Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anyone been to a wedding where the DJ kicked ass?

Have you ever been to a reception where the DJ kept you dancing all night? I want to get my friends up and amped, ready to go out afterwards. I've checked wedding message boards for tips but all I found was lonely girls in their size-22 dresses biggin' each other up. I'm not knocking the plus sized girls, but they sure don't know the difference between Junior and Devito, or anything in between, for that matter.

Any tips? I'd rather play my own CDs than pay for some clown who's going to jump around with blown-up guitars and plastic fireman hats.

Originally posted by angelface6905

s? I'd rather play my own CDs than pay for someclown who's going to jump around with blown-up guitars and plastic fireman hats.

Someclown has been known to do this shit at weddings, also heard he shit in the Urinal b/c he was so drunk, and got the back of his polyester suit soaked..

Originally posted by angelface6905

Have you ever been to a reception where the DJ kept you dancing all night? I want to get my friends up and amped, ready to go out afterwards. I've checked wedding message boards for tips but all I found was lonely girls in their size-22 dresses biggin' each other up. I'm not knocking the plus sized girls, but they sure don't know the difference between Junior and Devito, or anything in between, for that matter.

Any tips? I'd rather play my own CDs than pay for some clown who's going to jump around with blown-up guitars and plastic fireman hats.

There is a DJ company out of brooklyn called Classy Sounds that IS PHENOMENAL!!!! I went to a number of weddings where they supplied to entertainment and had a BLAST - and from there I booked them for my own wedding!!!! They played ONLY what I wanted to play, didin't deviate at ALL!!! They were reasonable in price and provided a great fun club style atmosphere!!! I paid a little bit more for a additional light tresses and lasers - which was so much fun! The dance floor was crowded all the time!! 4 other people at my wedding booked them immediately following my wedding! The played all the great classic house songs and I didn't need to supply them with one song - they had it all!!!!

Best of luck and hope this helps!:)

there a few mobile DJs that come to mind that rock - Charlie Cavalo who owns C & C Entertainment and Sal Parm Djed my wedding - it was siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiickkk ... 261 poeple young old and inbetweent jamming..

also Mike G from Premier Party Netork (poor billys and Hunka Bunka) is a great wedding Dj along with Mike Ski and Joe Ferdico(Partners In Sound)

Classy Sounds in Brooklyn are getting a great repuatation..

being a mobile DJ myself for 15 years i can say that the industry has changed from 2 Djs in a tuxedo doing the chicken dance... at the moment we offer high end intteligent lighting, plasma screen video parties etc

Does it better than Get Bizzy Izzy, HANDS DOWN, the BEST WEDDING DJ in the tri-state area. And his company DIAMOND Productions can not be beat. A bit pricey, but you get what you pay for.

I promise all of you that NO COMPANY will do a better job. Ive been to numerous weddings that he has done and every single person in the place could not and would not stop dancing.

Originally posted by thehype

I've heard nuttin but great things bout Manny the Greek

Oh Yeah...my bad, JTK also does a very good job. Manny is a true professional. He has the entire GREEK market on lock down. CHances are, if your a Greek, he's doing your wedding. :D

Originally posted by badassmafuka

The best DJ at a wedding was

NEENA & PIRO

fucking sick time

He dropped Dark beat when it was the the 80 year olds were doing the worm, back flips

SICKKKKKKKKKKKKk

I did the siren place was like temps

Water bottles

you took the words right outta my mouth

nothing beats Sticky davis jr! :laugh:

Originally posted by marcomaxim

NICE!!!! A DJ that caters to CRACKHEADS!!!! WOW!!!!!

Darkbeat!!!!:laugh: :laugh: TOO TOO FUNNY!!!!

Not necessarily a CRACK HEAD wedding more like a awesome weddng

Everyone had enough respect for them.........

I was exagerrating with the water bottles

Manny The Greek is the best ive heard.

He did Dennys Wedding and everyone was non stop dancing.

Great job on the mic as well and his lights are good.

Def my #1 Choice for any wedding.

his company is JTK Express. If you want i can get you a contact # just PM me.

JP is hands down the best wedding dj.. my grandma got married for the 4th time.. he had all the wheelchair peeps suckin on pacifers and swig'in g.... grandma thanked me after.... it is 2 weeks later and she's still see'in colors....

I go to the home and visit her and all she does is stare out the window at the birds.. and every now and again she spins in her chair with this psycho look with her eyes buggin out... singin... "Had so much of u...." but sometimes she gets it confused with the Denny Tsettos angel song....

old_raver.jpg

Originally posted by ceeotter

MANNY THE GREEK RULES IF YOUR GREEK OR NOT..BOOK HIM!!

I have greek friends that have used him and non greek friends all were beyond happy...very professional....

Manny did my sisters sweet 16 and let me tell you, the place rocked out. It was at the venetian which was hot and manny brought a sickkkkkk sound system and lighting. For my parents who are off the boat conservative, the Greek was more than on point and they loved him and for mself and my lil sisters friends he turned the place upside down with house and hip hop joints!!!!! Great time!!!!!!

But again, he does greek and Non Greek parties.

I think I got a picture of me and him, he was all decked out in a tux!!!!!!!!

Manny rules!!!!!

Originally posted by marcomaxim

NICE!!!! A DJ that caters to CRACKHEADS!!!! WOW!!!!!

Darkbeat!!!!:laugh: :laugh: TOO TOO FUNNY!!!!

Actually the DJ played a "Fugaze Exclusive-cd" supplied by one of cp's very own specifically for the couple.....It was definitely sick!!!!

Oh and I was definitely a crackhead there so you may have a point........................lol:laugh:

Sue...........I retired the Tap shoes......lolol

Originally posted by badassmafuka

The best DJ at a wedding was

NEENA & PIRO

fucking sick time

He dropped Dark beat when it was the the 80 year olds were doing the worm, back flips

SICKKKKKKKKKKKKk

I did the siren place was like temps

Water bottles

COMPLIMENTS OF TOM FUGAZE

Originally posted by ceeotter

MANNY THE GREEK RULES IF YOUR GREEK OR NOT..BOOK HIM!!

I have greek friends that have used him and non greek friends all were beyond happy...very professional....

I know someone who had him do their weeding (non greek if that matters) and i heard he was great. Everyone from the youngest to oldest had a great time. Not to mention anyone who knows Manny knows he is a great guy and very perfessional when it comes to his work.