are the same ones who obviously like hearing the same play list of: C:> Del, All This Time, Died In Your Arms Tonight, :knife: Going Thru It :blown: , A little More Love, and the other 8 songs that make up his 24 hour marathon sets.

"Yo Going Thru It over Died In Your Arms Sounded siiiiick and then into In Your Eyes oh my god i was soooo mangled" fucking morons. Yes opinion is one thing, but when it gets to this stage they become invalid in my book.

okay, let me start off by saying that i do agree with you when you say that a crowd is a reflection of the dj, but you cannot blame jp for the stupidity of a couple of people, its not like he's opening their mouth's and forcing them too drop bomb's or whatever other illegal substances they indulge in, the way i see it, if I choose to do drugs, it's MY choice to do so, not your's, not his, but MINE.

and for your infromation, i've been going to the sound factory for years and been their several times sober all night and all day long, i have meet and befriended some off the most wonderful people and the majority off them go to soundfactory sober, meaning they go there listen jp and his music and not to do DRUGS, as you would say we do!!!

Originally posted by magilicuti

ppl should blame themselves for drug use. no matter what ppl will do drugs. u r telling me that if u listen to a jp cd u have no choice but do do drugs? give me a break

for real some ppl are jsut so ignorant.. i listen to jp and i have never put anything up my nose or ever tried g.... i do like to drink once in a blue... so because i listen to jp, i am supposed to want to do drugs? hahahahhaha thats hilarious!!!

You know what.It is JP's crowd that is od'ing and going nuts.But its not JP's fault.

Think SF 30 hour marathons,they were fulled by drugs.If your going to be in a club for more then 6 to 8 hours your going to do drugs.The problem is SF went on to long.I used to love the place,but after a while enough was enough.SF's partys turnt alot of ppl into junk balls.Now that SF is gone and the one DJ half these kids know is JP they will follow him and party like they were at SF.It sucks because if JP gets shut down alot of these kids will go to other partys and start to ruin them too.

Most of these kids wont be going to any out of Country DJ like what Crobar and Avalon will bring in.They will go to NY dj's like Boris and they will go to partys that Morillo will be spinning at and then that will fuck that shit up too.

well thats where all the sf heads started goin... to cheetah.. disco... and anywhere else where there was a party.. the difference was in most of these clubs they werent open more then 6 - 8 hrs... jp is an after hrs dj.. so kids probably think they need to do more drugs to keep them goin.... shit sucks because they ruin it for the party... truthfully i hope jp closes down today earlier then 8am.... maybe that will keep ppl from doin too much drugs .. cause they will know they have to leave earlier..... i dont know... just a suggestion

THAT IS THE MOST REDICULAS THING I HAVE "EVERRRRRRRRRR" HEARD!!! IF SOMEONE IS GONNA DO DRUGS, THERE GONNA DO IT NOMATTER WHAT CLUB THERE IN!! SO GET OFF ALL THIS BULL" ABOUT BLAMING JONATHAN. ITS SO EASY TO BLAME SOMEONE ELSE. TRY BLAMING YOURSELVES FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS... THE SAME KIDS THAT OD IN HIS CLUB "WILL" OD IN ANOTHER. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DJ. THE DJ IS UP IN A BOOTH DOING HIS JOB. HOW THE HELL IS HE TO BLAME FOR 1000'S OF PEOPLE WHO WALK THROUGH THE DOOR!!! GET FOR REAL... I GUESS WHEN WERE DRIVING IN OUR CARS LISTENING TO HIS MUSIC WE ARE ALL FKED UP????????????!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU PEOPLE ARE A MESS!!! FKING REDICULAS!!!

SEE YA'S ALL AT BLACK!! LOL

Some of you are right, they do go to other places. BUT the other places DONT tolerate drugs. GO to Arc on a Friday nite. There are plenty of SF people in there and they do their drugs BUT the bouncers are always watching. Every week alot of people get throwin out for doing something stupid.

It does start with the club and their security if there are no searches or the rules are not enforced then shit gets crazy. It sounds like Black wasnt ready to handle it last week, it sounds like this week they stepped up and started doing their jobs.

It also up to the indivaual, maybe if everyone went out and didnt worry about their drugs and put all the effort into dancing and being friendly than maybe the placewould be open longer. Shit I am NO angel, but I can go out and enjoy MUSIC with out putting something up my nose or drinking from a little cap.