Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Frankie Knuckles @ Nerve Review

Bling

I want to start this review by saying that I promised macboy not to start this review by saing OMFG I DIE!!!!! so instead ill say AY DIOSSSSSS MIO ME MATOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF I had to vote right now for what venu has made me dance the most, made me feel plain ol good about soulful house music and that has helped me enjoy a completely new style of dance music that i had never heard before, my vote goes to Nerve. I mean i even had to go to the man himself JOn adn tell him holy shit look at this turnout .. keep bringing people like this .. what a nite

I thinkkkkk xcess entertainment will be back

So great to see a huge representation of CP and Cj people. Everyone showed up and it just made the mood and atmosphere that much more incredible

So anyways, I go to Phillipio's house and pick him up along with his friend cezar(really nice guy) who came from Orlando to hear Frankie spin.

So we get to Nerve and sheldon is awesome as always. But wait there IS NO VAUGHN.... ALL NITE??? (WHERE WERE U :mad: ) LOL .. j/k..

so we bump into Carisa who looks so sexy in her dress... ooh laa laa. there were so many people there it is difficult to even remember but alll the co*****kie staff was there Nick, Sarah, Shannon(so awesome to see u . hope i introduced u to as many people as i could :) )

Also in the house was Pod and Norah, and of course LYRIK.(and yes lyrik i told u and ill post it here) IM CONVERTING !!!!!! FRANKIE KNUCKLES SEALED IT :) I now like trance and soulful house just as much as each other.

Also wonderful to hang with Djss (great pics bro lookin foward to it) Hope u got home safe Sean; You party animal !!! Also great to see Trancelator and Apotheosis from CJ. Also a huge shoutout to the ever enchanting Fairy Dust from CJ. What a sweetheart . It was a pleasure to meet you. ONce again sorry for knockin over ur drink... so embarressed. Hope to see u again really soon.

Also in the house was The Saleen who was pimpin in VIP for a bit. Laliux showed up as well as Renzo who was digging what the Godfather of House was dishing out.

I know there were countless more of you but then again my review will be way too long :)

The set was incredible. Frankie took over at 1 and didnt stop till 5. From gospel house to really kick ass slower house to just plain ol fun house to dance to he brought it all. I was informed by both Lyrik and Phil that he was goin very old school throwin down tracks from the 80's. Furthermore, Lyrik was tellin me Knuckles was crankin the bass all the way up old skool dj style only then to crescendo then lower it down to a more loungy track.

Sick Sick Sick nite.

I can best compare this nite to Tiesto at Space. its a weird comparison but I will say this was the perfect house set. Just as Tiesto was the best trance set i heard at WMC. I truly got an education in house music (and good music in general)

At the end of the evening everyone clapped for the man frankie. and then we headed out. Phil had too much to drink so he felt like vomiting but never did thank god. :) ANd i drove pathetic on the way home. I have no clue. I was completely sober. Even after the birthday shot we all had in honor of Phil

of course i gave him my blue long island ice tea so i was a big part in his drunkenness :)

I heard Danny Tenaglia dropped in for a bit with 2 girls but departed very soon.

So happy for nerve that it finally got the crowd that it should have been getting all along with all these great djs lately. The place had incredible energy and i was really feeling it. Perhaps in part to the really good promoting by XCess and Nerve for frankie as well as the fact that its just damn good house music that did it .....

Till next time at Nerve .........

Guest saleen351

I'm gonna say it, about Nerve and Franky Knuckles last night

THE BEST SOUTH BEACH PARTY I'VE BEEN TO SINCE AMNESIA 1996...

HANDS DOWN, ONE OF THESE BEST SETS OF CHOONS I'VE EVER HEAR, HANDS DOWN, THE BEST SOUND SYSTEM, HANDS DOWN THE 100% ABSOULTE BEST JOB ON THE LIGHTS I'VE SEEN IN ALL OF FLORIDA, HANDS DOWN, ONE OF THE BEST VIBES I'VE EVER SEEN, HANDS DOWN XCESS ENTERTAINMENT AND NERVE WERE SO ON POINT I WAS AMAZED. CLUB LOOKED SICK, SOUND WAS SICK, PIGEONS, AND MY GOD, THE BEST OLD SCHOOL HOUSE YOU'LL EVER HEAR.... I COULD NOT TRACK ID ONE TRACK, I THINK I HEAR A MADONNA SOMEWHERE IN THERE, BUT SHELDON AND THE ORIENTAL KID DID A GREAT JOB ASWELL.

BRAVO NERVE, BRING FRANKY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT WAS LIKE I WAS IN A TIME WARP, TO A DAY AND AGE WHEN CLUBBING WAS FUN. DID YA NOTICE EVERY PERSON WAS SMILING LAST NIGHT?

THE MUSIC IS THE DIFFERENCE, THE LOCAL MIAMI JOCKS WHO DIDN'T SHOW UP, NOT ONLY ARE DISRESPECFUL, BUT SHOULD HAVE TAKEN NOTES LAST NIGHT..

Only thing I want to add...much respect to John Huang, who helped Shel warm the decks up before Frankie. Just fantastic!!!!! XESS, please come back soon and bring Mr. Huang with you!!!!!

Oh yeah, and what was with the drinks last night. Different bartenders were charging different prices for the same drink. Not cool. :mad:

But that didn't stop me from having a great evening. I hope the XESS crew considers it a success because I think everyone who showed up to support would consider it to be. :aright:

One word...AMAZING! From start to finish the night was pure bliss...Sheldon to John from X'ess and of course FRANKIE!!! At the end of the night one of the bouncers from nerve was telling the X'ess guys that was probably the bext turnout and vibe he has seen there outside of conference and was thanking him for what they brought to this club last night. Saleen was in the house and on the dancefloor people and he is so right....I only knew about 5 or 6 tracks Frankie threw down. Bling what I was telling you is that DJs in the past as the night draws to a close work that bass out to just grab people...and Frankie was hittin it just right and than goign straight into a soulful classic one right after the other....thing is usually the system at nerve is very touchy....but Frankie seemed to know just how to push it to its limits with out going over board....by the time the last few records were dropped which by the way were about 100 bpm and still had a packed floor, the place was just booming with bass you could feel it resinate through-out your whole body....incredible vibe in there...even more incredible people....and my highlight of the evening.....giving the man Frankie Knuckles and friend a ride back to the hotel room.......thats like a priest giving Jesus a ride.....simply can't explain what it feels like to be in the presence of someone that basically lead the way for my own passion more than 20 years ago. The man is a genius there was no worry about how his set or mixing was gonna be because just as a certain track was played during the night it was "ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS".

holy shittt lyrik u gave him a ride...... u lucky bastard thats so sick :)

Kind of just happened...and of course I jumped at the chance to do it and Frankie was very gracious and thanked me the whole way there and chatted about house and the scene here and where I grew up for a bit.

Kind of just happened...and of course I jumped at the chance to do it and Frankie was very gracious and thanked me the whole way there and chatted about house and the scene here and where I grew up for a bit.

hell i would have done the same in ur shoes with frankie. or with my personal fav dj armin van buuren..... im guessing this guy is ur all time fav dj lyrik?

hell i would have done the same in ur shoes with frankie. or with my personal fav dj armin van buuren..... im guessing this guy is ur all time fav dj lyrik?

No its not even that...dont get me wrong I love Frankie Knuckles and his music and more than anything I have 100% respect for this man....I wouldnt call him my all time favorite just because my own style differs from Frankies a bit...I leave that title to Derrick Carter....but Frankie is still a genius and sick sick sick....perfection behind the tables.

Last night was absolute insanity!!! THE GODFATHER DELIVERED!!! In spades!!! Like saleen and Lyrik said, trainspotting was a bitch!!! He pulled off some old-skool classics up against some jackin' funk and it worked!!! It ALL worked! An unbelieveable night of all things house!!! I have a good feeling that X'ess will be back with some more heavy hitters! Crowd was a bit slow to filter in but by 4am it was solid! Very intimate atmosphere! Easily one of my truly memorable nights of clubbing! And the last 45 minutes were just pure musical seduction!!! :bowdown: He slowed shit down and it was just hittin' the soul HARD! :getdown:

Now I have to steal saleen's quote:

"IT WAS LIKE I WAS IN A TIME WARP, TO A DAY AND AGE WHEN CLUBBING WAS FUN. DID YA NOTICE EVERY PERSON WAS SMILING LAST NIGHT?" ;)

To everyone who made my b-day so memorable last night, thank you!!! :D

victor man....... bad nite to miss out on...... it was fuckin amazing had a vibe u dont normally get at clubs except on very special nites ...... sickkkkkkkkk

I know. I wanted to go so bad..but had made plans for my sister's b-day

and we all partied @ her b/f house in Old Cutler.

They got some NIIICE BIG houses downthere!!

Play your music loud as you want and no one fucks with you. :bounce:

From the sounds of it, Xcess will back and I'll be there this time.... :D

I gave the Xess guys a ride back to their hotel last night and they seemed really pleased with the evening. I told them that it was one of the nicest turnouts I have seen at Nerve and probably the best since WMC. Of course they didnt realize I was CrzyC until they were getting out of the car....lol.

Thanks again to the Xess guys for a GREAT night. As I said before, Jon your opening set was badass!!!

Hey Sheldon...nice to see you again last night and you had a really smooth opening with some great choonage...cant wait to hear the cd! :D