Clubplanet Nightlife Community

PVD OR Tiesto

paulvandykism

Whos PRODUCTIONS are better, meaning their own songs, Paul Van Dyk or DJ Tiesto?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Whos PRODUCTIONS are better, meaning their own songs, Paul Van Dyk or DJ Tiesto?

• DJ Tiesto
    • Paul Van Dyk

Originally posted by paulvandykism

So your a house head. So am I. But my roots a trance so. and what do you mean cheessy?

You know... like velveeta! Or that processed cheese food! What they call american cheese!

I was a trancehead when I first started listening to EDM...

Then I woke up!

:D:hat:

Originally posted by philippio

You know... like velveeta! Or that processed cheese food! What they call american cheese!

I was a trancehead when I first started listening to EDM...

Then I woke up!

:D:hat:

what characteristics does a trance song have to have to be cheese?

and just wondering, what kind of house to you prefer the most?

I've got love for both of them, but in the last couple years, Tiesto's level of production has exceeded PVD's, defintiely bringing way more original tracks to his namesake and apparently doing more studio time. Do some research and get copies of their dj sets from the last couple years and you will hear the difference, but both are true masters of their game. I look forward to having both of them in town...

not a fan of trance, but M.I.K.E. is a much better producer...

Tiesto doesn't really have a style, he's like AVB... he plays whatever's hot... PvD is the opposite... his music hasn't evolved... i loved his TPOD release, but he's been going downhill ever since it came out imo... i never liked Tiesto's style... i could never listen to his entire cd simply because it'd bore me to death... cheezy vox and lots of strings isn't exactly my thing and never has been...

as far as producing... well, i respect PvD a lot simply because he doesn't use a sound engineer and can actually play keyboard while Tiesto DOES NOT PRODUCE at all... 'Traffic' is a remake of an old tune... Magik Muzik is Geert Huinink , not Tiesto... Geert and Alco Lammers are the masterminds behind music that has Tijs' name on it... same goes for Mr Sam and George Acosta... both of them also pay other artists to make music for them... PM me if you want proofs...

p.s. i'm not a Tiesto hater or whatever... i hate them all equally...

Originally posted by colbyreese

I've got love for both of them, but in the last couple years, Tiesto's level of production has exceeded PVD's, defintiely bringing way more original tracks to his namesake and apparently doing more studio time. Do some research and get copies of their dj sets from the last couple years and you will hear the difference, but both are true masters of their game. I look forward to having both of them in town...

:aright: Great summary right there.

Paul Van Dyk has actually been voted as America's favorite DJ in BPM's recently released DJ list, with Tiesto coming in at number two. They were followed by DJ Dan (ther highest ranked AMERICAN DJ, and an excellent TECHNO DJ who barely gets booked in Miami), and Oakenfold. Christopher Lawrence managed to get the honorable number 5 ranking :D

I believe the highest ranked Miami DJ on that poll (as in most other American/European polls) was George Acosta (number 26 or something like that).

i enjoy both but since were talking about PRODUCTIONS here ......since seven ways, out there and back pvd has taken trance to another level. Tiesto has made his own productions and many remixes but not as many as pvd.....hands down goes to the king of trance...PVD:D

Originally posted by tac13081

i enjoy both but since were talking about PRODUCTIONS here ......since seven ways, out there and back pvd has taken trance to another level. Tiesto has made his own productions and many remixes but not as many as pvd.....hands down goes to the king of trance...PVD:D

we arent talking about quantity....we're talking about quality!