Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Howells review

Guest djdrip2002

Guest djdrip2002

Came there at 2 and the line was down the block all the way to the corner. Stood on line for about 20-25 minutes then another 10-15 for coat check. came inside thinking that it would be disgustingly packed but we found a nice spot and had a nice amount of room to dance... onto howells.... guy is amazing there isent anyone i ever heard that can build a set like him.... he played some of the best tech house/tech i ever heard.... i knew 2 fucking songs out of everything he played lol plus "that motherfucking house music" track. $15 is a steal if u ask me :D

Holy Shit! Howells was AMAZING last night! He closed out his last party w/ a HOT set! The crowd was great as always. Everytime I go to one of his party, this feeling comes over me and I just can't stop smiling. I had such a great time. I'm definitely gonna miss him @ arc.

I :heart: Danny Howells

Originally posted by ckord

Holy Shit! Howells was AMAZING last night! He closed out his last party w/ a HOT set! The crowd was great as always. Everytime I go to one of his party, this feeling comes over me and I just can't stop smiling. I had such a great time. I'm definitely gonna miss him @ arc.

I :heart: Danny Howells

crowd was terrible. Howells was definitely amazing however. Only stayed till 5:30, got tired but didn't want to leave. Danny never lets his crowd down, and it's sad that we won't hear him in that room again:( Good times with everyone last night as usual.

he definitely ripped it....that little latin set he threw in..bananananasssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!! danny is truly one of the most versatile dj's around.

crowd was so so..i wouldnt call it great.....

that motherfuckin house music.......sooooooooo hot

Originally posted by Ronin

crowd was terrible. Howells was definitely amazing however. Only stayed till 5:30, got tired but didn't want to leave. Danny never lets his crowd down, and it's sad that we won't hear him in that room again:( Good times with everyone last night as usual.

how's your toe?? :laugh2:

nice seeing you out & about robin, serge, everyone else...I got tired around 8 am but I also didn't want to leave...music was amazing, and the crowd dissapated a bit after a while, leaving a good vibe behind...definitely glad I ventured out...hightlight for me was i feel stereo, just the memories...

taken from another board, his encore:

amongst the many encores...(basically 10-11.30) few where..

deep dish - flashdance

danny howells - dusk till dawn

danny howells - jam loops 2

harry peat - affrodiziac

bent - always (dannys edit)

lisa stansfield - hold on (accapella used somewhere)

donna summer - last dance

donna summer - i feel love(dannys remix)

inner city - till we meet again

bob marley - could you be loved (final final track)

shit....if I knew this party went on till 11:30 I would have gone.

I left Avalon with the intention of going to Arc but by the time I was at 6 Hubert St. it was close to 5AM and I wasn't too crazy about paying full $25 for 3hrs (I thought they'd close at 8AM).

Hope we'll hear soon where the new location is...unless they'll give us a really bad news that Arc isn't really moving anywhere - just closing for good :(

Howells just to continues to prove he's the cream of the crop. He played his heart out last night. I agree, his versatility is unmatched. You hear just about everything from Howells. Other DJs *cough cough* should take notes. I've heard a few sets from there that were better, but this was high up there. It was packed and hot, but well worth it. Great end to a great run at 6 Hubert Street for Howells.

MAJOR MAJOR props to the 112 Crew in the arcade. Especially Bill Patrick who was fuckin phenomenal. They have to bring these guys back closing weekend.

The crowd was very friendly there which is rare in most NY clubs...thats something that i enjoyed....mad people (about 10 people) saw my Space Miami shirt from this years WMC and would stop me and chat which i always welcome...the crowd was mad cool...music rocked...danny of course was in his usual great mood, interactive as ever...there was that feelin in the air that it was a big night, and a memorable one at that...almost reminded me of twilo a bit (minus the vibe of twilo of course)...arc is really the end of the "dirty" NYC club life that NYC was most popular for back in the 80s and 90s and thats unfortunate...as much as i never really liked it cause it didnt serve alcohol, it really is a legendary spot...i wish i didnt have to leave early (about 5:30)...i surprisingly had an enormous amount of energy considering i worked til 11 oclock and was extremely busy too...my boy wanted to leave though...i should have stayed by myself...i wanted to see danny shut it down...wish i would have danced more also instead of chillin by the back bar trying to get drunk...cant wait for danny to get his NY residency back...anyone have a hunch where?

danny was great as usual, had a blast got there @ 5:30, left @ 8:30 ( only cause i had work @ 10) went nuts when i heard heaven scent ( even though i didn't like the song he mixed it with)

he always plays the songs u want to hear, i wish i could of got there sooner, stayed later, but i had a fun night, good seeing a lot of friends up in arc, was mad packed!!! prolly not gonna hear howells for a while :unhappy:

just makes his next nyc apperance more anticipated :tongue:

the CIRCLES MUST DIE...90% of the people inthe circles r horrible dancers. i dont go in there for a reason..and thats because i know im not good enough to perform in front of 20 some odd people watching...

meanwhile these inflated dummies..and their armcandy feel its cool to hog up a good chunk of space in an already small club...and they suck!..absolutely suck!... it aint cool man..

Guest djdrip2002

where i always hang out there was this kid and and a girl who were busting out some real nice moves... i see the girl there on fridays all the time

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

the CIRCLES MUST DIE...90% of the people inthe circles r horrible dancers. i dont go in there for a reason..and thats because i know im not good enough to perform in front of 20 some odd people watching...

meanwhile these inflated dummies..and their armcandy feel its cool to hog up a good chunk of space in an already small club...and they suck!..absolutely suck!... it aint cool man..

:clap:

Originally posted by xxrachael1xx

hahahahah did u guys see the chubby zebra chick? LOL SHE WAS SOOOO FUNNY she kept goin in the circle and finally some kid like pushed her and told her to get out :laugh:

:laugh: Too bad I missed this

I made it 1:30 through 9:30, but the thought of being in there through the end of his set, followed by his encore was something my body couldn't handle.

It wasn't all that crowded in there as I had expected it to be.

The crowd... eh.

I think that I would've frequented that place more often had they served alcohol.

$15 cover.... cool.

excellent

Truly excellent and solid set by howells. What a way to close out his arc 'home' residency. one of the more packed saturdays I've been to in Arc history. definite 'up for it' crowd vibe in general. My primetime was 2-ish to 7-ish and DH kept us dancing pretty much the whole way.

His sound: I wld characterize last night's set as generally in DHs tech-house style. At times (like 6-7) wld say he played a few harder techno tunes.

He even broke out some uplifting trance-y tracks maybe 4-5 am?? They worked great cos he set them up with harder progressive tech-house/euro-disco lead-ins & lead outs. 1 or 2 tracks even had that mid-90s progg sound like on DH's Jackpot CD.

The mix of tech-house and a few progg/trancers reminded me of when I first heard DH out at twilo, was it 1999-2000? and then in miami at shadow lounge 2000-01 when he played firmly tech-house.

As we know, over the course of his Arc residency DH constantly surprised us with his diverse tracks & styles. His solid tech-house set last night worked so well.

despite the packed house, the vibe was super UP and almost everyone was cheerful and generally polite. I did find the 4 or so SF juice head types with their shirts off to be out of place, that doesnt look like DH's crowd or vibe at all.

I'd even like a rule at MADE's next venue: YOU MUST KEEP YOUR SHIRT ON.

wear a halter top or a wife beater or even a ciut off tee: but you have to keep your shirt on.

Overall, excellent set from DH and an equally good crowd, despite packed conditions and a very few rude/SF shirtless rubes.

awaiting DH's NEXT NYC date!!!!!!

This was my first time at Arc and I'm really gonna miss the place. Super friendly people who know how to move and just a killer vibe all around. Yes, there all always a few idiots no matter where you go, but compared to Avalon's crowd lately, I can't think of one complaint.

You Arc heads are just amazing. I could barely stand up by 6 but I managed to stay propped up against a wall until 10 while everyone else was still going strong. I was very impressed by the whole night.

And Greg, it was excellent meeting you in the chill room. If you're on this board, you better drop me a line.

Jay