Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Don't buy gas Wed, May 19th??

I know this is supposed to be about Clubs and stuff, but thought I might try to make a difference. Gas prices are rediculous and if we could change that, then pass this message on to those you know who drive.

Thank you.

Pascale

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE

UNITED STATES DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE MAY 19TH HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR BEHIND" DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD

THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THIS ADMINISTRATION TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE OPEC NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR

PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE MAY 19TH A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

If I lost 4.6 billion dollars, I would raise prices to make that money back.

it doesn't matter if you don't buy gas on wed. your going to have to buy it either the day before or the day after unless you plan to stay home and not drive

oil companies will never loss money they just pass the loss onto the customers so on wed. when people don't buy gas all it's going to do is bring up the prices more so think twice.

i used to have a car when i was in GA, MI and NJ .. but since i moved to nyc .. i realized i dont need a car ..

not only does cars have high insurance rates, high gas prices and impossible parking .. but also they pollute the environment and we dont need that in ny ..

so .. i dont know if my voice count .but i vote for not buying gas on the 19th .. or .. better yet .. sell ur car (if u can afford to do without it) and live free on tranportation ..

peace

the MASK

i know it sounds good...but logically if you have a dependent product such as, air..... to sell and you do not sell it today....but you will the next day because,...well people need air....are you really going to panic???

why should it be over $2.15 a gallon when I was paying almost a dollar less a gallon a few months ago???

supply and demand. mostly demand from China & India.

dont blame OPEC for this one. Blame the global oil companies for not building enough oil refineries.

also keep in mind that despite the recent increase, the US' gasoline prices are still among the lowest in the world. In the UK, for example, gas is around $6 a gallon.

Well would it defeat the purpose if we Filled up our tanks the day before, I mean naturally we would do that, or push our cars on Wednesday, soo

would the unusual high rate of sales the day before, make up the difference in the following day's anemic rev..?

Hmmmm... I must be overlookikng something and not thinkin' right probably cos it's 1am and i'm sleep deprived..

OMG!!!! i fuckin hate the fact that the gas prices are soo extreemly expensive...if i put 5 bucks in my tank, before this insanity , it would give me half of tank of gas..now it only gives me a quarter of a half a tank...grrrr!!!!!

but yeah, some people are right...how is it going to make a difference if we don't buy gas on wed.? it is not going to lower the prices of gas here in the states..and it is not only us...people from other countries are suffering too..i was just in england , and to fill up a car there cost about 30-40 pounds! that is insane!!!!

not buying gas wednesday will just make gas more expensive on thursday..

you all need gas, so you will pay whatever it takes to get it!

the real problem is not the oil companies.. its joe public and suzy q. high school that buy SUV's when they live in Long Island that consume way more gas than a smaller car, or even a minivan. Does anyone REALLY need a truck as big as the Expedition?

the suv's are the real problem here.. but american's greed for "bigger + better" will never go away, so we're all fucked because of our own self-importance.

ok..well i read all the posts so far. Earlier in the week my father, a top executive in NYC, received an email about this thing. Apparently, if the US doesnt buy gas on May 19th stock prices will plummet 4.6 million dollars. In effect, gas prices will go down. Therefore, I ask all you out there NOT TO BUY GAS ON MAY 19th, 2004!!!

I am a business major at SJU and my professors have agreed tat we should all not buy gas on Ma 19th.

Hollaaaaaa...clubs will live without us buying gasoline! :)

i think people who drive and destroy the environment deserve the high prices.

Itz the industries that make these gas guzzling suv's not the drivers...but as usual the customer always pays in the end.

Gas SHOULD be 6.00 a gallon.

And btw, whatz with all the negativity...family in the biz or somethin? :huh: I'm sure your a nice person but with rationalizations like that it gives industries the power to jack up prices. c'mon now :yuck:

I'll do the 19th, but I do wonder if the additional fill-ups on the 18th & 20th dont make up for it tho.

I am wondering the same thing. I will do it, maybe they will raise the price Thursday and maybe they won't. With the current price of gasoline I anticipate getting raped at the gas station, so it won't be too big of a deal if they do.

BTW thanks for the CD @ ARC :)

And btw, whatz with all the negativity...family in the biz or somethin? :huh: I'm sure your a nice person but with rationalizations like that it gives industries the power to jack up prices. c'mon now :yuck:

I see his point. Human beings have fucking DESTROYED the environment. Our use of gas and oil have contributed immensely to this. It sucks that there is not an alternative and it sucks even more that we have become so dependant on motor vehicles.