Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Anybody else notice...

preppy is back in.

watch out.. bc supposedly grunge will be coming back for the Fall :rolleyes:

preppy is not something that comes in and out, preppy people have always dressed this way, all of you people can kindly stop ripping our style, thanks

preppy is not something that comes in and out, preppy people have always dressed this way, all of you people can kindly stop ripping our style, thanks

Preppy is a style.. just like surfer, skate, grunge, etc. and different styles are hot at one period of time. I am not rpping your style, just stating that its one of the hot things at this time. I am a buyer, i am supposed to know these things.

Preppy is a style.. just like surfer, skate, grunge, etc. and different styles are hot at one period of time. I am not rpping your style, just stating that its one of the hot things at this time. I am a buyer, i am supposed to know these things.

I am not saying it isn't a style, I am refuting that it's a trend. As i'm sure you can imagine, it sucks when people all of a sudden start copping your style, especially when as recently as last year, they would consider dressing that way to go somewhere casual "overdressed" and they didn't understand pastels. Go back to wearing gay von dutch stuff and leave preppy style alone. I can't even pop my collar anymore, because I don't want to be associated with all the posers.

I am not saying it isn't a style, I am refuting that it's a trend. As i'm sure you can imagine, it sucks when people all of a sudden start copping your style, especially when as recently as last year, they would consider dressing that way to go somewhere casual "overdressed" and they didn't understand pastels. Go back to wearing gay von dutch stuff and leave preppy style alone. I can't even pop my collar anymore, because I don't want to be associated with all the posers.

I'm curious, and don't worry, I have no intention of dressing preppy.

But what does it mean to "pop" your collar?

you act as if yo were the only to ever wear preppy clothes.. newsflash.. you aren't! if you lived down south you would see that they live in prep for the past 50 years. live with the fact that this preppy trend is in this spring, summer and will probably continue through fall. i have never worn preppy, nor do i care for von dutch, or donned a trucker hat.... my sister, my mom - they shop at Lands end and LL bean and wear polo shirts and khakis.

who the hell cares.. if you are confident in what you wear then why do you care what everyone else is wearing and you think that they are copying you.

anyways, havent you ever heard that imitation is the highest form of flattery.

you act as if yo were the only to ever wear preppy clothes.. newsflash.. you aren't! if you lived down south you would see that they live in prep for the past 50 years. live with the fact that this preppy trend is in this spring, summer and will probably continue through fall. i have never worn preppy, nor do i care for von dutch, or donned a trucker hat.... my sister, my mom - they shop at Lands end and LL bean and wear polo shirts and khakis.

who the hell cares.. if you are confident in what you wear then why do you care what everyone else is wearing and you think that they are copying you.

anyways, havent you ever heard that imitation is the highest form of flattery.

I know I am not the only one who dresses this way, and that there is a certain set of people who always have. However, it annoys me when the steakheads who would be like "why is your collar up?" last season are now wearing pink polo's and popping theirs, which they are not qualified to do. Also they bastardize the style, by wearing garbage polo's from shitbag stores like A+F and Diesel

I know I am not the only one who dresses this way, and that there is a certain set of people who always have. However, it annoys me when the steakheads who would be like "why is your collar up?" last season are now wearing pink polo's and popping theirs, which they are not qualified to do. Also they bastardize the style, by wearing garbage polo's from shitbag stores like A+F and Diesel

So you have to be a rich ivy league boy with a name like Spencer living off of daddy's money to pop your collar? As far as I know, anyone who's a reject with no fashion sense is qualified to pop their collar.

So you have to be a rich ivy league boy with a name like Spencer living off of daddy's money to pop your collar? As far as I know, anyone who's a reject with no fashion sense is qualified to pop their collar.

you have no idea what you are talking about