Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tiesto Confirmed To Play Avalon!

Originally posted by oldtimer

1) they change the age to 21.. or maybe even 22 so they can stop the kids with fake id's coming in (sorry to all the under 22 peeps here ....

...there's no fucking way i'm gonna share the dancefloor with some sweaty 19 y/o's back stubble rubbing against me..

hey wassup, thats true. but hey, im 18 years old. so im young. but ive been a fan of the trance scene since i was 15. so i got into the clubs with a fake ID, but i wasnt there to fuck around. i was there for the music. Draper back at the old exit* and SF back when i was promoting mix fridays with acosta, tall paul, and then we had it moved to EXIT. acosta, thrillseekers, marco v, bad boy bill, corsten at exit ... -and having TIESTO come out is one thing. not all the younger people that come in are there to fuck around. im there for the music. im out there to listen to Armin van Buuren, PVD, Picotto, Corsten, Tony Draper, Acosta, all the trance DJs that come out to the city and keep the scene alive. so please try not to bash the young`ns. lol i know whatchu mean exactly, but not EVERY single person thats younger is there to fuck around. lol damn i got a whole essay out. lol dont mean to bore ya.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by aznxtc

hey wassup, thats true. but hey, im 18 years old. so im young. but ive been a fan of the trance scene since i was 15. so i got into the clubs with a fake ID, but i wasnt there to fuck around. i was there for the music. Draper back at the old exit* and SF back when i was promoting mix fridays with acosta, tall paul, and then we had it moved to EXIT. acosta, thrillseekers, marco v, bad boy bill, corsten at exit ... -and having TIESTO come out is one thing. not all the younger people that come in are there to fuck around. im there for the music. im out there to listen to Armin van Buuren, PVD, Picotto, Corsten, Tony Draper, Acosta, all the trance DJs that come out to the city and keep the scene alive. so please try not to bash the young`ns. lol i know whatchu mean exactly, but not EVERY single person thats younger is there to fuck around. lol damn i got a whole essay out. lol dont mean to bore ya.

sorry about that.. i know there's true tiesto fans out there that are younger than 21.. i was one myself.. tiesto wa sone of the first dj's i was listening to when i got into edm.. in the past 4 years i havent had a chance to see him when he was in town because i went to school upstate and had no ride.. anywho.. i only brought my suggestions to the table because i would like to be able to enjoy tiesto instead of being crammed up next to a bunch of sweaty 18 year olds.. you probably think im some old fart that hates younger kids being out in clubs but that's not the case.. im only 22.. im just very dissappointed that tiesto is spinning at avalon..

Originally posted by oldtimer

sorry about that.. i know there's true tiesto fans out there that are younger than 21.. i was one myself.. tiesto wa sone of the first dj's i was listening to when i got into edm.. in the past 4 years i havent had a chance to see him when he was in town because i went to school upstate and had no ride.. anywho.. i only brought my suggestions to the table because i would like to be able to enjoy tiesto instead of being crammed up next to a bunch of sweaty 18 year olds.. you probably think im some old fart that hates younger kids being out in clubs but that's not the case.. im only 22.. im just very dissappointed that tiesto is spinning at avalon..

nahh its cool. i understand whatchu mean. its like how i look down on 15 year olders when im 18 you're doing it on ur own perspective. as long as there isnt any tension born from this, its cool. and yeaa man, im so dissapointed with the fact Tiesto chose AVALON to do it. its not gonna fit us seriously. the people thats there for the music* i wanna be there to dance and enjoy Tiesto's epic uplifting set you know? but its gonna beee so packed!:mad:

as for the door policy, like i said, i dont kno if they have changed it or not cause this was a while ago. i think pretty much when they re-opened under the name Avalon. i bitched to some of the PR people for the club so maybe they have changed their policy since. so far, it doesn't seem like ANYONE is agreeing with Avalon being a good spot. how much more can they offer someone when they have a cap of about 1500 people? sorry but i'm not willing to pay 50-55 bucks to wait on line for an hour, have to get all dressed up, and get trapped in there like sardines even if it IS Tiesto. i've seen the pictures and heard the stories of how packed it was even when Ferry Corsten came (Both times) and Tiesto can probably draw a crowd 4 Times larger, so imagine that.

oh and by the way, this is a email i got from one of the promoters of Avalon regarding the door policy.

he responds: You can wear sneakers if you do it in a stylish manner. If you are a group of all guys they might give you a hard time....either bring girls or go up to the ropes separately and not as one big group of guys. Best advice is to bring girls and dress stylish.

see what i mean?

Originally posted by Keith86

we need a good chinese trance dj in NyC and we need to have him spin somewhere everytime tiesto/pvd/avb comes ...i think this will eliminate about 85 percent of the crowd at these parties.

what do you mean?